TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Model News

KingCobra

Just got off of the phone with SVT and the guy I spoke with told me that the orders should start around Febuary-March. Production is scheduled? for June 6 for approimately 10 thousand cars maybe less, and production will last from 2-3 model years. Delivery to the dealerships could be as early as the second to third week of July, but could be as late as September depending on that June 6 start date for production. There is no formal answer to the final output, could be more. If there is a consistent hp above 475 on the dyno they may or may not revise the documented hp. The rear deck lid will be left as is (they know general preference is the concept model, but it was cost prohibitive). There will be no wheel options, black stripes could possibly be added in subsequent model years, but not '07, and he was unsure of the interior package on whether or not the upgraded armrests were leather stitched (just states upgraded door armrest), but said the concept had leather stitched armrests. Where as the engines have always had a signed and number stamped plaque, they will be numbered, but they will not yet confirm that it will be signed. The brake calipers will most likely be painted red or black, but this is not confirmed. Alloy is a slightly lighter shade than Satin Silver. Valencia Yellow will be a bold, bright yellow. The floor mats will most likely be plain, no SVT or SHELBY badging.

Hope this helps.

KingCobra.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got off of the phone with SVT and the guy I spoke with told me that the orders should start around Febuary-March. Production is scheduled? for June 6 for approimately 10 thousand cars maybe less, and production will last from 2-3 model years. Delivery to the dealerships could be as early as the second to third week of July, but could be as late as September depending on that June 6 start date for production. There is no formal answer to the final output, could be more. If there is a consistent hp above 475 on the dyno they may or may not revise the documented hp. The rear deck lid will be left as is (they know general preference is the concept model, but it was cost prohibitive). There will be no wheel options, black stripes could possibly be added in subsequent model years, but not '07, and he was unsure of the interior package on whether or not the upgraded armrests were leather stitched (just states upgraded door armrest), but said the concept had leather stitched armrests. Where as the engines have always had a signed and number stamped plaque, they will be numbered, but they will not yet confirm that it will be signed. The brake calipers will most likely be painted red or black, but this is not confirmed. Alloy is a slightly lighter shade than Satin Silver. Valencia Yellow will be a bold, bright yellow. The floor mats will most likely be plain, no SVT or SHELBY badging.

Hope this helps.

KingCobra.

Thanks for the Good info, but how did he optain his information? any chance that we can get a photo of the memo or a scanned copy?

My guesstimate......

85% of all of the customers that would be serious potential buyers are already aware of this car and have already been in contact with a dealer.

Of those that dob't get an '07, I would assume 50% at best will wait for '08, etc.

It's a limited market on the most expensive SVT ever produced.

Although the interest is high on the car, even from these sights (which are about as interested as they come) I would be surprised if it turns out that more than say 40% of the subscribers posting will actually in the end purchase one for one reason or another.

Wait till the end of '07, and I bet nobody is charging more than MSRP, and there will still be '07s to be had.

KingCobra.

I went to the NAIAS today, Tuesday, By the way, the shuttle back from Cobo to Windsor Sucks. We were tha first ones waiting for the 3:00 bus at 2:15. Guess what? It decided to stop about 200ft behind us where the newbies were waiting. Couldn't get on. Driver of that Bus assured us that there'd be another in 5 minutes. 45 minutes later, in the rain, it showed. We were amongst the last to get on it! Got to Windsor at 4:15pm.

Anyhow, I got across the border and back with only my driver's license as an ID. Not a good idea. I forgot my Birth Certificate. For once the American Border Guard was cool and respectful, even friendly.

The Canadian Customs Guy, on the way back, almost Shit himself when I showed him my driver's licence as ID. He asked "how the hell" I got across into the States with only it as an ID and scolded me for not having a Birth Certificate or Passport. I said the American Guard, woman, had a thing for me. I said that he should let the Americans" worry about that" part. He gave me the Evil Eye. I should have held my tonge, but after waiting so long in the cold and wet, I was in a worse mood than he was.

Crazy, before 9/11 you could show your YMCA Card and that was good enough to get acrpss. It's not like I stand out in a crowd. I work with a group of West and East Indians and they call me the "Whitest Man in the World". How much more Canadian can you get!!

Anyhow, STV Guy said that Canadian Orders would be Filled Starting in September. Just in time to put her under the sheets for winter....., unless you live in Kelowna!

Production is slated for 7k to 14k. Depends on 'standard' Mustang Fills.

