TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoas for a GT-H

42ITUS

Hey All,

My wife bought me Alcoas for my birthday!!!!

I need help with tire sizes for a staggered set of 20" Alcoas. I see the recommended 265/35/20s for the front and 285/35/20 for the rear. I've seen this topic covered in the GT500 forum but wondering if it's different for a GT-H? I'm having a hard time finding 285-35-20s. You think a set of 30 profile tires would work? I don't want the sidewall too short but not too familiar.

Any advice will help a lot!

Hey, I have the Alcoas on my car and I am running 255/35/20 and 275/35/20 in the rear. The reason I haven't gone wider in the rear is because of my lowered suspension and the worry of rubbing. Its a great fit IMO. Here is a pic:

100_0360-1.jpg

Hey All,

My wife bought me Alcoas for my birthday!!!!

I need help with tire sizes for a staggered set of 20" Alcoas. I see the recommended 265/35/20s for the front and 285/35/20 for the rear. I've seen this topic covered in the GT500 forum but wondering if it's different for a GT-H? I'm having a hard time finding 285-35-20s. You think a set of 30 profile tires would work? I don't want the sidewall too short but not too familiar.

Any advice will help a lot!

Unless you have an adjustable Panhard bar, the 285's will most likely rub on an H car with the stock lowered suspension. My 275/35/20's just touch in a rough enough bump. I'm going to be going to an adjustable panhard bar here soon to get the rear end lined up better. I agree on the 255/35/20, 275/35/20 combination. I like it. I have the BFG G-Force KDW's on mine and like them. They worked pretty well in excess of 150 mph. I don't think that I've seen an H car with the 20" Alcoa's yet. Congrats! I can't wait to see it. :happy feet:

Archived