TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 - The Exact date the new flywheel started going in

Grabber

I had the entire TSB and this is the only solution and to put just a fywheel in would only prelong things before the full TSB would have to be completed. The clutch and input shaft is beefed up with bigger splines and the friction disc center hub is coated with nickel for less friction and smooth release.....and engagement. I found a dealer to do the whole TSB and got it done before the warranty was gone!!!! at 12 months or 12,000 miles!!! not 3yr or 60,000 :superhero:

Ok, I guess then with 8/08 on my door jam I'm still in the game lol.

My VIN is 1ZVHT89S895122597. If someone could run an OASIS I would sure be grateful. Otherwise I'll give the dealer a visit Monday morning and then post back with my data-point.

Honestly my clutch feels great (~250 miles total) but it has not been subject to much heat. I need to be able to drive this car into the city so I would eventually encounter some stop and go traffic and likely develop the problem if I have the old flywheel.

Great website here with some serious experts. Thanks for the help.

Scott

Hey Grabber, great post!

I too have a build date of 08/08 on my door jamb. Have we pinned the date down yet? Pretty hard to tell if we will have issues w/ only 240 miles on it since delivery of 10/03. My question is: Will a supersnake conversion complicate this issue? Currently have CSM # 09SS0056. I didn't know we could order an Oasis report until the manuf. year run out. Guess I got some bad info.

KK

• 4 weeks later...
.initial2{font-weight:bold}

OASIS RESULT:

1ZVHT89S495132429

01/10/2009

11:52:23

FCXWS447

© Copyright 2002-2008 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

// for our friends in vrep var strVehDesc = "2009 MUSTANG"; function getVehDesc() { return strVehDesc; }btriangle.gif VEHICLE INFORMATION VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

2009 MUSTANG BODY STYLE

SHELBY CONVERTIBLEENGINE

5.4L DOHC 4V EFI SCTRANSMISSION

6 SPD TREMEC ASM T56AXLE CODE

CGENGINE CALIBRATION

9ZF2SC0Abtriangle.gif NO WARNING MESSAGES FOUND FOR THIS VIN btriangle.gif ARN MESSAGES btriangle.gif GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION WARRANTY START BUILD DATE

08/27/2008

btriangle.gif OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUNDbtriangle.gif EXTENDED COVERAGESNO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE btriangle.gif WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

Interesting, my build date is 8/25/08 but my VIN is newer than yours 132433. I guess I need to look for myself and see which flywheel I have.

I have an 09 and I'm trying to figure out if I have the new flywheel or not. I currently do not have access to a lift or even a jack at the moment. My door jam date is 8/08 so it will be really close. If someone could run an Oasis report for me it would much appreciated. If not I'll ask my dealer the next time I'm in the area. I should be able to do the visual inspection within the next couple of weeks so I can post my data point.

Here is my VIN # 1ZVHT88SX95129715

Thanks to all who have posted as this forum has been a big help.

I have an 09 and I'm trying to figure out if I have the new flywheel or not. I currently do not have access to a lift or even a jack at the moment. My door jam date is 8/08 so it will be really close. If someone could run an Oasis report for me it would much appreciated.

Here is my VIN # 1ZVHT88SX95129715

The little birdie checked it for you.

btriangle.gif GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION

BUILD DATE

08/15/2008

Edited by Grabber

The little birdie checked it for you.

btriangle.gif GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION

BUILD DATE

08/15/2008

Great thank you Grabber! Don't tell me I missed it by 4 days. :cry: I'll try and do the visual and let you know what I find. Anyone have luck with the visual without a jack or lift. I tried a mirror but I think I need a better flashlight. Those flashlights you shake really suck. Am I right in that 8-19-08 and on have the new flywheel? Thanks again.

Great thank you Grabber! Don't tell me I missed it by 4 days. :cry: I'll try and do the visual and let you know what I find. Anyone have luck with the visual without a jack or lift. I tried a mirror but I think I need a better flashlight. Those flashlights you shake really suck. Am I right in that 8-19-08 and on have the new flywheel? Thanks again.

