TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you seen any OTHER GT500s?

Three Cobras

I picked mine up July 21st. I suspect there are at least a dozen other cars by now in my local area (Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, Isle of Wight, Newport News, Williamsburg - probably 300 square mile area). But I have yet to see another GT500 in all that time. I still get everything from horn honks / thumbs up to people following me to chat when I stop almost every time I drive the car (3800+ miles now). When we talk, all of them also say it's the first and only GT500 they've seen. What has been your experience, GT500 owners?

I picked mine up July 21st. I suspect there are at least a dozen other cars by now in my local area (Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, Isle of Wight, Newport News, Williamsburg - probably 300 square mile area). But I have yet to see another GT500 in all that time. I still get everything from horn honks / thumbs up to people following me to chat when I stop almost every time I drive the car (3800+ miles now). When we talk, all of them also say it's the first and only GT500 they've seen. What has been your experience, GT500 owners?

I'm from Newport News and mine is the only one i've seen live

post-6807-1160652293_thumb.jpg.

post-6807-1160652293_thumb.jpg

i posted pics unter mini car show of mine and a blue one..i've seen 4 so far...

I suspect there are at least a dozen other cars by now in my local area (Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, Isle of Wight, Newport News, Williamsburg - probably 300 square mile area).

Don't know if you saw the thread, but some of us may be getting together on 10/21 on the OBX of NC. Probably less than an hour and a half drive for you. Just trying to iron out some timing details. Any interest in joining us?

I picked mine up from Barber Ford in Ventura California on September 22. I have seen one other parked at a tire shop in Ventura. Mine has 900 miles on it now and gets lots of attention every were It goes.

Jaaman,

Would you like to cruz with some us to Mnt Polamar on 11/4? So far I have about 3 other Shelby coming. I'm doing a dry run this weekend. It will be cool to see different colors on the road at the same time :bandance: . Keep an eye on this forum because I'm going to post direction and some photo of my dry run this weekend.

I live in LA and haven't seen a single one.

The closest I came was a poser....plstered a GT vert with Shelby badges.

My brother in Atlanta hasn't seen one yet either.

To bad you come out on 9/23/06 for the 10th Beach Cities Mustang Club auto show @ Queen Mary. We had 3 new Shelby on display. I posted some pictures on this forum, just in case you missed see the link below.

http://homepage.mac.com/koolimacsam/ColtSh...otoAlbum23.html

These guys are planning to go on Mnt Polamar cruz.

They better dump them before the next round comes in!

I hope they don't. This will work in our favor. The greed will keep the cars on the floor until there are so many that the price drops in a hurry.

Jaaman,

Would you like to cruz with some us to Mnt Polamar on 11/4? So far I have about 3 other Shelby coming. I'm doing a dry run this weekend. It will be cool to see different colors on the road at the same time :bandance: . Keep an eye on this forum because I'm going to post direction and some photo of my dry run this weekend.

I was vacationing in SW Michigan last week and I saw 2 GT500s One was red with no over top stripes in Holland, MI and I saw one red with white stripes driving on 196 near South Haven, MI. Nice to see other cars driven.. :shift:

I have seen two in the Highlands Ranch area of Colorado. One tourch red with satin siler stripes. Another one ebony black with tungsten grey. Both coupes. I am pretty sure that they are not people that are frequenting this board. I STILL DON'T HAVE MINE! Supposedly January. I am going to need to go pick it up with a covered trailer...because of the snow. Also, my baby will not be coming out of the garage till a nice spring day 2007... :wacko:

Anyone close to me?

Prestige1 (Rob from Ohio - 20min. from Pro Football Hall of Fame)

Define close. I'm 90 minutes from Akron/Canton.

Orf -

Great idea, but it'd be a long drive back from Charlotte - I'll be there for the race.

You'll be at Charlotte this weekend, but will you be at Martinsville next weekend? We are getting together on 10/21 - a week from tomorrow. I'll include you on the PM I'm sending to those who have expressed interest.

You'll be at Charlotte this weekend, but will you be at Martinsville next weekend? We are getting together on 10/21 - a week from tomorrow. I'll include you on the PM I'm sending to those who have expressed interest.

I'M 45 MINUTES SOUTH WEST OF AKRON/CANTON. I'M JUST TRING TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE IN MY AREA WITH A GT500.

NO ONE AROUND HERE HAS EVEN SEEN ONE YET. DONT KNOW WHY, ITS A PRETTY BIG AREA. (CANTON/AKRON)

ANYWAY.... I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO COMPARE NOTES WITH, NOT THAT I HAVE ANY NOTES AT THIS POINT, BUT FOR FUTURE.

Hey Orf, are you familiar with Akron area? I lived there from age of 3 until 12. I lived in a suburb (I think it was on the northwest side) called Fairlawn. Their claim to fame used to be Riviera Lanes, the bowling alley where they held the Firestone Tournament of Champions event each year. I hung out at Montrose swim club as a kid and would have gone to Copley High School had we stayed there. Instead, my dad got transferred to Cincinnati (I now live in south central Indiana, but still have family in Cincy). I like both Akron and Cincy about the same, but winters were much worse in Akron.

Dave

Archived