TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sick of Fords BS

rbortnick

I have almost decided to give my car up. Worst part is that I have a MSRP deal.

I actually placed my order FIVE MONTHS ago, put a deposit on the car in Jun e 2005. Ford tells me it was built on August 7/06 and released August 9/06. Apparently the car was shipped on Sept. 14/06. Originally they told me that August 19-26 was my delivery date, FOB dealer.

Can anybody tell me if this is Fords standard delivery time frame for a custom ordered car ? Ford tells me that this is not out of the ordinary, I call BS on this and on them, I popped a gasket on them yesterday and told them exactly what myself and hundreds of others felt about the way that Ford is treating the buyers of this car and the way thta they are handling the delivery. The customer service rep tells my that Ford was not preparred for the high public demand on this car. I have been doing business for 20+ years and I told them that they should have re adjusted and accomodated for this once they recognized this. They tell me that they have transport issues, I tell them that I ship literally tons and tons of materials to my jobsites and dont seem to have shipping problems or tracking problems (maybe a week late at the most). If this car is so special then why the F@3K is being shipped with the mill of the run cars. Ford should buck up and pay the extra costs to get these cars to their respected customers on time - They call this their Flagship Halo car and this is how they treat the customer. I dont car how much coin you make 50+K for any cra is expensive.

I am so sick of their excuses on delivery, they have told me that it has suppose to have arrived every weekend for the past 5 at the dealers lot and keep blamming everything on transport issues - It is now 8 weeks late from first promised delivery. Worst part is that I live in Canada and have to travel 600+miles to go and get the car. Now that winter is almost hear and the snow will be flying any day and have to hire someone to truck the car to me, put it in the garage, make the payments, pay the insurance, watch 5 months of warranty disappear and look at it every day.

I told them that if this was any regular car and not a SHELBY, that I would have told them to stick their car up their ass 4 weeks ago.

The excitment of this car has basically dissolved for me know and Ford will not step up to the plate and offer any solutions, this is what pisses me the most about the entire process. I have told my dealer that I will be sending a letter as high up the food chain at Ford as I can get it about this. In my business world I would have been terminated months if I had put any of my clients thru this type of horseshit. For C sake, my bank treats me better.

My dealer's #12 perosn has picked the same GO/Tungsten Combo as me and has offerd to switch me out with that person.

Any advise from the board on should I do this or not, I know I put myself at risk of not getting a car if I do this as the Invoice I currently hold in my hand will be null & void.

I apologize to the board for my language but I am HOT.

One Pissed Dude.

Rod

I feel your pain....to a degree. I got bumped from #1 and #2 on 2 lists so the dealer could Auction their car to the highest bidder....which was not going to be me at MSRP so I didn't even bother.

I hate to sound synical (SP?) but could the dealer have gotten the car and sold it for more $ to another person? Or is it in Canada also where they can't pull that crap. If it really is in shipping my answer would be don't trade out if it is what you ordered and want. This car is proving to be a tough fish to catch unless you pay any and all prices in the US. The volume in Canada I expect is limited more so than here and if you got a price you are happy with I would just call and visit the dealer everyday to ask for an update and let them fight that battle for you.

If it is in fact the shipping then it may be a Ford issue which is not what they need. In the US most issues seem to be Dealer related. Maybe the dealer won't get it until most of the way through the winter so you woun't have to pay as much before using it....insurance can be dropped to storage for Winter when you are not driving it though so don't let that drive your choice.

Personally - If I order one at the price I want and it gets to where you are....I'd never walk away from the deal. The market is too hot and with out confirmation of a 3rd year I would not want to give up the car over waiting a little longer.....but I do feel your frustration and can't say it is not warranted.

Rod -

It's easy to boil over on this deal. Believe me, I've done it more than once. I've been on the list for one of these essentially since March 2004 (no typo - 2004). I won't patronize you and tell you to be patient.

