TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby signature

kahmann

Can anyone tell me how to remove my dash panel (the part that typically gets signed), so that I can mail it in?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Ken

1. Disconnect the battery, allow 5 minutes before you start disassembly for complete voltage drain.

2. Remove 4 8mm hex screws from bottom of glove box cover, then remove glove box cover.

3. Remove 2 10mm hex screws that retain airbag to sheetmetal frame. Disconnect wire harness connector to the back of the airbag.

4. From the rear of the cover, release pressure from serated clips that hold the cover to the lower portion of the dash and the bottom will pull out with the airbag attached.

5. Gently apply light pressure upwards and the tops clips will release and the assembly will come straight out.

6. With the assembly on a flat surface, take a small flat bladed screw driver and release the airbag retaining tangs from the hard rubber gasket on the airbag cover.

To install, reverse these directions.

You have the option of leaving the bag out while your cover is being signed or it can be bolted back in and connected. The later looks quite ominous, especially to your passenger.

1. Disconnect the battery, allow 5 minutes before you start disassembly for complete voltage drain.

2. Remove 4 8mm hex screws from bottom of glove box cover, then remove glove box cover.

3. Remove 2 10mm hex screws that retain airbag to sheetmetal frame. Disconnect wire harness connector to the back of the airbag.

4. From the rear of the cover, release pressure from serated clips that hold the cover to the lower portion of the dash and the bottom will pull out with the airbag attached.

5. Gently apply light pressure upwards and the tops clips will release and the assembly will come straight out.

6. With the assembly on a flat surface, take a small flat bladed screw driver and release the airbag retaining tangs from the hard rubber gasket on the airbag cover.

To install, reverse these directions.

You have the option of leaving the bag out while your cover is being signed or it can be bolted back in and connected. The later looks quite ominous, especially to your passenger.

Perfect! This is exactly what I was seeking. Thanks a ton.

Ken

Can you drive the car without the panel on?

Also on the foundation website it says you have to mail it in a special package?

John

07sgt2798

Yes, you can drive it with or w/o airbag.

I have an extra airbag cover for sale, if anyone's interested.

I bought a new one (I'm guessing it was around $179 or so) to mail in for the man's signature, and I swapped it out with my factory one when I got it back in the mail. So I have the factory one extra. perfect condition.

Archived