TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 - The Exact date the new flywheel started going in

Grabber

well thanks for the info , I just looked under my car and I have old styl flywheel my car date was aug 08

Please provide build date so we can document this. If you don't have the build date, provide the VIN number and someone will look it up.

• 1 month later...
Alan,

Your car can help us to pin the date down a little better.

Post up after you inspect.

I'm not gunna check until after I go to church on Sunday.

With a build date of 8-19-08 I'm right in the middle of :happy feet: and :banghead:

Your info will help us pin the exact date down even closer. I'm pullin for you Alan.

Edit to ad info on the findings as of 11/14/08:

We now have 3 members reporting out.

Build date: 7/22/08 - Old style flywheel (nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/12/08 - Old style flywheel (sn 129368 nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/27/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

Edited by Grabber

Right on Alan. :happy feet:

I just added your info to post number 1 for future members to review. Thanks bud.

Edit to ad info on the findings as of 1/6/09:

We now have 4 members reporting out.

Build date: 7/22/08 - Old style flywheel (nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/12/08 - Old style flywheel (sn 129368 nodular iron with slots)

Build date: 8/19/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)

Build date: 8/27/08 - New style flywheel (non slotted thicker 4100 series steel)[/b

Edited by Grabber

Its on the window sticker in the box under the bar code, The last 6 digits.

Hi. New guy with convertible. My window sticker has 07 24 08 under the bar code but the date on the door jam sticker is 8/08. Are we positive that the window sticker date is the build date? Thanks.

Scott

Hi. New guy with convertible. My window sticker has 07 24 08 under the bar code but the date on the door jam sticker is 8/08. Are we positive that the window sticker date is the build date? Thanks.

Scott

You can also get the build date from the Oasis report. Reread the first post. Grabber explains it all.

You can also get the build date from the Oasis report. Reread the first post. Grabber explains it all.

Thanks. Yes I carefully read the whole thread before I posted. Grabber does not mention the sticker date but refers to the date on the door jam, OASIS and performing a direct inspection.

I do plan to call the dealer and ask for the OASIS but was just wondering why the dates on my sticker and door jam were different months.

Thanks. Yes I carefully read the whole thread before I posted. Grabber does not mention the sticker date but refers to the date on the door jam, OASIS and performing a direct inspection.

I do plan to call the dealer and ask for the OASIS but was just wondering why the dates on my sticker and door jam were different months.

Not Sure, There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site, some will know. Let us know what the Oasis report says.

Not Sure, There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site, some will know. Let us know what the Oasis report says.

the date on the window sticker could be the date it was invoiced, the are invoiced before they are built

my window sticker has a 12-21 date built was built in Jan

Edited by frydguy79

The Month date on the door Jamb is accurate. OASIS will tell you the exact date.

That date is not the build date. You have to get an OASIS report pulled to get it.

Sorry Everyone, I SCREWED UP!,

When I bought the car I was told that the build date was 08/19/08 and then I just assumed that the matching date on the window sticker was the build date.

So I guess that my build date is not 08/19/08

Since my dealer is :beerchug: :party2: :peelout: in Vegas this weekend can someone with dealer connections run a OASIS report for me?

I attached a copy of my window sticker. 09_Window_Sticker.pdf

GRABBER,

I know I got the new style flywheel but I am not sure now on the build date.

As soon as I get the OASIS I will post it.

09_Window_Sticker.pdf

.initial2{font-weight:bold}

OASIS RESULT:

1ZVHT89S495132429

01/10/2009

11:52:23

FCXWS447

© Copyright 2002-2008 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

// for our friends in vrep var strVehDesc = "2009 MUSTANG"; function getVehDesc() { return strVehDesc; }btriangle.gif VEHICLE INFORMATION VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

2009 MUSTANG BODY STYLE

SHELBY CONVERTIBLEENGINE

5.4L DOHC 4V EFI SCTRANSMISSION

6 SPD TREMEC ASM T56AXLE CODE

CGENGINE CALIBRATION

9ZF2SC0Abtriangle.gif NO WARNING MESSAGES FOUND FOR THIS VIN btriangle.gif ARN MESSAGES btriangle.gif GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION WARRANTY START BUILD DATE

08/27/2008

btriangle.gif OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUNDbtriangle.gif EXTENDED COVERAGESNO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE btriangle.gif WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

Edited by frydguy79