Production will Definitely run for 2 Years. Maybe a Short Run into a 3rd year.

You mention standard mustang fills, I am curious what the presence of the shelby will do to the other mustangs sales. I for one backed out of a deal on a mustang GT to wait for the shelby, I wonder how many others will do the same thing? Curious what effect this will have on build numbers the next couple of years.

Very good info, King Cobra. Thanks for sharing.

Pity that some nice minor gimmicks like Shelby badging on floor mats and the concept rear deck did not came through. Anyway I think Ford will let the aftermarket worry about that. It's all about costs. Major thing is that the big motor is in there and that's were most people will get their kicks out.

If these production numbers hold for 2-3 model years, I think everyone who wants one will be able to get one. I'd love an '07 but an '08 can't be that bad. Patience, patience ;)

Hope this helps.

KingCobra.

....It's a limited market on the most expensive SVT ever produced....

2000 SVT Cobra R MSRP was $54,995, FYI, making it the most expensive SVT Mustang ever produced. Many early ones went for $70K+, with the last of them selling for "just" MSRP. And let's not forget that the 2005-6 Ford GT is an SVT product, so it is truly the most expensive SVT ever produced at $140K-$165K MSRP depending on equipment.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 01:10 PM) 2575[/snapback]

2000 SVT Cobra R MSRP was $54,995, FYI, making it the most expensive SVT Mustang ever produced. Many early ones went for $70K+, with the last of them selling for "just" MSRP. And let's not forget that the 2005-6 Ford GT is an SVT product, so it is truly the most expensive SVT ever produced at $140K-$165K MSRP depending on equipment.

Hey Five Oh B?

have you heard anything on production numbers as reported by King Cobra?

ColdwaterHotrod, haven't heard final projected #'s yet. I have our Ford Rep working on getting those #'s, as well as our allocation of GT500's, but he says it may be March before final numbers are out to dealers.

On a side note, take any production #'s with a grain of salt. Cases in point...

• 1999 35th Anniversary GT, planned 6000, built 4628.
  • 2000 Spring Feature GT, planned 6000, built 3901.
  • 2001 Bullitt GT, planned 6500, built 5582.
  • 2003 Mach 1, planned 6500, built 9652
  • 2004 Mach 1, not originally planned at all, 7182 built.

With 2-3 years of GT500 production "planned," my guess is that Ford will build as many as they think they have demand for. With many customers likely putting in orders at multiple dealers (you know who you are), Ford may actually get more orders than customers getting a false demand signal and build too many GT500's for the market just as they did with Mach 1's and Cobras in 2003-4.

Five Oh B, those are cool numbers to look at. Thanks for posting them! My take on them is that Ford built what they thought they'd sell for each model year. I wonder if there's anyone that just had to have a 2001 Bullitt GT but didn't get one because they only made 5,582 of them? I would guess not but hell, who knows!

ha, of course, maybe I'm over-optimistic thinking that patience will bring me the car I've hallucinated about for 30 yrs!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 12:36 PM) 2581[/snapback]

ColdwaterHotrod, haven't heard final projected #'s yet. I have our Ford Rep working on getting those #'s, as well as our allocation of GT500's, but he says it may be March before final numbers are out to dealers.

On a side note, take any production #'s with a grain of salt. Cases in point...

•  
  • 1999 35th Anniversary GT, planned 6000, built 4628.

• 2000 Spring Feature GT, planned 6000, built 3901.

• 2001 Bullitt GT, planned 6500, built 5582.

• 2003 Mach 1, planned 6500, built 9652

• 2004 Mach 1, not originally planned at all, 7182 built.

With 2-3 years of GT500 production "planned," my guess is that Ford will build as many as they think they have demand for. With many customers likely putting in orders at multiple dealers (you know who you are), Ford may actually get more orders than customers getting a false demand signal and build too many GT500's for the market just as they did with Mach 1's and Cobras in 2003-4.

Just got off of the phone with SVT and the guy I spoke with told me that the orders should start around Febuary-March. Production is scheduled? for June 6 for approimately 10 thousand cars maybe less, and production will last from 2-3 model years. Delivery to the dealerships could be as early as the second to third week of July, but could be as late as September depending on that June 6 start date for production.

Hope this helps.

KingCobra.

That is what I like to hear! I would love to have part of the summer to get part of what I want done on this car and still drive it before it starts getting cold.

B)

I'm brand new to this site.......I've been finding a few mustang forums on the net lately and I think it's great the amount of communication between owners. I don't know how often I'll get to check in on here although sometimes it will be daily......sometimes weekly but if I can help with anything regarding information that is okay to discuss on message boards I'm happy to do so.

