TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT book

ilmor

I was just thinking - wouldn't it be great to have a book which is written primarily about the Shelby GT? Of course, it would include a little Shelby history and some mention of other models, but primarily it would be a detailed account about how the Shelby GT came into existence (perhaps it should include detailed history and facts on the GT-H as well) and was brought into the automotive world, along with all the related facts, figures, road tests, details, photographs, etc. Of course, it would cover both the 2007 and 2008 models, white, black and blue.

If only someone who had the access to all this information could author such a book, it would be awesome. Of course, it would need to include a preface and /or interview w/ Mr. Shelby himself concerning the car. I imagine most every Shelby GT owner would want a copy, so there's 8000 sales - plus then maybe a lot more folks would know about and appreciate this fine, rare automobile!!

Edit - And of course, it should include a chapter on racing (road racing, autocross, drag racing) to discuss what some Owners have done in those events.

I was just thinking - wouldn't it be great to have a book which is written primarily about the Shelby GT? Of course, it would include a little Shelby history and some mention of other models, but primarily it would be a detailed account about how the Shelby GT came into existence (perhaps it should include detailed history and facts on the GT-H as well) and was brought into the automotive world, along with all the related facts, figures, road tests, details, photographs, etc. Of course, it would cover both the 2007 and 2008 models, white, black and blue.

If only someone who had the access to all this information could author such a book, it would be awesome. Of course, it would need to include a preface and /or interview w/ Mr. Shelby himself concerning the car. I imagine most every Shelby GT owner would want a copy, so there's 8000 sales - plus then maybe a lot more folks would know about and appreciate this fine, rare automobile!!

Edit - And of course, it should include a chapter on racing (road racing, autocross, drag racing) to discuss what some Owners have done in those events.

great idea, maybe something for Adam and Roger to work on? if Jerry is not interested maybe Art would be?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35010

At first I thought this was an announcement of a new book on the Shelby GT..... :cry:

Since it is only a recommendation, I would love to see one. Great idea!!! :happy feet:

I've heard rumors that The Ford Shelby GT500 book, second printing, by Larry Edsall, foreword by Carroll Shelby, might be available from the Shelby Store in a few weeks.

I assume you would include the Shelby GT-H too as this was the genesis for the SGT.

Yes, I think so too, as I mentioned in my intial thread - although not so clearly, perhaps.

I released a mustang based book early this year. My partner and I have been discussing possible next projects including one that would include newer Shelby products...including ample coverage of the Shelby GT's.

Stay tuned.............

BTW - For those of you that didn't get a copy of my "Wild Horses" book, I still have some available. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.......

Kyle

My son AJ and I are already working on a Shelby book for children. I have also been tossing a "Shelby for Dummy's" book. Probably need permission first before completing.

I've written two books, have an agent, and would be open to doing something! You don't need permission to write a book but if you want it done right you do need cooperation. You would want to be able to interview everyone involved etc., which without SAI blessing would be next to impossible.

I can see the book as much about the Shelby GT as it is Carroll and Ford's return to the 60's.

My Working Titles, if I were writing it:

"The Shelby GT - Carroll Shelby and Bold Moves"

"The Shelby GT - A Return to the 60's"

"The Shelby GT - Carroll Shelby's Next Lap"

"The Shelby GT - How I Learned to Trust Carroll Shelby and Forget About Ford's Stock Price"

"The Shelby GT - White is the Fastest Color"

:hysterical:

I like the no. 5 title the best (and it is so factual) :lol: , however for the general public the no. 2 title makes the most sense.

I've written two books, have an agent, and would be open to doing something! You don't need permission to write a book but if you want it done right you do need cooperation. You would want to be able to interview everyone involved etc., which without SAI blessing would be next to impossible.

I can see the book as much about the Shelby GT as it is Carroll and Ford's return to the 60's.

"The Shelby GT - How I Learned to Trust Carroll Shelby and Forget About Ford's Stock Price"

I like #2 also....this sounds like a great idea.....SAI????? :lurk:

While we are at it. How about these titles:

"The Shelby GT - The Baby Shelby"

"The Shelby GT - The Other Shelby"

"The Shelby GT - No it's not a GT-350"

• 3 weeks later...
While we are at it. How about these titles:

"The Shelby GT - The Baby Shelby"

"The Shelby GT - The Other Shelby"

"The Shelby GT - No it's not a GT-350"

How about

"The Shelby GT - NO, it's not a GT500

"The Shelby GT - Dreamer's - White car owners

"The Shelby GT - The fastest version - Black

"The Shelby GT - Dreamer's - White car owners

"The Shelby GT - The fastest version - Black

Naahhh.....we want a non-fiction documentary, not fiction!! :hysterical:

Let's get this right!

"The Shelby GT - Saga of a Hood Scoop"

That's a good one...but seriously now! On of the chapters will no doubt be "The Hood Scoop", including a section about the Chip Beck scoop!

Archived