TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 SEMA Daily Coverage

The Mustang news will be updating their site daily.

This year’s theme is “American Muscle,” and Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Daimler Chrysler are all three co-sponsoring the event for the first time. This is going to make for the largest concentration ever of muscle car testosterone in one show. So, check back here daily as we update this page with the latest pre-show information!

Roush Performance / Ring Brothers "REACTOR" MUSTANG (see photo by clicking on link)

ROUSH Performance, a leader in Ford Mustang upgrades, will showcase a very unique Mustang dubbed "Reactor." This 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback took more than 2000 hours to build. The gorgeous deep metallic green vehicle is owned by Doug Hoppe of Sioux Center, Iowa who commissioned the Ringbrothers to rebuild the car with one simple objective - to contend for the 2007 Good Guys Street Machine of the Year award. "The Reactor is a car build that we are really proud of, and I know that Doug (Hoppe) is thrilled with how it turned out," said Mike Ring, Ringbrothers co-owner. "We did all we could with the car, and are very excited to debut it to the world in the ROUSH Performance booth at the SEMA Show."... click link for more of the story

http://www.themustangnews.com/eventcov/st-1006semaprev.htm

• 3 weeks later...

So I get about 4 differant E-mails from the team at Western Motor Sports and a business partner today. Their SEMA car is going on the truck to Vegas tomorrow AM and its a stunner!!!Here are a few sneak shots. It started as a body in white from FRPP, then Ford shipped them a development engine from the the V-12 Vanquish!! :happy feet: They stroked the crank to 6.2 l and added rods and pistons and their own engine management computer(I mentioned they are my tuner right? B ) and a stunning set of 12 cyl handmade headers to make it fit. It is over 600 horses N/A!!! They narrowed the frame rails and mini tubbed it for those huge rear wheels. Add in the GT500 style and voila, Project Vanquished!! The color is a BASF special called "Charizzma CANDY BLUE", and according to the gang, is amazing. And my buddy says it," sounds kinda like the A-10's cannon, kinda".

What do you folks think?

post-142-1161961867_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961883_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961901_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961915_thumb.jpg post-142-1162073782_thumb.jpgpost-142-1162073796_thumb.jpgpost-142-1162073816_thumb.jpg

post-142-1161961867_thumb.jpg

post-142-1161961883_thumb.jpg

post-142-1161961901_thumb.jpg

post-142-1161961915_thumb.jpg

post-142-1162073782_thumb.jpg

post-142-1162073796_thumb.jpg

post-142-1162073816_thumb.jpg

What doe you folks think?

post-142-1161961867_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961883_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961901_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961915_thumb.jpg

Engine looks amazing! Headers look a little crazy though. Not sure they provide better flow than simple manifolds (?)...I'd have to see the data.

I like the blue color, but it probably looks better in person.

What's up with black wheels? I know it seems like the "in" thing now, but I just don't get it. Black understates them and gives it a "tuner" look which is not campatible with the beast under the hood. Give me chrome anyday! Love the footprint though.

So I get about 4 differant E-mails from the team at Western Motor Sports and a business partner today. Their SEMA car is going on the truck to Vegas tomorrow AM and its a stunner!!!Here are a few sneak shots. It started as a body in white from FRPP, then Ford shipped them a development engine from the the V-12 Vanquish!! :happy feet: They stroked the crank to 6.2 l and added rods and pistons and their own engine management computer(I mentioned they are my tuner right? B ) and a stunning set of 12 cyl handmade headers to make it fit. It is over 600 horses N/A!!! They narrowed the frame rails and mini tubbed it for those huge rear wheels. Add in the GT500 style and voila, Project Vanquished!! The color is a BASF special called "Charizzma CANDY BLUE", and according to the gang, is amazing. And my buddy says it," sounds kinda like the A-10's cannon, kinda".

What do you folks think?

1160683994.jpg1161030267.jpg1161879553.jpg1161879461.jpg

Not to fussy on the wheels. 2cts

I have my own idea's about wheels, but it is after all a show car.

And the amazing part about the headers is that they are true equal lengths. I find out now that the tune in the engine(two seperate computer EEC units) was much higher, but they backed it down for EMISSIONS compliance! As a theroretical possibility!

