TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trunk release button is where?

CMCVette

Dumb question, I hope, but do Mustangs have no interior trunk release? My daughter's Focus has one beside the steering wheel, & even my dealer said he didn't know of one in the Mustang! Of course the remote will open it & that's fine, but this seems odd--- or have I just never come across it?

I had the same question, and my wife made the (very logical) presumption that my car doesn't have a trunk release button (other than the remote) because it's a convertible. Therefore, you would want to be able to secure items in the trunk when it's locked and parked with the top down so that someone can't simply reach in and hit the release button. Made sense... Hard to believe the coupes don't have a trunk release button.

I thought it unusual at first, but , to me, once you get used to simply using the key fob its no big deal - just a matter of doing it a different way.

On the coupes there is a trunk release on the side of the rear seats.

Pull the little black strap, fold the rear seat back forward, crawl in the trunk and pull the "T" handle on the trunk lid. Voila!

Hard to believe that everybody has been going through all the trouble of carrying their key fob around to get in the trunk!

Pull the little black strap, fold the rear seat back forward, crawl in the trunk and pull the "T" handle on the trunk lid. Voila!

Hard to believe that everybody has been going through all the trouble of carrying their key fob around to get in the trunk!

:hysterical::hysterical2:

Actually this has saved my @$$ more than a few times at car shows when I left my keys in my cleaning bag or something and closed the truck! :banghead: There are more than a few shows where showing the trunk is not required and I've had to crawl in to get my keys!

:finger:

Archived