I work in Flat Rock.......I build the cars and I also work in reprocessing and heavy repair so I'm exposed to both seeing what it going on production wise and do alot of wrenching on them. I relocated from missouri to build the mustang and am especially proud to be allowed to be a part of the shelby build. By the way, I'm 8th on the list at a dealership in st. louis myself so am just as interested as many of you on availability........

In closing, early build units will start coming through next week and a "training" model has been at the end of one production line (a green one) here lately. It's all coming together!!

In closing, early build units will start coming through next week and a "training" model has been at the end of one production line (a green one) here lately. It's all coming together!!

Are those early build units the VIP & exec cars that are for durability and driveability testing?

I'm brand new to this site.......I've been finding a few mustang forums on the net lately and I think it's great the amount of communication between owners. I don't know how often I'll get to check in on here although sometimes it will be daily......sometimes weekly but if I can help with anything regarding information that is okay to discuss on message boards I'm happy to do so.

I work in Flat Rock.......I build the cars and I also work in reprocessing and heavy repair so I'm exposed to both seeing what it going on production wise and do alot of wrenching on them. I relocated from missouri to build the mustang and am especially proud to be allowed to be a part of the shelby build. By the way, I'm 8th on the list at a dealership in st. louis myself so am just as interested as many of you on availability........

Great to have you on board!!!

Have you been restricted with the information flowing in regards to the GT500???

TOP SECRET. SHHHHH!!!

KingCobra.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 19 2006, 10:10 AM) 2575[/snapback]

Hey Five Oh B,

I stand corrected!!!

And of course I meant the most expensive SVT Mustang, but wasn't thinking about the Ford GT40.

Which now is not even the most expensive SVT, with the first production model GT500 on Barrett-Jackson going for $600 000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to and welcome any info you could share with us. We're as anxious as you are to get this car. It's really cool that you are a part of building this car. great to have you aboard.

B) B) B)

Anyhow, STV Guy said that Canadian Orders would be Filled Starting in September. Just in time to put her under the sheets for winter....., unless you live in Kelowna!

Hey don't be mad.

Living in Kelowna.

The sun, the lake, the golf, the skiing.

Driving Miss Eleanor.

Liv'in la vida roca!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

I relocated from missouri to build the mustang and am especially proud to be allowed to be a part of the shelby build.

Welcome modified7. It's very cool to get someone on the forum that has first hand knowledge of what's coming down the pipeline. So I guess you'll be working on my car, please be careful, it's the white one with blue stripes ;).

What color green is it? Legend Lime or that deeper "Bullitt Green" color?

The "training" model is green? Light green or dark green? Does this mean anything?

Talked with SVT again today.

There will be no acknowledgement about this being the 40th anniversary model of the GT500 (i don't get it)

I asked about an SVT Shelby GT500 launch video (one was put out for the '05 Mustang)-they don't know

As I suspected, the rear brakes are not going to be Brembo's as originally planned (same as Mustang GT)

They will not likely put out a brochure specifically for the GT500, but will include information about it in the regular Mustang brochure when the '07 brochures are released (this summer???)

There will be no options for rear quarter window scoops or other items offered.

Although, I have not had time to check it out yet, when items become available (like hats, shirts, key chains, etc) we'll be able to order them from www.fordcollection.com

If anybody has anything new to add, bring it on!!!

KingCobra.

I PM'd amyb on Brad's site. Who is: Amy Boylan, President Shelby Automobiles.

I asked about:

I was curious if you could release any more information on the 40th anniversary package that was brought up a few months ago.

I am also curious to the upgrade package that Shelby Automobiles is rumored to be making for the GT500. Can you release any information as to what it might entail or how much extra it will cost? Will it be able to be added at the dealership and rolled into financing or is it strictly an aftermarket add on? Will there be multiple establishments able to install it if it is strictly aftermarket or will I need to drive to Las Vegas?

She was very nice when I asked her about anything new she could share with us. Part of what she stated:

Hi Brian, Thanks for the post. We have just spent a great week at Barrett Jackson, Our meeting went well. We will have a lot of info very soon on the Mustang Gt 500, the V6 packages and some other new news as well

I look forward to hearing more from her as well. She said she was very pleased about the GT500 months ago and she said in one thread that she is planning on getting one as well. It is nice to have someone as rabid about this car as we are.

:)

Archived