TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UCA mount install halted...

gassman

because I can't get the stock one out! I lowered both gas tank mounts/bands, removed the J&M UCA, now the stock mount will not come out. No matter how I try to fanagle it the 18mm bolt housing will not come out of that hole under the back seat. What trick am I missing?

because I can't get the stock one out! I lowered both gas tank mounts/bands, removed the J&M UCA, now the stock mount will not come out. No matter how I try to fanagle it the 18mm bolt housing will not come out of that hole under the back seat. What trick am I missing?

If you have not done it already, you need to loosen ( if not remove) the convertible structure bracing that keeps the gas tank from lowering out of the way so that the bolt sleeve clears the body....

If you have not done it already, you need to loosen ( if not remove) the convertible structure bracing that keeps the gas tank from lowering out of the way so that the bolt sleeve clears the body..

Exactly! Same problem I faced trying to replace the one in my GT convertible - the thing just will not come out without practically dropping the tank. If you do decide to drop the subframe/gas tank bracing remember to make sure you have enough slack in the fuel pump lines on top before you start to drop the tank.

Archived