So here's the deal. If you have a VIN, someone can track it. Not always as well as you hope, but it can be done. There is a number to call other than the CS 800 number that gives a better status check. Sorry, I just don't remember what it is - others here or on Blue Oval News know - but you will have to have some dealer-specific information to get them to check for you. Some dealers do not let their salesmen do this, I've found. Also, not everyone at the dealer is as on-fire to get this car as you are. I was at warp speed, especially after I found out the car was completed, but no one at the dealer was, so I was always frustrated. Unfortunately, that was my problem, not theirs.

I assume you mistyped the expected arrival date and really meant 19-26 September, not August. My car was built 6/28 and I picked it up 7/21. I lived just about every second of those thirty or so days at least a hundred times. See? I even exaggerated the number of days, it was actually 23 days - it just felt like a lot more. Fact is, it took a long time to get striped, and to get shipped. I actually got mine quicker than some others whose car was built the same day. I don't know what additionals delays there may be now. The delays may be personally unreasonable, but they are not outside what others have seen.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the car getting sold out from under you if the dealer seems to be willing to swap places for you.

Some of the other stuff about them not anticipating the demand is crap. If your car is in the first three thousand, or whatever the Job One run is, however many more they build is irrelevant. The business about not anticipating the numbers to be striped is also crap. I remember seeing and copying the dealer's guide which broke down the expected option percentages. I recall they expected stripes on 90% of the coupes.

I wouldn't give up at this point. I would do a little quiet meditation and see if you can reduce the stress level you can control a bit. If you let this rent too much space in your head, you run the risk of doing something stupid in traffic - pulling in front of a truck you didn't see - while you are distracted. Your best revenge is to hang on for the car and then run the crap out of it while smiling your ass off. Easier said than done, maybe, but it can be done.

Rod -

It's easy to boil over on this deal. Believe me, I've done it more than once. I've been on the list for one of these essentially since March 2004 (no typo - 2004). I won't patronize you and tell you to be patient.

So here's the deal. If you have a VIN, someone can track it. Not always as well as you hope, but it can be done. There is a number to call other than the CS 800 number that gives a better status check. Sorry, I just don't remember what it is - others here or on Blue Oval News know - but you will have to have some dealer-specific information to get them to check for you. Some dealers do not let their salesmen do this, I've found. Also, not everyone at the dealer is as on-fire to get this car as you are. I was at warp speed, especially after I found out the car was completed, but no one at the dealer was, so I was always frustrated. Unfortunately, that was my problem, not theirs.

I assume you mistyped the expected arrival date and really meant 19-26 September, not August. My car was built 6/28 and I picked it up 7/21. I lived just about every second of those thirty or so days at least a hundred times. See? I even exaggerated the number of days, it was actually 23 days - it just felt like a lot more. Fact is, it took a long time to get striped, and to get shipped. I actually got mine quicker than some others whose car was built the same day. I don't know what additionals delays there may be now. The delays may be personally unreasonable, but they are not outside what others have seen.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the car getting sold out from under you if the dealer seems to be willing to swap places for you.

Some of the other stuff about them not anticipating the demand is crap. If your car is in the first three thousand, or whatever the Job One run is, however many more they build is irrelevant. The business about not anticipating the numbers to be striped is also crap. I remember seeing and copying the dealer's guide which broke down the expected option percentages. I recall they expected stripes on 90% of the coupes.

I wouldn't give up at this point. I would do a little quiet meditation and see if you can reduce the stress level you can control a bit. If you let this rent too much space in your head, you run the risk of doing something stupid in traffic - pulling in front of a truck you didn't see - while you are distracted. Your best revenge is to hang on for the car and then run the crap out of it while smiling your ass off. Easier said than done, maybe, but it can be done.

I ordered my car in early march....just got it 2 weeks ago....So ,others waited longer...Ford is no help at all

and the dealers are clueless..

Yikes! When Canadian says his/her bank has treated them better, it is a very strong statement(its a Canadian thing, we HATE the banks) :censored: You are not the only one, but at least you have a VIN. I have PM'd you a name, try and remain patient. I know it sucks, but somewhere you do have a car coming(assuming the dealer is playing straight up), and some folks have been thoroughly screwed over with this program. Stay the course man, it will get to you.

