TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Current Market Conditions

500HP GT

In regards to how many have already been produced, Ford stated for the month of August over 800 were produced. They then stated that just under 800 were produced for the month of Septmeber. That means in the last 2 months roughly 1,600 GT 500's have been produced. I got this information from the news page on this site so I believe it to be accurate.

I checked Galpin Fords website last night and they have 6 GT 500's in stock. 4 at 40k over MSRP and one for a total of $100,000 and one that you need to call for a price. My dealer still has there's sitting on the floor unsold for the last 3-4 weeks. They are asking 74k for it. One person came in and tried to buy it but his financing fell through because his payments were close to $1,500 a month. So there are 7 GT 500's on the ground between 2 dealerships. I doubt that those numbers from Ford are accurate at this time. Not to say that Rat or Five OH are wrong and no disrespect intended but I see the problems with Ford and keeping track of cars being built and shipped. I doubt they can keep track of cars on lots either. I have no idea what region California is in but I do know if took forever for cars to start showing up around here. The first one I heard about being on the ground around me was in late August.

I dont believe the people paying adms are financing their adms.

As far as the insurance issue the company will pay fair market value, not just cut you 5k off of sticker.

Rob about the letter of build time, how did your dealer come up with the car arriving in the spring? I did not expect my car until next year but my order got pulled about 3 weeks ago :cheerleader: Point is if you are going to change your color you might want to have your order in the order bank just in case you got pulled in the next few weeks. The whole process is soo puzzling.

I also think their are alot more people wanting this car for 43k than we think.(but refuse to pay adm) Which will make many wait until this time next year or later for a car. I personally couldnt wait that long. I think 43k is affordable to many people in todays economy. But what do I know?

The Ford dealer I am getting my car from is part of a group of a dozen dealers who basically had to draw from a lottery to be allowed to order a car. My dealer got there certification in early and drew a lucky number. The regional rep. is talking to Denver today to get the lowdown on the delivery. It may change. As for the color change, I Requested that yesterday, and the dealer is changing it.

In regards to how many have already been produced, Ford stated for the month of August over 800 were produced. They then stated that just under 800 were produced for the month of Septmeber. That means in the last 2 months roughly 1,600 GT 500's have been produced. I got this information from the news page on this site so I believe it to be accurate.

I checked Galpin Fords website last night and they have 6 GT 500's in stock. 4 at 40k over MSRP and one for a total of $100,000 and one that you need to call for a price. My dealer still has there's sitting on the floor unsold for the last 3-4 weeks. They are asking 74k for it. One person came in and tried to buy it but his financing fell through because his payments were close to $1,500 a month. So there are 7 GT 500's on the ground between 2 dealerships. I doubt that those numbers from Ford are accurate at this time. Not to say that Rat or Five OH are wrong and no disrespect intended but I see the problems with Ford and keeping track of cars being built and shipped. I doubt they can keep track of cars on lots either. I have no idea what region California is in but I do know if took forever for cars to start showing up around here. The first one I heard about being on the ground around me was in late August.

Keep in mind that these cars have been made since June. I realize that they started slowly, but, extrapolating 800/month into 12 months gives 9600 cars, which is right on target. It is supposedly someone at Ford that is quoting 50/day currently. That comes out to more than 1000/month.

Bottom line - the car is NOT RARE and demand will be met.

The track record so far is poor. The amount of cars on the ground now is a few hundred.

You're more of a "glass is half empty" kind of guy aren't you? :hysterical:

I like to look it more as: a lot of cars have been delivered to Mustang lovers already! :happy feet:

You're more of a "glass is half empty" kind of guy aren't you? :hysterical:

I like to look it more as: a lot of cars have been delivered to Mustang lovers already! :happy feet:

Joe: Thanks for pointing that out, I have been comming accross a little negitive. That happens in a frenzy sometimes. Time to chill now that I have a car ordered.

Joe: Thanks for pointing that out, I have been comming accross a little negitive. That happens in a frenzy sometimes. Time to chill now that I have a car ordered.

All's good here. Stress brings out the worst in all of us.

Heck, just think of all the gallons of JP fuel Ruf and crew have gone through with that Huey! Good god, I'm glad I didn't offer my Discover card to cover THAT bill!!

I checked 5 other auctions from eBay, all of them have ended with the following results...

300036577487 Sellers starting price $58,000.00 No Bids.

250036701351 Last $56,100.00 Reserve Not Met, highest bidder: MOGFIS bid 4 times trying to top reserve

260039345598 Last $60,103.00 Reserve Not Met, highest bidder: not MOGFIS, although they did bid

130036185804 Last $55,001.00 Sold, Seller dropped price to sell to only bidder, mousammotorsports

280036620482 Last $62,000.00 Reserve Not Met. Multiple bidders.

If I remember correctly, the first four were coupes and the last was a vert.

Hmmm...

DLW

Archived