All we have to go by is what the members report out. Please check your flywheel and let us know which one you have. We have no date from 8/13/08 to 8/18/08, so you migght be OK.

This is what we know so far:

Edit to ad info on the findings as of 1/6/09:

We now have 4 members reporting out.

Build date: 7/22/08 - Old style flywheel (nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/12/08 - Old style flywheel (sn 129368 nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/19/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

Build date: 8/27/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

Edited by Grabber

• 2 weeks later...
Grabber - have you looked into ScottB's build date? He claims he has the old flywheel?

It might be that my build date is too early to be relevant to the search for the Exact Date. Hope my request for a build-date wasn't impolite or something. Didn't mean to kill this thread so abruptly.

Scott

Edited by ScottB

All we have to go by is what the members report out. Please check your flywheel and let us know which one you have. We have no date from 8/13/08 to 8/18/08, so you migght be OK.

This is what we know so far:

Edit to ad info on the findings as of 1/6/09:

Build date: 8/19/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

Build date: 8/27/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

I checked and I have the old flywheel. Build date of 8-15-08. Can't believe I missed it by just a few days. :cry:

I'm sorry that you don't have the new style flywheel. :cry:

Thank you for reporting your findings. I have added your valuble info to the first post to help other members determine which flywheel is in their car.

Here's the latest edit that is in post number 1 on this thread:

Edit to ad info on the findings as of 2/23/09:

Build date: 8-15-08 - Old style flywheel (nodular iron with slots)

Ok, inspection shows that I have the old flywheel. My door-jam date is 8/08 and my VIN is 1ZHT89S895122597.

Ouch.

ScottB:

Here's ScottB's 17 digit VIN - found it on another post; it was missing the "V": 1ZVHT89S895122597

Edited by 6-Speed

• 3 weeks later...
Build date 8-14-08. Old style flywheel.

Thanks for the report out. It double confirms what we already knew.

We still need info on the flywheels that were installed from 8/16/08 to 8/18/08 to pin down the exact date.

We know that 8/19/08 builds have the new flywheel....but the 3 days prior to that date are still unknown.

So we are with in 3 days of knowing the exact date.

I have the problems like you have discussed and I am scheduled to take mine in on Tuesday. Mine is a 2007 and I have to fight to get it into first gear and out to second along with reverse. I made a copy of the TSB bulletin and everything else you said. I will see what they say this coming week.

Take a look at this thread and make sure you know it by heart so you can go in there with the power of knowing all the facts about the 2007's.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=36724&hl=

Grabber - I just crawled under my 2009. I have the new style flywheel. I have in my hand a copy of the "Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle" which is dated August 19, 2008 that I got when I purchased the car. I hope this isn't a dumb question but is this the Oasis report that you have been talking about for a build date of the vehicle? I contacted my salesman and asked him for the Oasis report on wednesday but he hasn't got back to me yet. I'll update if and when he gets back to me. otherwise I'll post my VIN #

Anyway, I hope this intel helps pin down the date a bit closer for everyone.

Isn't there anyone from the the niche line that could have provided some critical dates? I understand that they wouldn't know what you are calling the 'build date' but am wondering if anything was tagged differently (ie the bar code on any engine applied stickers) when they started bolting down the revised parts.

Tob

Grabber - I just crawled under my 2009. I have the new style flywheel. I have in my hand a copy of the "Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle" which is dated August 19, 2008 that I got when I purchased the car. I hope this isn't a dumb question but is this the Oasis report that you have been talking about for a build date of the vehicle? I contacted my salesman and asked him for the Oasis report on wednesday but he hasn't got back to me yet. I'll update if and when he gets back to me. otherwise I'll post my VIN #

Anyway, I hope this intel helps pin down the date a bit closer for everyone.

The build date on your SVT cert will be the same as the one on the OASIS report.