Don't do the switch! It's too risky and you may end up with nothing in the end other than - "Well we can give you a good deal on a nice GT!" Stick to your guns and wait it out, IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT IN THE END. Maybe the dealer is just hoping you'll make a mistake so that they can cash in on your car... Patience is painful but all will be forgotten when you finally have your car and then no one can screw you out of it. Watch out for the sharks, they are hungry now.

I actually placed my order FIVE MONTHS ago, put a deposit on the car in Jun e 2005. Ford tells me it was built on August 7/06 and released August 9/06. Apparently the car was shipped on Sept. 14/06. Originally they told me that August 19-26 was my delivery date, FOB dealer.

Can anybody tell me if this is Fords standard delivery time frame for a custom ordered car ? Ford tells me that this is not out of the ordinary, I call BS on this and on them, I popped a gasket on them yesterday and told them exactly what myself and hundreds of others felt about the way that Ford is treating the buyers of this car and the way thta they are handling the delivery. The customer service rep tells my that Ford was not preparred for the high public demand on this car. I have been doing business for 20+ years and I told them that they should have re adjusted and accomodated for this once they recognized this. They tell me that they have transport issues, I tell them that I ship literally tons and tons of materials to my jobsites and dont seem to have shipping problems or tracking problems (maybe a week late at the most). If this car is so special then why the F@3K is being shipped with the mill of the run cars. Ford should buck up and pay the extra costs to get these cars to their respected customers on time - They call this their Flagship Halo car and this is how they treat the customer. I dont car how much coin you make 50+K for any cra is expensive.

I am so sick of their excuses on delivery, they have told me that it has suppose to have arrived every weekend for the past 5 at the dealers lot and keep blamming everything on transport issues - It is now 8 weeks late from first promised delivery. Worst part is that I live in Canada and have to travel 600+miles to go and get the car. Now that winter is almost hear and the snow will be flying any day and have to hire someone to truck the car to me, put it in the garage, make the payments, pay the insurance, watch 5 months of warranty disappear and look at it every day.

I told them that if this was any regular car and not a SHELBY, that I would have told them to stick their car up their ass 4 weeks ago.

The excitment of this car has basically dissolved for me know and Ford will not step up to the plate and offer any solutions, this is what pisses me the most about the entire process. I have told my dealer that I will be sending a letter as high up the food chain at Ford as I can get it about this. In my business world I would have been terminated months if I had put any of my clients thru this type of horseshit. For C sake, my bank treats me better.

My dealer's #12 perosn has picked the same GO/Tungsten Combo as me and has offerd to switch me out with that person.

Any advise from the board on should I do this or not, I know I put myself at risk of not getting a car if I do this as the Invoice I currently hold in my hand will be null & void.

One Pissed Dude.

Rod

sent you a pm

Easy for me to say, I know, but I would take a deep breath and hold on, especially if you're getting MSRP.

For what it's worth-- I ordered in March, car was built on 10/02 and I hoping it will arrive next week, ( I have to drive 450 miles N. to get it) but fully expecting delays. . . now I admit if it isn't here in Dec I'll probably go into a blind rage as well.

CC

Thank you to all of you for your input and advice.

All good solid advice. I think its clear that I should be patient, bite my tongue and wait.

Lots of really good people on this site.

Rob - Thanks for clarifying the bank comment for everyone. I had no idea that our fellow Americans were not as passionate about banks as us Cunucks. :shrug::doh:

Easy for me to say, I know, but I would take a deep breath and hold on, especially if you're getting MSRP.

For what it's worth-- I ordered in March, car was built on 10/02 and I hoping it will arrive next week, ( I have to drive 450 miles N. to get it) but fully expecting delays. . . now I admit if it isn't here in Dec I'll probably go into a blind rage as well.

CC

+1

At least y'all are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I ordered in March and may not see my car until June '07.

Mine was built on August 4th and didn't arrive until September 29th - and I'm in Michigan about 150 miles from the plant. Did I read that you are in Canada? Customs MUST add a certain delay.

I remember the wait and the extreme frustration with Ford Customer Serviceless, but try to wait it out a little bit longer. You'll be glad you did - especially at MSRP.

Remember King Cobra? His took a lot longer to arrive, and he's in the U.S. too. Search the site if you missed his posts.

