TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger Air Bag Cover

easiest thing to do is call parts department at any dealer, give them your vin # and they can give you the part number along with the price.

I did that, they are trying to sell me the entire assembly. I know we can just get the cover, well I could on the GT500.

Anyone know how to remove it so that I can get CS to sign it???

Here are the instructions I used

The first file shows how to De-Power for removal and Re-Power the airbag after install

The second file shows how to remove the airbag assembly, once removed carefully remove the cover from the airbag itself.

Airbag_Removal_1.pdf

Airbag_Removel_2.pdf

Airbag_Removal_1.pdf

Airbag_Removel_2.pdf

Does any one happen to know the part number for the passenger air bag cover on a 08-SGT with the Satin Aluminum interior package?

This is the part number for the satin aluminum air bag cover 5R3Z 6304338 BA. I have a 2007 SGT but the part number was from a forum member who has an 08 and it worked fine. Have your dealer run your VIN # to confirm. My cost was about $125.

Dave

I did that, they are trying to sell me the entire assembly. I know we can just get the cover, well I could on the GT500.

You can just get the cover and not the whole assembly. My dealer qouted me $150 for just the cover, but I know Michael Morris said it was not that expensive. He has a post on this somewhere on this forum.

I have been considered sending in the airbag cover for quite awhile, but uncertain of the process to remove it, shipping and reinstall.

So, are most owners purchasing a new cover for the signature?

If you removed the original cover, I assume the car is out of commission until it is reinstalled..

Also, there was a notice on the Carrol Shelby autograph link that the airbag cover must be sent in the original packing box.

Is this also why a new cover is required?

Thanks

I have been considered sending in the airbag cover for quite awhile, but uncertain of the process to remove it, shipping and reinstall.

So, are most owners purchasing a new cover for the signature?

If you removed the original cover, I assume the car is out of commission until it is reinstalled..

Also, there was a notice on the Carrol Shelby autograph link that the airbag cover must be sent in the original packing box.

Is this also why a new cover is required?

Thanks

It does not have to be sent in original box, you just need to take the cover off and you can still drive the car with the airbag part installed.

• 1 year later...

I have just removed the passenger air bag cover. Other than packing it up with my personal info and csm # how do I go about making payment?

Will paypal be acceptable ? If I include a disposable camera will someone there take a few pics for me?

any contact info appreciated. Thanks all, Don

Does anyone know off hand the price that the Shelby foundation charges for the signing itself? Can I just pay more and have them supply a cover to sign? It seems to be easier to just pay more and keep the signed cover as a collectors item and not have to worry about smudges once it's put back into the car. If they won't supply the cover does anyone know if there's somewhere where I could just buy the cover? Maybe Shelby parts?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Here are the instructions I used

The first file shows how to De-Power for removal and Re-Power the airbag after install

The second file shows how to remove the airbag assembly, once removed carefully remove the cover from the airbag itself.

Thanks Shelby-Don those instructions helped a lot!

Archived