TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT with SAI Installed KB/SC

I am not too adept with editing video so you should slide the timer (the one showing the camera time on the video clip itself) to 7:59:20 to get to the action more quickly.

I have not seen a dyno pull where the camera was as close as was the camera on this one. If you are on the borderline about getting a S/C, wait until you hear what this KB sounds like as it spools up. Turn up your speakers and enjoy.

Jim

th_MustangDyno-1.jpg

I must be tone deaf. I was hoping for the sound of the KB on the SS - it sounds like a jet engine from two blocks away, but mine is totally silent. Maybe it's the difference between being on the iinside vs. the outside. Maybe I need to get Co-Pilot to drive it by me.

Mine tossed the serpentine belt on Friday night. I wasn't on it or anything, just pulling in to get a little gas and a Diet Coke. Fortunately, it didn't break it. My friend the mechanic (his day job) rethreaded it. He had the tool for the tensioner pulley. Now watching to see what I did.

I must be tone deaf. I was hoping for the sound of the KB on the SS - it sounds like a jet engine from two blocks away, but mine is totally silent. Maybe it's the difference between being on the iinside vs. the outside. Maybe I need to get Co-Pilot to drive it by me.

Mine tossed the serpentine belt on Friday night. I wasn't on it or anything, just pulling in to get a little gas and a Diet Coke. Fortunately, it didn't break it. My friend the mechanic (his day job) rethreaded it. He had the tool for the tensioner pulley. Now watching to see what I did.

There is a huge difference being on the inside. Do you know of a post that has the SS KB up close and personal? I would like to hear that.

On the "throwing the belt" issue, should we have the tool for the pulley tensioner in our tool box? If so, do you know where he got it? I am going to get a back up belt along with some additional oil for the KB self contained lubrication system. We will need to watch these things to see if throwing a belt becomes a problem.

Jim

There is a huge difference being on the inside. Do you know of a post that has the SS KB up close and personal? I would like to hear that.

On the "throwing the belt" issue, should we have the tool for the pulley tensioner in our tool box? If so, do you know where he got it? I am going to get a back up belt along with some additional oil for the KB self contained lubrication system. We will need to watch these things to see if throwing a belt becomes a problem.

Jim

He's a mechanic - where do mechanics get their tools? It's a flat bar with a socket-like tool that with a 1/2" (?) square end that fits into the pulley. For the Saturday morning shop call it cost me a bottle of whiskey (which we consumed a significant portion of Saturday night.)

Bud cautioned me about belts - if you hit the rev limiter it oscillates the belt and whips it on the pulleys and breaks. The paperwork package warns of this. I know I could not have hit the limiter.

I was lucky - the belt was free but still hung over the lower pulley - if it had grabbed it would have torn it I'm sure.

Anyway, I'm in "monitor" mode.

Jim

I have never had any belt issues but when I have put the belt on/off I just use a 1/2" socket wrench (without a socket) to move the pulley tensioner. So if you have a 1/2" socket wrench that will work well.

we (mechanics) get our tools from snap-on, mac, matco, my fave is S-K but thats just my prefrence. some times the 1/2 dive rachet will work othertimes there isnt room to get it in there then the serpintine belt tensioner tool is a life and nuckle saver. you should be able to pick on up at any auto part store.

we (mechanics) get our tools from snap-on, mac, matco, my fave is S-K but thats just my prefrence. some times the 1/2 dive rachet will work othertimes there isnt room to get it in there then the serpintine belt tensioner tool is a life and nuckle saver. you should be able to pick on up at any auto part store.

Will this one work?

http://www.arizonatools.com/tools/pulley-a...etail/LIS57900/

Jim

Archived