Paul

Thank you to all of you for your input and advice.

All good solid advice. I think its clear that I should be patient, bite my tongue and wait.

Lots of really good people on this site.

Rob - Thanks for clarifying the bank comment for everyone. I had no idea that our fellow Americans were not as passionate about banks as us Cunucks. :shrug::doh:

Any news on your car

Hey Rod,

Are you in Calgary...and second question did you order in Winnipeg?

There has been a car sitting at KeyStone Ford for almost a month waiting delivery or pickup from someone in Calgary or at least that is what the dealer told me... not to upset further but I have seen two dealer ships accept higher ADMS and bump people to the next in line as a result of being able to make more money.

Hang in there if you want the ride...I don't have mine yet and have gone through what I would describe as a painfull process but...I'm holding out that things will fall into place and work themselves out....keep the faith...hell it snowed here today and I'm still exctied to get the car even though I know shes queen of the garage!

Hang in there... quick RUF get the paddles this case of PSDS is...worst I've seen!

Cheers

Requis

Hey Rod,

Are you in Calgary...and second question did you order in Winnipeg?

There has been a car sitting at KeyStone Ford for almost a month waiting delivery or pickup from someone in Calgary or at least that is what the dealer told me... not to upset further but I have seen two dealer ships accept higher ADMS and bump people to the next in line as a result of being able to make more money.

Hang in there if you want the ride...I don't have mine yet and have gone through what I would describe as a painfull process but...I'm holding out that things will fall into place and work themselves out....keep the faith...hell it snowed here today and I'm still exctied to get the car even though I know shes queen of the garage!

Hang in there... quick RUF get the paddles this case of PSDS is...worst I've seen!

Cheers

Requis

I'm in Edmonton - Richmond,BC is where I bought my car.

Everything is good now, I have calmed down after a few hours of Jose Cuervo IV

On a serious note - An awsome dude from this website located my car, I talked to him on the phone tonight and my car is in Seattle on its way up to Vancouver tomorrow. Should be at my dealer by Mon/Tues. Snow or no snow still planning on driving that bad boy from Vancouver to Edmonton thru the rockies. Should be able to get some really cool pics with some white stuff on the mountains.

Send the hookers now Ruf. they can come with me.

2nd best piece of news on this site yet. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

As to how the hell it ended up in the States, that is a discussion for another thread. :censored:

P.S. I will be watching the weather in the pilots office for you....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1611620057386147345

Guy in video mad because he first got screwed on his Shelby. They talked him into an escape. watch to see what he does

I better lay off the Jose Cuervo IV or that will be me, unless of course Ruf comes thru with the hookers.

Hell, send hookers for everyone Ruf. Do they ship to Canada ?

I better lay off the Jose Cuervo IV or that will be me, unless of course Ruf comes thru with the hookers.

Hell, send hookers for everyone Ruf. Do they ship to Canada ?

I heard there is a ruf looking GO gt500 coupe thats headed from Seattle, WA up through the straights of georgia, going past a bell something international, white rock. Also heard something about a Shelby going by King George Highway then up between surrey and richmond on sunday afternoon. could be just a rumor but was from a pretty good source. Source also says your car was unloaded in logistics park illinois and was lost for some time as was not supposed to get unloaded. A stool pigeon that keeps flying over to hit it from 1 mile up says its been sitting in same spot since last saturday waiting for some border crossing info. Will need a new owner soon to clean up the little black spots and to wash off all the bird poop.

Again speculation and rumor most likely.

I heard there is a ruf looking GO gt500 coupe thats headed from Seattle, WA up through the straights of georgia, going past a bell something international, white rock. Also heard something about a Shelby going by King George Highway then up between surrey and richmond on sunday afternoon. could be just a rumor but was from a pretty good source. Source also says your car was unloaded in logistics park illinois and was lost for some time as was not supposed to get unloaded. A stool pigeon that keeps flying over to hit it from 1 mile up says its been sitting in same spot since last saturday waiting for some border crossing info. Will need a new owner soon to clean up the little black spots and to wash off all the bird poop.

Again speculation and rumor most likely.

