TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby should buy Viper unit from dodge!

sudden

I was looking at the news and wondering how weird it would be if GM is to buy Chrysler. Looks like it will happen soon. Also the Viper production unit is for sale with several offers pending. Since CS was involved with the concept and endorsement of the Viper, I think that SAI should put in a bid. Now that whould be cool to see the SHELBY VIPER where it should be. SUDDEN.

I was looking at the news and wondering how weird it would be if GM is to buy Chrysler. Looks like it will happen soon. Also the Viper production unit is for sale with several offers pending. Since CS was involved with the concept and endorsement of the Viper, I think that SAI should put in a bid. Now that whould be cool to see the SHELBY VIPER where it should be. SUDDEN.

I would be an expensive acquisition. I had not considered this but your idea makes a lot of sense. If funds were available and the price reasonable to purchase such an automobile manufacturing facility, that would be pretty cool. It would only make business sense if the assets could be purchased with the right to manufacture the Viper, but without buying the actual business itself so that all of the UAW labor agreements could be dumped. The UAW is a poison pill that makes any auto assembly plant unviable.

Chip

I sure like the sound of that. The Viper is one car, all the BS aside, that has always made my blood flow.

Jim

I would LOVE to have a blue w/white strpies Viper GTS - the ONLY thing I dont care for about the car is the exhaust note. Nothing compares to the rumble of an American V8 :)

The Viper program is deeply entrenched within the Saleen fold. Separating Viper from Saleen will be tricky.

Chrysler might finds Renault-Nissan as its new owner.

Robert, do you mean the current Saleen group or Steve Saleen (SMS)?

Robert, do you mean the current Saleen group or Steve Saleen (SMS)?

Saleen SSV facility in Troy was doing some paint work on the Vipers for Dodge,

not Steve Saleen and his new SMS/Techco businesses.

Archived