TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh, so close!

Mustang Joe

I get home from work today and the answering machine is flashing. I press the button and I hear:

Joe, it's Bruce from Erinwood Ford. Give me a call when you get in, I've got some good news for you!

I race down there and what do I see?

post-3014-1160620049_thumb.jpg

:happy feet:

I get to pick it up tomorrow after waiting 519 days!

post-3014-1160620049_thumb.jpg

One beautiful car, know you are one happy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have symtoms like me before it arrived, nervous stomach, couldn't hold food down for a week, blurred vision, can't hardly breath, my smoking habit has increased 10 fold. Staring at any red flash on the road, no more than 45 min. of sleep at a time. Mine is due any day now, maybe I'll live long enough to enjoy it. Same as yours!!!

Lutzcat

One beautiful car, know you are one happy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have symtoms like me before it arrived, nervous stomach, couldn't hold food down for a week, blurred vision, can't hardly breath, my smoking habit has increased 10 fold. Staring at any red flash on the road, no more than 45 min. of sleep at a time. Mine is due any day now, maybe I'll live long enough to enjoy it. Same as yours!!!

Lutzcat

And I thought I was just having side-affects from the self-administered med's.... :party: Glad to know it's normal :wacko:

Congrat's Joe, Hope your out tearing up some asphalt right now! :happy feet: :shift: :bandance:

Thanks guys! I spent most of the afternoon driving around with my son, having a blast.

I went to pick up the car at 4 and it was a nice, sunny day with a cold wind. After finishing up the paperwork we went outside to inspect the car. I got in, inserted the key and it STARTED TO SNOW! :rant:

Unbelievable! It was really coming down and the wind was ferocious. 10 minutes later, it was sunny again.

Here are some photos that we took today before the snow at the dealer and after the snow when we got her home.

When I first started it up I was surprised by how quiet the exhaust was. Eased her out of the parking lot and noticed the clutch chatter that everyone has been talking about. After 15 minutes of driving I found that I was able to minimize the chatter but it still happened once in a while. I think it's a matter of getting used to the feel. Driving around sanely I noticed that the boost gauge wasn't moving. I decided to lay into the throttle a bit to test it when getting on the highway and WHAM! She took off like a rocket! This is the fastest car I've ever owned and it is a blast to drive. Needless to say, the boost gauge works.

It's been a long haul. 519 days of reading every scrap of information about this car that I could lay my hands on. I remember the days of logging in to see if Robert had any new spy videos and watching those brief clips over and over again. Robert: I can't say thanks enough for everything you've done for the GT500 community. :beerchug:

I don't think I've smiled this much in a long time. Sure there are going to be better and faster Mustangs to come in the future but I've got this one and it's everything I hoped it would be.

:shift:

Congrats!! Was that you on saw on Thurs afternoon around 4:45 pm at Winston Churchill and the 403 ??? For the first time I saw one actually on the road. I saw a red one from a distance as I was coming south, caught up to it...........and said to myself 'yes', finally a real one on the road. Looked good

Thanks guys!

Was that you on saw on Thurs afternoon around 4:45 pm at Winston Churchill and the 403 ???

Yep, it was, although it might have been my son driving at the time. Was the driver a good looking young guy with a huge grin or a not-so-good looking old guy with a huge grin? :D

TwinTurbo found it and it should be in Vancouver early next week.

That's great news! Good to hear it worked out.

Thanks Dave!

Oh yeah, you can bet they weren't going to make that mistake twice!

Well I guess I can tell the story now that Joe has his Shelby!

My friend Rob who was #3 to receive his Shelby from Erinwood was never charged the Gas Tax. Erinwood called Rob to let him know that the car was in and gave him the final 'walk out the door' price. Rob went down to his bank, got a certified cheque made out for that amount and picked his car up. He noticed that there was no GG Tax written into the Purchase Agreement, but never said Boo. An hour after getting home the phone rang. It was Bruce the General Manager telling Rob that he had to come back and pay the GGT. Rob replied that he had a signed contract and a receipt for the car reading: Payment Made in Full. Rob said F :censored: -you and hung up. The next day Bruce calls again and Rob tells him to get the owner, Sean Hallett, to call them about it. Bruce didn't like that answer. Needless to say nobody called him back and it has been two weeks since Rob took delivery.

It's official, Rob is the First private buyer in Canada to pay Under MSRP for an 07' Shelby!! :hysterical:

My friend Rob who was #3 to receive his Shelby from Erinwood was never charged the Gas Tax. Erinwood called Rob to let him know that the car was in and gave him the final 'walk out the door' price. Rob went down to his bank, got a certified cheque made out for that amount and picked his car up. He noticed that there was no GG Tax written into the Purchase Agreement, but never said Boo. An hour after getting home the phone rang. It was Bruce the General Manager telling Rob that he had to come back and pay the GGT. Rob replied that he had a signed contract and a receipt for the car reading: Payment Made in Full. Rob said F :censored: -you and hung up. The next day Bruce calls again and Rob tells him to get the owner, Sean Hallett, to call them about it. Bruce didn't like that answer. Needless to say nobody called him back and it has been two weeks since Rob took delivery.

It's official, Rob is the First private buyer in Canada to pay Under MSRP for an 07' Shelby!! :hysterical:

That wins BEST STORY of the week!

Glad Rob made them stick to the contract. You better believe that if Rob had screwed up the dealer would have stuck it to him!

I was wondering where the heck you're from...then I did a search of Erinwood Ford...up in Canada...now I know why the snow came down! :doh: You're going to have to store that baby soon and wait until the nice weather returns!

Enjoy!

I was wondering where the heck you're from...then I did a search of Erinwood Ford...up in Canada...now I know why the snow came down! :doh: You're going to have to store that baby soon and wait until the nice weather returns!

Enjoy!

You've got that right Mark! Collision and Liability Insurance come off November 1st. To sleep she goes. :yup:

Archived