TEAM SHELBY FORUM

floor jack ( I need a lift)

shelbypowered

:headscratch: Is there a floor jack or an option for a floor jack to reach the four little lift notches we have on our cars- I have the stock jack that is a pain and quite frankly seems a little weak for our heavy cars- Is their a better jack out there? Change rear tires a lot and do not trust the jack on the front of the car- under search I typed floor jack no responses- I even see jack stands under our cars in pictures and wonder where those points can be- the manual only mentions the four spots- It would be nice if someone had a piece that would duplicate the end of the stock jack that could fit on a floor jack- yabber yabber- so what is everybody using- the gt 500 did not come with a jack thus some of us use the cobra 03-04 jack which I bet is not made for the heavy weight of the front of our cars- I have the ford girdle on the rear end and the directions clearly state not to use it as a lift point- I can make it with the little scissors jack on the rear but when I look under the car the four spots are the only ones theat look strong enough to me. Plus I do not mind peeking under the car when it is jacked up on those little jacks but dumb as I am I will not crawl under the car- If it has already been discussed which I would guess it has maybe someone could point out the link. If I have to use the jack points to lift the car where does the jack stand go? rs

:happy feet: :happy feet: Grabber your amazing- You have more information than google- and johnny on the spot- hope eveyone appreciates your efforts- You have a huge deal with keeping team shelby alive!

I'm glad to be of some help. Jacking these cars with out damaging them, and making them safe before you crawl under them is very importand to everyone. You can never be too safe.

:headscratch: the thread was great however post 60 showed a mod to a floor jack and I trust a floor jack more than the small scissors jack that we all use - has anyone or a company come up with an item like that- also could not see the red dots on grabbers post but will look again later as I am seeing crosseyed from reading so much. yes I blew the pictures up. what about the axle housing on the rear end for floor jacks?

• 2 weeks later...
Link to those items I mentioned to you.

www.protechproducts.net/jackpads

Thanks for the link. I need to take some measurements and order some of these for my floor jack:

http://www.protechproducts.net/jackpads.htm

And some of these for my jack stands:

http://www.protechproducts.net/jackstandpads.htm

I also noticed they have Jack Ramps to help you add 3 extra inches of clearance when you need to get a jack under a lowered car.

scroll to the bottom of this likn and take a look:

http://www.protechproducts.net/tools.htm

Archived