TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have to share My Shelby Story

ShelbyDW

I've been driving the Shelby for a couple of months now, usually only on weekends. It never fails, the looks and attention the car gets either parked or going down the road. Peolpe do some strange things just to get a closer look at the car.

I went to an opening for a rather high class Winery Development tonight here in Texas. To my suprise it was Valet parking only. Cautiously I pulled in the circle drive with fountains and was greeted by the young gent ready to park the Shelby. A crowd of parking attendants gathered around the car and the yells began. I'll park it!

You can imagine what was going through my head at this point. After the auction or number drawing or however it was determined the lucky sole that was going to get in the drivers seat was over. A very nice young lad drove it around the fountain a few times and backed it into the first slot right next to the door at this swanky place. He smile and said that was the sextist car he had ever driven.

I told him I felt the same way. :shift:

ShelbyDW SGT0882

I had a couple pull along side of me & she leaned out the window to take pictures of my car with her cell phone they nearly forced me off the road as they drifted into my lane . These cars do draw attention,but sometimes it gets a little scary

I've been driving the Shelby for a couple of months now, usually only on weekends. It never fails, the looks and attention the car gets either parked or going down the road. Peolpe do some strange things just to get a closer look at the car.

I went to an opening for a rather high class Winery Development tonight here in Texas. To my suprise it was Valet parking only. Cautiously I pulled in the circle drive with fountains and was greeted by the young gent ready to park the Shelby. A crowd of parking attendants gathered around the car and the yells began. I'll park it!

You can imagine what was going through my head at this point. After the auction or number drawing or however it was determined the lucky sole that was going to get in the drivers seat was over. A very nice young lad drove it around the fountain a few times and backed it into the first slot right next to the door at this swanky place. He smile and said that was the sextist car he had ever driven.

I told I felt the same way. :shift:

ShelbyDW SGT0882

great post and welcome aboard

I told him I felt the same way. :shift:

ShelbyDW SGT0882

I'm here in TX as well and have been driving my black Shelby GT since Feb of 07. I still get doubletakes, looks, points, thumbs up, etc EVERY SINGLE DAY.

It has yet to get old. And the few times I have left it with a valet---it always gets parked out front.

Great story! It still amazes me, the attention this car gets. I espcially love the Porsche driver double-takes. They try not to look, but they can't stop!!

Wow!!!! I could never do that. I 've got a hard time lett'n my ol lady drive it.

Archived