What do you folks think?

post-142-1161961867_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961883_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961901_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961915_thumb.jpg

Sounds neat Jet. The color is a bit dark for me. The engine sounds sweet, powerful. I love the brushed aluminum look on the engine. The headers look like a squid having a seizure. I like simpler wheels...too many spokes for me. Those air filters in the 2nd pic aren't going to flow much air....covered in cellophane :hysterical: . I bet it's fun to be around all of the innovation, keep us informed.

Dave

Yeah, they look like someone threw a handful of spaghetti at the engine.

Wow...just read this. That's funnier than my squid comment. :wacko:

Dave

What do you folks think?

post-142-1161961867_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961883_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961901_thumb.jpgpost-142-1161961915_thumb.jpg post-142-1162073782_thumb.jpgpost-142-1162073796_thumb.jpgpost-142-1162073816_thumb.jpg

Think?! ;-) I'm still trying to get past :drool: Sure has come a long way, Rob, and those headers could hang in MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in Manhattan and would stop folks dead in their tracks.

I'll do my best to get a few pix that do it justice. Wonder who is or will be the lucky owner (maybe the floor-card will say).

Thanks for the sneak-pix, Rob

<edit:>

I checked out Western Motorsports website yeasterday and saw they have a limited number of GT500 front clips for sale -- hmmm, takeoffs??

Ok, so now I can't help but wonder ...when will the 650HP mod V10 from the concept Shelby roadster find it's way in (I know, not gonna happen ;-)

And who needs a back seat <lol> the FordGT 5.4 & transaxle should fit back there (nice dream, huh?)

• 2 weeks later...

Just some background. The Car was built for SEMA but will be driven to car shows all over western Canada and the USA. Some stats

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Project Name: Vanquish’d

Project Built By: Western Motorsports Inc., 223114 Range Rd. 285, Calgary, AB, T2P 2G6 (Canada)

Phone: 403/243-6205

Fax: 403/243-8102

E-Mail: fastford@wm ing.com

Powertrain/Drivetrain Type and Modifications: Aston Martin V12 stroker; Eagle rods, JE pistons, head, intake work; Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission; Mcleod Street Twin clutch; SDS programmable computer; MSD ignition

Chassis Type and Modifications: Baer Extreme six-piston 14-inch brakes; KW

Suspension coil-overs; Tru Trac differential; forged 19-inch wheels; Michelin tires, 345/30-19 in rear

Exterior Modifications: CDC Glassback roof; GT500 nose; BASF paint

Interior Modifications: Cobra Missano seats; aluminum dash; Apple iTunes entertainment system

Check wm ing.com for more

Just some background. The Car was built for SEMA but will be driven to car shows all over western Canada and the USA. Some stats

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Project Name: Vanquish’d

Project Built By: Western Motorsports Inc., 223114 Range Rd. 285, Calgary, AB, T2P 2G6 (Canada)

Phone: 403/243-6205

Fax: 403/243-8102

E-Mail: fastford@wm ing.com

Powertrain/Drivetrain Type and Modifications: Aston Martin V12 stroker; Eagle rods, JE pistons, head, intake work; Tremec T-56 six-speed transmission; Mcleod Street Twin clutch; SDS programmable computer; MSD ignition

Chassis Type and Modifications: Baer Extreme six-piston 14-inch brakes; KW

Suspension coil-overs; Tru Trac differential; forged 19-inch wheels; Michelin tires, 345/30-19 in rear

Exterior Modifications: CDC Glassback roof; GT500 nose; BASF paint

Interior Modifications: Cobra Missano seats; aluminum dash; Apple iTunes entertainment system

Check wm ing.com for more

Hey, Vanquish'd! Welcome!

Rob had filled us in a bit on the project recently -- so glad you stopped by here.

Did you actually show at SEMA after all? I searched everywhere for ya -- where was she?

Would love to see more pix if you have any to share at some point in here or on your website. Vanquish'd looks like such an outstanding one-off machine.

:idea:

Ok, for next year ;-) how about a complete Ford GT powertrain in a S197 -- who needs a back seat anyway?! :spiteful:

-Dan

Archived