TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Detailed Car / Clay Bar and Zaino

Big_Slick737

Well I have had my 2008 GT500 For almost a year now.. WOW how time fly's.. 11/15/2007

I Kept the car very clean but kept delaying doing the Clay Bar and Zaino, just because I was

enjoying the car way too much. :happy feet: Finally took the time to do a full detail on the car.

Wash, Claybar, Re-wash, 2 Coats of Zaino, and Zaino Gloss Enhancer. Then Detailed the Engine

and engine bay. Lexol wipes for Leather and the wipes for Plastic on the Interior.

I was extremely happy with the results: Here are a few pics. The pics dont do the results justice, it

was a cloudy outside when I took them. But you can still see how deep the paint looks in a few of them.

Plan on adding a couple more layers of Zaino before the winter hits here in Tx.

th_DSC00580.jpg

th_DSC00579.jpg

th_DSC00575.jpg

th_DSC00574.jpg

th_DSC00572.jpg

th_DSC00571.jpg

th_DSC00567.jpg

th_DSC00563.jpg

Looks good, if you don't mind me asking what did you use to detail the engine bay?

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal

I used it inside the engine bay, all the hoses and plastic. and also on all the plastic on the outside of the car: air splitter, rear defuser, skirts, side mirrors, and rubber seals for the windows.

post-3542-1225402477_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1225402532_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1225402477_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1225402532_thumb.jpg

Looks great! I have been thinking of using the Meguire's Clay bar kit. What made you chose the one you did?

My Wife has a 2001 Black Ford F-150 and she never polished or waxed it.. went and had one of those quick detail

places do her truck and it looked terrible. Always heard great things about Zaino. So we bought the kit. Did the

entire process on her truck Clay Bar and Polish. After we were done her paint looked fantastic. She said she would

have paid double the $$ she spent to get the kit if she knew it would turn out that good.

So after that experiment, I knew when I got my GT500 I would use the Zaino on it... only took me 11 months do get

around to doing it. :hysterical::hysterical: because I know it is long process and a chore.. but the results make

it worth it.

Could tell immediately when i was done and stood back what a difference it made when i was finished. I would recommend

it if you have the time and energy...

My Wife has a 2001 Black Ford F-150 and she never polished or waxed it.. went and had one of those quick detail

places do her truck and it looked terrible. Always heard great things about Zaino. So we bought the kit. Did the

entire process on her truck Clay Bar and Polish. After we were done her paint looked fantastic. She said she would

have paid double the $$ she spent to get the kit if she knew it would turn out that good.

So after that experiment, I knew when I got my GT500 I would use the Zaino on it... only took me 11 months do get

around to doing it. :hysterical::hysterical: because I know it is long process and a chore.. but the results make

it worth it.

Could tell immediately when i was done and stood back what a difference it made when i was finished. I would recommend

I have been wanting to do the clay bar thing. Heard about it. Now I see with your proof it is worth it. Will let you know how it works. I am going to use your suggestion on the engine bay and plastic. I've never had a car I cared about so much about enough to put forth the effort. Thanks

Great job! Looks like a whole weekend's worth of work. Easier than doing the 150 though, hey?

as a fellow perf white owner i must say that so many other owners are missing out on the most beautiful color!

-6th Gear

+1 and don't forget the fastest color too. :hysterical:

I've never had a car I cared about so much about enough to put forth the effort. Thanks

Yeah I tried it on my commuter car that I dont keep washed and cleaned cuz it sits outside most of the time. After i was done with it

i wanted it to be dirty again.. it was too clean and shiney that It showed all the chips in paint on the hood.. :hysterical::hysterical:

Great job! Looks like a whole weekend's worth of work. Easier than doing the 150 though, hey?

+1 and don't forget the fastest color too. :hysterical:

It was a job.... and much easier than doing the F-150. The clay bar process is pretty easy. I was concerned

about that part, but as long as you keep the paint wet when using it.. PIECE OF CAKE. Just dont rush it.

it worth it.

Thanks BigSlick737, You've sold me. If it brought back a black painted vehicle, that would seem like the hardest to do, especially a large truck. Sounds like you've gotten your upper-body workout for the year. ;) I have to admit that the 'orange peel' on my red GT500 is not that bad, I'm overall pretty impressed with the paint job Ford does, better than my '07 Acura RL's paint job, as far as durability goes anyway. Does the claying process take out all the 'orange peel', and what little spider webbing I have?

I became a Zaino believer after I did the same treatment on my Alloy 'vert in the summer. The best part is that the paint actually FEELS clean as well as looks good. The effort really wasn't that bad compared to doing the same with some kind of wax where you have to not only buff/polish, but then revisit every area to remove the stupid white residue. None of that with Zaino!

As for the interior and engine bay...I'll have to look into the Z-CS, but I have had others tell me about Total Look (?) Can't seem to find it though. As for the interior, I have always used Lexol...is that still a good product, or is the Zaino Leather-in-a-bottle better? Something else?

What "wipes" were used for the interior plastic pieces? I hate the Armor All shine, so let me know if it does that as well...

Thanks and great looking car!

I became a Zaino believer after I did the same treatment on my Alloy 'vert in the summer. The best part is that the paint actually FEELS clean as well as looks good. The effort really wasn't that bad compared to doing the same with some kind of wax where you have to not only buff/polish, but then revisit every area to remove the stupid white residue. None of that with Zaino!

As for the interior and engine bay...I'll have to look into the Z-CS, but I have had others tell me about Total Look (?) Can't seem to find it though. As for the interior, I have always used Lexol...is that still a good product, or is the Zaino Leather-in-a-bottle better? Something else?

What "wipes" were used for the interior plastic pieces? I hate the Armor All shine, so let me know if it does that as well...

The leather in a bottle smells good enough to drink. And it works.

Very nice detail job.

Your front bumper looks great too. I'm glad that worked out.

:)

Yeah finally got the dealership to just pay me to have it done at an independant body shop..

They gave in finally once I caught the Body Shop Mgr in a lie.. Tried to say that I had it painted

somewhere else and his people didnt screw it up.. LOL Luckily i took pics before and after every

attempt that were time and date stamped hehehe

Smarter than the average bear or body shop mgr in this case :hysterical:

Thanks BigSlick737, You've sold me. If it brought back a black painted vehicle, that would seem like the hardest to do, especially a large truck. Sounds like you've gotten your upper-body workout for the year. ;) I have to admit that the 'orange peel' on my red GT500 is not that bad, I'm overall pretty impressed with the paint job Ford does, better than my '07 Acura RL's paint job, as far as durability goes anyway. Does the claying process take out all the 'orange peel', and what little spider webbing I have?

They Have Z-6 i think that helps with swirl marks and fine scratches.. check it out.. it may help reduce the slight orange peel look too..

White was hard to do just because it needed to be in the right light to make sure you didnt miss a spot when putting the polish on it..

I used Lexol for plastic on the interior and the lexol for leather on the interior also.. they have wipes for both types of treatments

Just used the Z-CS for the outside of the car..

Lookin Good! I did the Zaino treatment today - took all all day to wash, spot treat with clay bar, and 2 coats of of polish - Z5 followed by Z2. For me the Z2 polish leaves greasy smears on some areas of my Vista Blue car and it takes quite of lot of Z6 detail spray and elbow grease to feather out the smears to where it looks good. But the Zaino polish leaves a fantiastic finish that lasts a good long time - very durable stuff.

Been using Zaino's on my '07 Coupe from the get-go... very happy with it. Usually takes most a day to get it all done and be happy with it.

keith

Archived