TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Police Story

burnedgt500

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk deep in a pile of paper work when my receptionist called me and said I had a visitor. I asked her if she knew who it was she told me it was the Police. Oh Sh*t was my thoughts while walking down to see what they wanted. Then I was thinking what have I done wrong now. Am I being served? What Has one of my employee's done now? Or has one of my family members been in a accident?

I walk up to to the Police officer and she asked me if that was my Mustang and I said yes ma'am it is. Then she says "Can I please look at it" And ofcouse I said yes you may that it would be my pleasure to show it to you.

So now the relief of knowing no crime had been comitted we walked out and started talking about Shelby's and how much she really wants one. She loved everything about mine even the color was what she wanted.(Grabber Orange) she own an 2003 Cobra. During our convertsation she got a couple of calls on her radio and I thought it was work related but come to find out it was other Officers calling her to see if I let her look at it and if they could come over and see it also.

The next thing I knew I had 3 patrol cars parked around my Shelby looking at it. Then out of the blue the next thing I knew here come another Squad car it was there Captain. I made the comment you guys are in trouble now. They all laughed and said that he was the one most excited about seeing my car. So Now I have 4 squad cars around my Shelby 5 officers and I know everyone at work is dying to know what I did wrong.

But it was all about the Shelby. They was all very nice and all very much Mustage Lovers.

I told them that if they ever see anyone driving this car around and it wasn't me to pull them over because someone just stole it. they all laughed and said they would. So now at least around work I have a little extra protection on my car.

So lets all keep enjoying our cars I know that I have already enjoyed mine enough to keep the memories in my head the rest of my life. But that should not be an issue because I will keep My Shelby at least that long if not longer. I have told my wife Just to plan on when I die just to use it for my colfin.

:shift: just keep on :shift: driving.

Great story, burnedgt500! Brought back memories too ;)

I sure hope someone at Ford is listening, because this car wasn;t created with a lot of market research and analysis. It was created at the behest of a car guys and gals with talented engineers. It leads the segment -- hell, it defines the segment!

Now if Ford can come to believe in themselves enough to do the same, one at a time, in every segment they choose to serve!

:shift:

Great story, burnedgt500! Brought back memories too ;)

I sure hope someone at Ford is listening, because this car wasn;t created with a lot of market research and analysis. It was created at the behest of a car guys and gals with talented engineers. It leads the segment -- hell, it defines the segment!

Now if Ford can come to believe in themselves enough to do the same, one at a time, in every segment they choose to serve!

:shift:

+1

DLW

Archived