TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Job 2 Mods to the GT500

mrfarmdog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see any specifics here. No detailed speculation either. What am I missing? :sos:

Not sure what you want to see. :shrug: Ford has now said twice in print and also apparently on the hotline that they will revise the shock and strut valving, and some other site(Blue oval?) someone posted they are going to change a few bushings durometer as well. I'll post a thread for the parts guy, but I doubt it would be worth tossing a new set of shocks and struts over.(If you were going all the way to adjustables you would feel a differance though :D )

I also recall some news about a revised Spanish Oak/EEC processor spec as well, although that may have been for the 08 MY.

Not sure what you want to see. :shrug: Ford has now said twice in print and also apparently on the hotline that they will revise the shock and strut valving, and some other site(Blue oval?) someone posted they are going to change a few bushings durometer as well. I'll post a thread for the parts guy, but I doubt it would be worth tossing a new set of shocks and struts over.(If you were going all the way to adjustables you would feel a differance though :D )

Thanks for the summary, JETSOLVER! Sorry, I didn't see those details, but I'm sure I just missed them - some of that rings a bell now that you mention it.

This doesn't sound like a major upgrade to me. If they put in beefier control arms, then that might be something. The wheel hop is my biggest gripe with this car....:shift:

Is the wheel hop problem happening during launches or everyday driving? Someone mentioned that changing a couple bushings would help this, but is it just necessary for racers or daily driving?

it happens to me fairly frequently.... but i tend to drive pretty aggressively. even with traction control on, it can be a problem if you get on the gas......

would be nice if their is an easy fix to the problem.

Is the wheel hop problem happening during launches or everyday driving? Someone mentioned that changing a couple bushings would help this, but is it just necessary for racers or daily driving?

I'm just a regular guy who drives his GT500 everyday (at least I will until the snow starts flying). The wheel hop is a regular issue for me when I launch at a stoplight around town. It affects the acceleration, and it can't be good for the car with all of that bouncing and jerking around.

My understanding is that the control arms keep the back axle from rotating when the car is under acceleration, and the rotation of the axle when the car is under acceleration is the reason you get the wheel hop. I'm not sure what changing the bushing might do for this, but I'm not an expert in this particular area.

Any comments? :sos:

To each their own, but in Canada there is only one petrol company (SUNOCO) carrying 93-94 octane...and I have no intention of looking through a road atlas to try and map those out either here or in the US...which leads me to my next question which Petrol companies in the US carry 93-94 Octane...and no I don't plan on carrying Octane boost in the trunk of my car. Honda Odessey as well BONE DOC, with the NAV system...love em!! especially with the GPS tracking for GEO Caches...not sure if any one here does that sort of thing...might create a Shelby CACHE of sorts

You guys may also want to read up on this deck before dismissing it so decisively. It has some great features...

Jolly I don't want to know what you've been doing with a breast pump on the dash, but hey if it helps with your driving.... :party:

Cheers,

Requis

Archived