TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New unregistered GT-H on ebay

JeffJ

• 2 months later...
I looked at their dealer website but don't see that Hertz. They do have another 06 Hertz for $35,000 with 17k miles so I would think they would want a lot more for this ebay one with 900 miles.

Looks nice.

Steve

I just sold my Vista Blue GT/SC and bought this car instead. Will be going to Tasca for Whipple/IC upgrade :shift::hysterical: :happy feet:

How long are you going to keep this one? :hysterical: Anyhow, congrats! Post lots of pictures as you get it done please!

Also, please tell us the story of this car on why it only had 900 miles!

Yeah, I understand your comment :hysterical:

Actually the reason for getting a new SGT in the first place was mainly because of the crazy import taxation system we have here. Initially I was looking to buy a GT-H coupe, but since all then ones for sale back then were the rentals with the miles on them, it meant I would have to import them as a used Shelby, and as the registration tax on used cars is based on the Tax authorities estimate on marketvalue, compared to new cars based on a fixed percentage based on purchase price of base car, a used Shelby GT-H would probably mean a tax increase compared to the brand new SGT of up to as much as $30-50K

First SGT was my GO 0064. Didn´t like the transmission, the notchy shifter, the very heavy centerforce clutch and the no low end Paxton power, so I decided to sell.

It turned out to be quite difficult to sell, but when I finally succeded and I was ready to register my whipple #1943, my mechanic gave me an offer I couldn´t refuse.

Must be destiny that I exactly 1 day after having sold the Vista Blue 1943 - already regretting - stumble across a "new" GT-H.

I´m pretty sure, this will be a keeper :dance:

Anders

I just sold my Vista Blue GT/SC and bought this car instead. Will be going to Tasca for Whipple/IC upgrade :shift::hysterical: :happy feet:

Anders

The car is still for sale on ebay as of this post. Did you buy this car or one like it?

If you worked out a deal on this exact car I would contact the dealer right away to find out why its still being shown for sale in an active auction.

Let us know if we can help.

Steve

Anders

The car is still for sale on ebay as of this post. Did you buy this car or one like it?

If you worked out a deal on this exact car I would contact the dealer right away to find out why its still being shown for sale in an active auction.

Let us know if we can help.

Steve

Yes, this is the car. Deal made directly with the dealer, so I guess he is just a bit slow on getting the auction pulled.

The history of this car according to the seller is that it belonged to a pool ( supposedly 8-10 cars) of GT-H´s from which executives could get a car from. Apparently this car never got assigned to anyone and was auctioned of at Ford dealer only auction.

Anyone to confirm this?

Thanks

Anders

Yes, this is the car. Deal made directly with the dealer, so I guess he is just a bit slow on getting the auction pulled.

The history of this car according to the seller is that it belonged to a pool ( supposedly 8-10 cars) of GT-H´s from which executives could get a car from. Apparently this car never got assigned to anyone and was auctioned of at Ford dealer only auction.

Anyone to confirm this?

Thanks

Anders

Working on this for you Anders. I will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Keep those pictures coming. Let me know what mods had to be done on the hood etc. All the details. Awesome. I am sure that # 50 will also get S/C. Just looking at all the options.

+1 I have a Whipple supercharger sitting in my attic that I was going to install on my vert, but have not had a chance to install it yet. I had been toying with the idea of installing it on the GT-H instead, but I don't like the idea of cutting up the hood. I'd love to see how the experts at Tasca modify the hood. Maybe it will change my mind.

+1 I have a Whipple supercharger sitting in my attic that I was going to install on my vert, but have not had a chance to install it yet. I had been toying with the idea of installing it on the GT-H instead, but I don't like the idea of cutting up the hood. I'd love to see how the experts at Tasca modify the hood. Maybe it will change my mind.

Congrats Anders!

And keep the pix coming. I too would be interested in seeing the hood mod.

Fred

But then it wouldn't be a GT-H :cry:

• 1 month later...
Almost ready now. Was on the dyno yesterday making 455,1 rwhp. SC instruments, modified strut tower brace, billet engine caps and new wheels have been put on as well, the limited edition CS69.

45592_P1010063.jpg

The car is dynamite my friend..........

I have a stupid question.

Does the car now recieve a new stripe like SHELBY GT-H / SC ?.............Thanks....Philip

The car is dynamite my friend..........

I have a stupid question.

Does the car now recieve a new stripe like SHELBY GT-H / SC ?.............Thanks....Philip

Thanks. Yes, I do think they are installing a set of custom GT-H/SC sidestripes. Still not quite sure if I think this i a good idea, but I will keep a set of originals for later if I decide to change back.

FWIW, I like just GT-H only on the stripe. Good idea keeping a set if you change your mind. If you get a chance to post a pic of the underside of the hood, I am curious how they modified it to clear the Whipple. Thanks.

Archived