TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I sold my loved one.

Matts

After two months a procrastinating and thinking, I decided to put my beloved 2007 Saleen S281 3V Mustang up for sale for $33,000 a week ago. After a 3 day wait I got a phone call from a guy interested in buying it. When the doorbell rang I ran to answer it and it was my father of all people lol... Anyways reasons onto the point of my post in the 'On topic Shelby forum.'

The main reason why I've decided to sell my Saleen, is that I want a Shelby so badly I can taste it.

I'm trying to build up the courage to buy a 2007 Shelby GT or a Shelby GT 500. I mean both vehicles are brilliant in their own ways, but I just need some guidance since this car will be my DD.

Let's just say the pros and cons of each vehicle.

My post came off a little harsh after reading it. I meant no harm or foul, I seriously can't decide on what I want. I mean I wish I could afford both, but I can't so I just want a little input or personal experiences with the owners. Anyways I just wanted to apologise if that came off a little harsh.

Whew - i thought you had sold your beloved mate!

Depends on your budget. The GT500 will mean higher daily costs - it's just too easy to spool it up merging into traffic. It's well behaved whether cruising, or stuck in rush hour.

It does run hot, though, and the TSB regarding the clutch is concerning (so far, mine is running smoothly).

Coupe or vert? I'm a wind-in-your-face kinda guy ... but if you're more into performance driving, the coupe is for you.

I love to drive it every chance i get - good luck with your choice.

Well I have a 2005 Mustang as a DD, but I am trading it in as soon as I decide on a car I want. lol. It's so hard to decide because both are beautiful and both are in my price range. I also road race in Cresson, Texas... a lot.

As for cobra2go's comment, there were times where I wish I could. lol women... :hysterical:

I'll agree on the DD. Get the automatic for that. If you are getting a manual, go for the GT500.

I'm spoiled rotten by my GT500. I'd have to recommend that. I'm delighted with my particular list of mods that I did over a period of a year, but there was never a time I was dissatisfied with the car, or thinking, "maybe I should have..."

I alread know what my next car will be. A Terlingua S/C.

I think it will boil down to what you really want 4spd or auto for a daily drive. Both cars can be modded fot handling & h.p . Test drive both & remember your in the drivers seat to make a deal as prices have come down. GOOD LUCK

I use my SGT as a DD and I have no complaints...The SGT comes with a great suspension set up-not as much power as the GT500 but plenty enough for a DD. Now you can buy new 07/08 SGT for a fairly low price and then add a SC but remember these aluminum blocks are limited as to how much you can push the SC compared to a GT500. Those iron blocks of the GT500 can handle a whole lot more.

Also the SGT are limited in #s....and hurry up and get which ever one and get it signed by the man himself, it goes to a great charity for children and you'll have a part of history with his signature.....

I can't offer much insight. I love my GT500's. I will say this, when the GT350's are announced, I'll be there, first in line, ordering mine. The Supercharged SGT is a beast and will run circles around stock GT500's. Some mods fix that pretty fast though. It's going to come down to which do you want out of the factory. Raw HP and the ability to easily add cheap HP or ability to corner.

My wife Dale has a 2008 SGT as her DD. She loves it. It is an automatic, depending on your commute, that may be a must.

Putting 4 Michelin X-Ice on next week, have a concrete roof paver in the trunk to help with

any loss of traction in the rear....2' x 2' x 2"....95 pounds.

We are good to go. Also putting the lower grill in to avoid anything getting through the

opening and doing damage......much more likely as a DD.

My 07 SGT automatic is like a DD on weekends. After owning numerous manual cars and trucks, I like my automatic in the freeway and Saturday traffic. No more left foot cramps. Imay not be able to light em up at a stop light but the automatic still offers plenty of "Holy :censored: " when you romp on it.

Its funny, Im thinking of selling my Saleen Cobra so I can get a Shelby GT. I already have the 500. I wont be using mine for DD, Im looking for a track car. My 500 is great to drive on the streets and highway is a breeze. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Depends on how much power you want. I know, I not help :hysterical:

If your going with an auto, have you considered getting a GT-H? Something unique that only comes in autos.

I love the Hertz Mustang, but I have never driven an auto before. ha ha... Seriously... How does she fair on the performance aspects?

I love the Hertz Mustang, but I have never driven an auto before. ha ha... Seriously... How does she fair on the performance aspects?

The same as an SGT. It's more rare and probably more collectible. I wouldn't want one as a DD, for that very reason.

Ken

If not the GT500, then definitely a GT-H, simply for the limited edition aspects. I rented one for a week earlier this year and loved every minute of driving it. Though it was a Vert and I'm used to the relative quiet in my GT500 coupe.

I believe it has many of the same suspension components as the Shelby GTs and possilby very similar engines... though I'm not an expert.

If not going with a GT-H, then look at the Barrett-Jackson editions or even the GT-C editions, again both very limited.

