TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber's GT500 Coupe is in the ORDER Bank

Grabber

I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. My order has made some more progress. I am no longer "Sub to Plant". I am "scheduled" for a Jan. 17th build date. That's a Wed. They also now have an ETA for when my car will be at the dealership. They said the ETA is Jan. 29th - Feb. 5th. 2007. :happy feet:

My status stayed the same since 12/14, so it was nice to move up another step today.

So far I have ordered:

1. Corsa's

2. Mirror covers. (For Tana too)

3. Seq. Tail lights. (For Tana too)

4. Hood struts. (For Tana too)

5. Ford car cover.

Total: $1699 in under 24 hours. :finger:

PSDS is expensive to treat. :baby:

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need more ideas? :spiteful:

I think I am good for a while now. If I need a quick fix, I am thinking about ordering Tanabanana and myself a couple shorty antenna's. Back to work in the morning to try to pay for this little problem of mine. :ohsnap:

I think I am good for a while now. If I need a quick fix, I am thinking about ordering Tanabanana and myself a couple shorty antenna's. Back to work in the morning to try to pay for this little problem of mine. :ohsnap:

Every time I see that name Tanabanana, I think of two things.

1) The Royal Tanenbaums...a terrible movie with Gene Hackman

2) The Barry Manilow song (RUF's favorite)...the Copacabananananana

:finger:

Today my dealer faxed me the electronic print out that he received. It showes my build date to be Jan. 15th to Jan. 17th and ETA of Jan. 29th. These dates are a couple days sooner than what Customer service has been telling me.

Another month to wait :baby:

Today my dealer faxed me the electronic print out that he received. It showes my build date to be Jan. 15th to Jan. 17th and ETA of Jan. 29th. These dates are a couple days sooner than what Customer service has been telling me.

Another month to wait :baby:

If your car is built on the 15th it will be nearly a miracle if you see it on the 29th. Striping alone is taking 11 days according to Ralph. Shipping will take about 7 days minimum. Then there's the "black hole" time that no one can estimate.

I'd start adjusting my expectations now....start thinking mid to late February so as not to set yourself up for bad news.

Dave

If your car is built on the 15th it will be nearly a miracle if you see it on the 29th. Striping alone is taking 11 days according to Ralph. Shipping will take about 7 days minimum. Then there's the "black hole" time that no one can estimate.

I'd start adjusting my expectations now....start thinking mid to late February so as not to set yourself up for bad news.

Dave

Edit: 2 more months to wait. :cry:

Hang in there Rob...didn't mean to depress you....just didn't want you to go through a major breakdown come the end of January. I'm rooting for you dude!

Dave

I can see now that I am going to have to buy more than a shorty antenna and some chrome nuts to keep me sane. :doh:

I have heard that polishing the chrome nuts does help. :hysterical:

I can see now that I am going to have to buy more than a shorty antenna and some chrome nuts to keep me sane. :doh:

I have heard that polishing the chrome nuts does help. :hysterical:

Have faith, Rob. Some people seem to have taken delivery much quicker than others. You might be one of 'em that avoids the unexplained delays. (?) Me on the other hand.... :baby:

Have faith, Rob. Some people seem to have taken delivery much quicker than others. You might be one of 'em that avoids the unexplained delays. (?) Me on the other hand.... :baby:

My baby is expected to be born in about 2 weeks. :happy feet:

Gotta think up a name for my plate. I am going to need some help.

post-6920-1167498058_thumb.jpg

Congrats Grabber

I ordered mine on July 12, and the Car came in on September 21. I agree with you on the ADM's, I have only seen 4 of these Cars on the Road in the 3 months that I have owned mine. All the local Dealers down here in So California, to this day are still getting 20,000 +. Your delivery Date seems to be very long, hang in there it will be well worth the wait as this Car is one of it's own. I cant exspress enough on how much I enjoy this Car.

Good luck to you on your delivery

Jay :shift:

Congrats Grabber

I ordered mine on July 12, and the Car came in on September 21. I agree with you on the ADM's, I have only seen 4 of these Cars on the Road in the 3 months that I have owned mine. All the local Dealers down here in So California, to this day are still getting 20,000 +. Your delivery Date seems to be very long, hang in there it will be well worth the wait as this Car is one of it's own. I cant exspress enough on how much I enjoy this Car.

Good luck to you on your delivery

Jay :shift:

Thanks Jay.

The Color of your car is rare. I have not seen many photos of that one. I like it. :happy feet:

Have you a thread somewhere that has more photos ?

Things seem to be on track for my order. The Reg. Zone Rep sent me this E-mail just now:

Subject: RE: ETA status on Shelby GT500

Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:10:11 +0000

As of today, I show your Shelby will arrive at St Helen's Auto Center the week of 1/29. Keep in mind that date could change, if the plant gets backed up or anything........but that is the estimated date as of now. :)

Mrs. Zone Rep.

Zone Manager

Ford Lincoln Mercury Sales Operations

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

My order is safe and sound being ignored in Ford's computer system. :cry: It's not Q2, 2007, so I'm not panicking...yet.

So is it your plan to sit and wait untill April fools day to ask any questions ?

So is it your plan to sit and wait untill April fools day to ask any questions ?

I make my periodic calls to Ford Customer Service, my dealer and Ralph. There's not much else I can do about it. My dealer is about last in line on the priority list, so my car will be one of the last 07's built, and we are only 7 months into a 12-month built year. As Ralph told me, hurry up and wait.

And, since my regional director sent a letter stating I will get a Q2, 2007 build date, I guess I will be waiting until April 1 before I start asking questions.

:ohsnap:

Rob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your GT500 is built the week of 1/15, then you'll get your car in mid February - my best guess would be the week of 2/19. The Ford order system may show you the week of 2/5, but that is just a standard approximate calculation based on a normal car order. The GT500, however, has to go across the street to Woodhaven for stripes which adds about 2 more weeks to the process. The Ford order system somehow does not catch this. All three of the GT500's we've already received worked out this way, and #4 has already been built, shows an ETA of 1/02 (this week) per the Ford order system, but it's still in Woodhaven awaiting stripes then shipment to us, as well.

Sorry, my friend! Big party at your place after Valentine's Day, though!

Archived