TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trying on BLACK Fender Stripes

Tanabanana

I like the look on the CS better than the GO. FYI, years ago when I had my 95 Cobra supercharged they installed some vinyl decals on the hood. After about 6 months I pulled them off and discovered the adhesive stained the clearcoat. I hope that materials are better these days.

I like the look on the CS better than the GO. FYI, years ago when I had my 95 Cobra supercharged they installed some vinyl decals on the hood. After about 6 months I pulled them off and discovered the adhesive stained the clearcoat. I hope that materials are better these days.

I asked that question before I bought them. This material is a high performance material that is removable with no residue damage left behind.

WinterizeNov2008009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very similar to the "red stripes" used on the C4 1996 Corvette Grand Sports (the stripes indicated which of the original three were out on the track...one, two, or three in the old days)...this striping scheme was then applied to the Limited edition of the '96 Grand Sport...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at my yellow stripes - not yet installed - and wondering what they'd look like on a white car.

These yellow ones are two inches wide; it looks to me as if most installations are an inch apart. Is there a convention as to fore/aft placement, angle from vertical, or distance between the stripes? Any instances of two colors paired? Stripes on the right-side fender? Both front fenders?

I've had the yellow ones since September. Can't decide if or how.

I had such difficulty removing the reflective vinyl red/white/blue Fourth-of-July stripes last year, I'm being hypercautious: these are orange duct tape, and the interstitial is applied over painter's tape. They'll all come off easily, compared to full-on vinyl-on-paint.

I have yards of reflective black (reflects goldish, like the Mach back stripes of years gone by; looks kind of vapor-dark gray in daylight, black if you're not looking too closely), red, yellow, orange, blue, white, silver, gold, even some brown, all three or four inches wide. I think putting it on over painter's tape, with a sixteenth or eighth-inch border will seal it and not be too much trouble to take off. Any of them will go good on white, I guess. Maybe try gold next, or a gold and a black with the white between.

Or white on white. Hm.

stripes_30587.jpg stripes_30596.jpg

stripes_30587.jpg

stripes_30596.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

new_rims_015__2_.jpg

Reflective green for me. I've seen many SGTs with this done in all kinds of colors. There is a thread in the Shelby GT forum, "show me your stripes" if you want to see more. I did it orig to set my car apart for the camera guy during race days. There were many identical SGTs at the track and we only had hood #s that could not be seen. During the Shelby Bash this year they gave out these stripes in silver and red. The trend has caught on.

If I get a Bullitt as a DD, I will do the same to it. It gets much attention on PCH.

Mike in OC

new_rims_015__2_.jpg

Archived