I sold my Saleen and got an SGT with an Automatic for my D.D. Dont worry the Saleen is not with steve these days and is run by a profit group. The Shelby is run by the MAN, C.S. I had a stick in my Saleen and loved it execpt in traffic. With the 355 Axle swap done by SAI., the Auto. is a blast to drive with the 5 sp. electronic auto. You will not be dissappointed, just hurry the SGTs are going fast, not may left to choose from. SUDDEN.

My post came off a little harsh after reading it. I meant no harm or foul, I seriously can't decide on what I want. I mean I wish I could afford both, but I can't so I just want a little input or personal experiences with the owners. Anyways I just wanted to apologise if that came off a little harsh.

I have thought about this a lot myself. If I were to choose a Shelby GT, it would be the Hertz Model. If I were to choose a GT 500, I would have a delima on my hands because I like the Classic White with Blue Stripes but I also like the Loud Grabber Orange and now I heard there will be a Grabber Blue. But it doesn't really matter for me because by the time I can afford one at todays Prices, the Price will have doubled.

David.

If not the GT500, then definitely a GT-H, simply for the limited edition aspects. I rented one for a week earlier this year and loved every minute of driving it. Though it was a Vert and I'm used to the relative quiet in my GT500 coupe.

I believe it has many of the same suspension components as the Shelby GTs and possilby very similar engines... though I'm not an expert.

If not going with a GT-H, then look at the Barrett-Jackson editions or even the GT-C editions, again both very limited.

Yes. 07 SGT-California. 1 of 200 and a blast to drive... Or the BJ

Well guys this coming Saturday I'm driving to Arlington, Texas to go speak with a sells rep at Don Davis about a White SGT!

Well..................it's Saturday, any news on the white SGT? Hope everything works out and you get your new DD.

Ok guys update on the Shelby Mustang. Spoke with the sales rep at Don Davis and we got to talking about the car, sure enough it was a questionnaire to see how much I knew about the car and if I was "qualified" to test drive and not some cheap punk in for a joy ride. As we were leaving I was telling myself, "Please god don't let me stall out."

So as I stepped on the gas I realised how much of a positive difference there was between a Shelby GT and A Saleen Mustang. The clutch felt incredible, the throttle response was more than I have hoped for,it just different and better then the Saleen Mustang I had.

So as I was about to turn left onto Cooper Street a car pulled along side of me with two beautiful girls. The sales rep turned to me and said, " Let her rip!" My first reaction was WTF!?, then my immediate response was to floor it, but my actual outcome was a stall out. <_< . As the girls were driving away laughing I could feel my self esteem drop.

Well as we drove back into the lot, I could feel him wanting to say something, but I couldn't bare the thought of what he might say. All I could come up with was, "let's put our elbows on the table."

After an hour of dealing back and forth I finally got him down to 33,500 and that is with taxes included. Though I couldn't finish the paper work because I am still needing, bare I say, my mother co-sign for me and take owner of the 2005 V6 mustang as the trade-in. Considering she is on the loan and as to be there to complete the deal. Anyways next Saturday I will know the truth about my future Shelby and I can not wait another minute. :)

Anyways I appreciate your guys help into finding the right car

I'm counting down the days, but I just have a few quick question.

Should I be worried about vandals?

What should I do to prevent anything from happening?

Should I buy a car cover or a proximity car alarm device?

Has anyone had these kind of act of vandalism before?

Anyways follow up to any other questions towards me.

I am 21 years old. I have never pissed anyone off in person or on the highway. I park where it is populated to avoid burglary or theft, but with one curb on either side to try to avoid door dings. I do have insurance with coverage. I can't think of anything else.

I'm counting down the days, but I just have a few quick question.

Should I be worried about vandals?

What should I do to prevent anything from happening?

Should I buy a car cover or a proximity car alarm device?

Has anyone had these kind of act of vandalism before?

Anyways follow up to any other questions towards me.

I am 21 years old. I have never pissed anyone off in person or on the highway. I park where it is populated to avoid burglary or theft, but with one curb on either side to try to avoid door dings. I do have insurance with coverage. I can't think of anything else.

I wouldn't be too worried, i use my SGT as a DD and in all honesty only people who knows cars know about Shelby vehicles and even at that many people out there thinks that our SGT is a "fake" Shelby so they'll just pass by it thinking it is another GT with lowered suspension and decals, the real worriers ought to be the folks with the GT500 because alot of people know that once they see their fender snakes there is something special about that car. I opted to not install a car alarm for the it comes with a factory alarm which even has a sensor inside above the rear view mirror the alarm only goes off if the door or the hood is open or if a window gets broken. Spend the money on mods,like the lower grille first to protect the radiator from rocks and bugs and also get it signed by Carroll.... I have about 6500 miles with a almost a year of ownership so just enjoy it drive it and remember our SGTs are limited....make sure you get a poster also there is a person selling them in the Shelby GT forums. Good luck and remember we like pics!!!!

Archived