TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very common Le mans stripes!

sudden

Has anyone out there ever noticed how may cars have the Shelby Le Manns stripes? I saw a Neon ( pee-on ) with them on. Seems like even dodge trucks have them on. Not to mention all the Mustang 6 cyl. cars. SUDDEN.

Has anyone out there ever noticed how may cars have the Shelby Le Manns stripes? I saw a Neon ( pee-on ) with them on. Seems like even dodge trucks have them on. Not to mention all the Mustang 6 cyl. cars. SUDDEN.

I wouldn't worry about it any...you know what they say, "Immitation is the best form of flattery!"

Dodge has been putting LeMans stripes on cars and trucks ever since the Viper 1st appeared. I remember (back in the day) remarking to a friend how Dodge was really cashing in on their asossiation with Shelby. So this is nothing new...

Its not the stripes that make the car!

Dodge has been putting LeMans stripes on cars and trucks ever since the Viper 1st appeared. I remember (back in the day) remarking to a friend how Dodge was really cashing in on their asossiation with Shelby. So this is nothing new...

SO TRUE.

Maybe I'm elitist, but I think if you and your Shelby are sitting next to, say, a Neon with Le Mans stripes, it's going to be pretty plain which one is for real.

I'm sure the poor Neon driver would be wishing he didn't have any stripes for a bit there.

Pick-em-up trucks with stripes are different. Those guys seem to think they are for real. Not too many observers think the same way, but the drivers do. I wonder if they are ever puzzled why they don't see very many pickups running Le Mans.

Those rear wings must create a huge downforce for them as they approach those 150MPH speeds. :hysterical:

Gotta love it when some donkey puts a gigantic rear wing on a front wheel drive car like all the honda's running around my area. :shrug:

Lemans stripes have been around since the 60's. But...I think Shelby made them famous, and his cars look the best with them. Everyone else is a copy!!

This is the biggest reason I did not mind the verts not having the stripes.... and never will... I hate the cheapness the stripes now represent..... it goes a long ways away from meaning Shelby in anyones book...

Can you tell us how you really feel about the stripes? :hysterical: I love your car but I also love the Shelby stripes too. They just look menacing.

True, but I wouldn't mind owning a Viper. American sports cars rock! Including the Vette.

Better'n a Nissan IMO.

Dan

driversside002.jpg

We had drop off my wife's Grand Am for a flat fix and tire rotation recently. I used this as an opportunity to drive my SGT as her way home. :happy feet: I was in my SGT behind an 06 six banger red Mustang rag top with black LeMans stripes on it at the intersection where the tire shop was. I could see he was eyeing me up in his mirrors.

We both turned in to the tire shop. He parked first and got out. I pulled in two stalls away and all of the kids that work there came out to see my car, leaving him standing there. He wouldn't acknowledge me or even glance at my car his nose was so high in the air. :nonono:

Stripes don't make a Shelby. I think even he would have to admit that.

We had drop off my wife's Grand Am for a flat fix and tire rotation recently. I used this as an opportunity to drive my SGT as her way home. :happy feet: I was in my SGT behind an 06 six banger Mustang rag top with a black LeMans stripes on it at the intersection where the tire shop was. I could see he was eyeing me up in his mirrors.

We both turned in to the tire shop. He parked first and got out. I pulled in two stalls away and all of the kids that work there came out to see my car, leaving him standing there. He wouldn't acknowledge me or even glance at my car his nose was so high in the air. :nonono:

Stripes don't make a Shelby. I think even he would have to admit that.

poor guy. he probably felt only 2 inches tall .............................................................. hehe :spiteful:

Archived