TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can I go back?

Sure, you can go back. The Ford blend is a multi-synthetic, and what is left behind inside the engine after the drain point will be okay. It will take a few drains to get all of the Mobil 1 out, but you will.

Just curious...Why do you want to go back?

I am and long have been happy with Mobil 1. I echo Lulu, why change?

Jim

Well, the thing is that I have finally got to know a good tech at a Ford dealer which he joined my local mustang club and that dealer is a sponsor of our mustang club and are giving us great discounts on parts and so forth. The reason for the "maybe change is that it will save me a few bucks and it supports our local dealer and the more I use them the better the relationship and hey its keeps Ford alive especially it today's hard economy. As of right now I think since I have used Mobil 1 this far I will keep on using it, I don't like the idea of using a full syn. and go down to a synthetic "Blend". Thank you all for you input. By the way I have just started my replacement for the scoop with these guys we'll see how it goes....

Ford has a FULL synthetic Motorcraft oil that I have been using in my SGT along with the Ford Racing oil filter. I use Mobil I in my Viper and Prowler. The Motorcraft Full Synthetic seems to be just as good. It's probably made by them anyway. Who knows?

What is the main difference between the regular oil filter compared to the Ford Racing one? When I purchased my car it had the regular oil filter so I just continued to use a regular filter.

Archived