TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you seen any OTHER GT500s?

Three Cobras

I have seen one in Chicago, Thank You BJ, and 2 in Kingsport Tennessee.

Mine on material hold has yet to be seen!!!!

The next time you see mine it's gonna look a lot better....and different! Dropped it off at the painter up in WI last night. We went over all the striping and laid out the look. The side stripes are being replaced with a very high quality 8-year (thin, but looks awesome) material. No painter wants to shoot the side stripes because it would cost a fortune and look like hell as I touched up every chip in them.

We're going with a significantly brighter white than stock. The stock white has a high yellow factor. Take a piece of regular white bond paper and put it next to the factory stripes and you'll be stunned....and amazed at how the bright white looks! We have to get the vinyl first, then match the over the top paint. The paint will go all the way over the trailing edge of the hood....from moulding to moulding on the roof (not the Hot Wheels look from the factory), then over the edge on the trunklid....all the way down to the diffusers. Every piece will be disassembled and painted individually (Mr Roush, are you listening??). The areas around the 3rd brakelight and license plate will be brought in to an 1/8 inch as opposed to the varying distances from the factory.

As I've said before...and as the painter has stated...the tough part is to replicate the orange peel on the areas to be re-cleared after striping. It would look like hell to have it flat and the rest of the car refracting.

I COULD spend the extra $5,000 to have the entire flat sanded and re-cleared with X number of coats, but good Lord, this is already a ton of dough. And, I'm having the painted because I think it will look better...certainly not for any resale value, so flatsanding it all sounds like a lotta money I can put into mods.

It gets out of the shop in 2 weeks, then PaulsHP CAI and tune and another trip to the dyno.

It would be cheaper to have picked up a bad drug habit.

:shift:

bj

I live in West Michigan, and I have not seen another GT500 anywhere - except for a pre-production version that I saw on the highway last spring. :baby:

My car hasn't gotten as much attention as I expected. I was one of the first people in this area to have an '05 Mustang GT (arrived in May of '05 if that tells you something about how many new cars we see around here), and EVERYONE stared at the car. It was such a change from the previous Mustang's, and it got a ton of attention where ever I went. :shift:

Now that the newer Mustang style has been around awhile, many people don't give my car a second look. I think they assume it's just another Mustang. I realize most people don't have a clue what a GT500 is, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. This might have been different if I had chosen one of the brighter colors (mine is Tungsten/Silver, which I LOVE!), however. I have certainly gotten a number of very appreciative looks, thumbs up, people craning their necks to look as I drive past, and folks stopping to ask questions. :rockon:

I bought this car to DRIVE - not as a status symbol or because I care whether people stare as I drive buy, but I do want to report that this car seems to have generated a lot less interest than my '05 did. :shrug:

Has anyone else here had a similar experience?

I live just Southeast of Nashville, and I haven't seen anything!!!

Nada, zip, ziltch, zero.... YAHHHHHYHH!!!!!!!!! PSDS :rant::rant::rant:

I want my car!

Somebody else already posted this, but I said the same thing to my wife and son, this will be the LAST car for me, if my wife and son don't want it after I die...bury me in it, left hand superglued to the wheel and the right hand on the shifter.

:shift:

DLW

The only other one I have seen is the owner of the dealership. It came in just 2 days ahead of mine (July 25th)and is the same, ebony and tungsten vert. Short drive for me to the Buffalo NY & Fort Erie area where they just got 2 feet of snow so it is almost time to put them away. It maybe next spring before I see another one.

Hey BoneDoc 2 weekends ago Sunday we were driving the Shelby back from Denver to New Mexico. We passed a grabber orange Shelby going north between Castlerock and Denver. Was that you?if so yours is the only Shelby I've seen!

could very well be! mine is currently the only grabber/white coupe in the denver area.... maybe in colorado?

i frequently go for a cruise on route 83 (parker road) and I 25 on the weekends. were you driving your GT500? if so, i didn't see you.

next time youre in the neighborhood let me know and we will get together.

I have seen one in St. Charles, MO.

Driver driving really controlled like he was afraid to open it up. I figured he suffered from "I don't want to hurt it" or "When you steal a car you have to lay low."

I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Aside from in our local dealership (who has sold 4 so far), i have not seen one on the road in upstate NY (Catskils region) or in CT or western MA either.

Then again, unless it's going by, you're not likely to see one parket in the mall lot ;)

In Columbus, Ohio:

Other than meeting up with "MYGT500" (red/white coupe) a couple weeks ago where he posted pics under "mini car show in october", i have seen only one other gt500 while driving. it was just this past friday night, a black/white coupe driving opposite direction on maxtown road. driver and i gave each other the thumbs up but didn't have a chance to stop and chat.

• 2 weeks later...

On my lunch hour today and happen to run into a proud new Shelby GT500 owner. He had just picked up his car here in Columbus this past Friday. The opposite color combo of my Vista Blue/White. We had time to stop and get acquainted and yes take a couple of pics with our cars next to each other. They looked awesome side by side.....

post-6216-1161811454_thumb.jpg post-6216-1161811479_thumb.jpg post-6216-1161811507_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811527_thumb.jpg post-6216-1161811545_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811454_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811479_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811507_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811527_thumb.jpg

post-6216-1161811545_thumb.jpg

Archived