And the proud new owner resisted the temptation to take the Coquihalla up to the Rogers pass, instead taking the politically correct CN path. WAIT, THIS JUST IN!!! the rebel with a need has been spotted with a nuclear grin, sipping Red Bull at a fuel stop in Banff,Alberta; checking the early season ski-bunnies eyeing his 285 rear.... :wacko:

tires?

EDIT: Latest info shows he may be spotted here....He's on a mission from Ford...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1611620057386147345

Guy in video mad because he first got screwed on his Shelby. They talked him into an escape. watch to see what he does

This guy actually acted upon his thoughts about how he felt about his treatment from his dealer. It's a good thing most people don't or there wouldn't be too many showrooms left ! :fan:

One Pissed Dude.

Rod

I'd like to put in my two cents on this as I am Rod's salesman.This has been quite an ordeal for me as well and as far as controlling the situation I have done my best.There are some factors here I can't explain about arrival dates and for years a vehicle could be 5 days either side of your delivery date.For some unknown reason it's different with the Shelby.I've guessed about too many cars not enough railcars,I've blamed poor transportation monopolies.For years every SVT vehicle from Lightning to Focus has arrived in the time frame as expected.I hate to hear the frustration as I have one of the best customer relations in the province.I have many that think I'm crazy for fighting for MSRP, but I'm a car guy too, believe me it wouldn't be hard to sell out at $5000 over when I have 20 customers on a wish list that I've created in case allocation increases next year.This situation will improve or I'll have to just stop giving out serial numbers and tentative arrival dates,Rod's not the only customer that's anxious,I'd be the same if I had such a great car coming down the pipe for me,if anything I've learned in this situation it's what you can't control don't worry youself so much,it will arrive.By the way we are the last stop of the Railcars in the freeworld we are the last to recieve anything as the rail line ends herein Vancouver,B.C.Takecare Scott

I'd like to put in my two cents on this as I am Rod's salesman.This has been quite an ordeal for me as well and as far as controlling the situation I have done my best.There are some factors here I can't explain about arrival dates and for years a vehicle could be 5 days either side of your delivery date.For some unknown reason it's different with the Shelby.I've guessed about too many cars not enough railcars,I've blamed poor transportation monopolies.For years every SVT vehicle from Lightning to Focus has arrived in the time frame as expected.I hate to hear the frustration as I have one of the best customer relations in the province.I have many that think I'm crazy for fighting for MSRP, but I'm a car guy too, believe me it wouldn't be hard to sell out at $5000 over when I have 20 customers on a wish list that I've created in case allocation increases next year.This situation will improve or I'll have to just stop giving out serial numbers and tentative arrival dates,Rod's not the only customer that's anxious,I'd be the same if I had such a great car coming down the pipe for me,if anything I've learned in this situation it's what you can't control don't worry youself so much,it will arrive.By the way we are the last stop of the Railcars in the freeworld we are the last to recieve anything as the rail line ends herein Vancouver,B.C.Takecare Scott

Scott - Check out that nice little link that Jet put up for me - Clear sailing or should I say "flying", no snow yet. Hopefully this can hold out for a couple of more weeks likes this.

Thanks for that link Rob, much appreciated. Only question is the route now - The politically correct route or the not so politically correct route. Maybe #3 Hope - Princeton, stay low and as south as possible to avoid heavy snow ?

TwinTurbo - Dont worry Scott can take care of all that birdshit on my car when they PDI & detail it for me next week.

Rod

Scott, Rod had nothing but praise for you and your dealership.

I was just giving him a few hints as to where his car was.

Rod, Your car again has a delay with a new updated time of 7pm on 10/18

At least its now in C A N A D A ! ! !

It hit a little snag but will be on the move again come early Monday morning.

Looks like the Canadian rail workers do not work on weekends?

I will say to anyone else in Canada... with a Shelby order. Have a LOT of patience. The delay is not at all FORDS fault but the shipping system.

Ford is having some real Shelby issues now too but....

I get a big charge of Ford blaming all the delay problems on the company who installs the stripes. Its a Smoke Screen!

Someone posted the real reason on the SVT forum.

Archived