TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White stripe material

Afterburner

Anybody know who makes the vinyl stripe material for our cars? I have a gouge on the hood stripe that shows the paint under it and I'd like to try and cut a small piece to fill it in. I know it may not stay on for too long but it shows up pretty bad on a black car with white stripes. Just asking before I go to Autozone and buy some pinstriping material as it will probably be a different shade of white. Thanks.

Anybody know who makes the vinyl stripe material for our cars? I have a gouge on the hood stripe that shows the paint under it and I'd like to try and cut a small piece to fill it in. I know it may not stay on for too long but it shows up pretty bad on a black car with white stripes. Just asking before I go to Autozone and buy some pinstriping material as it will probably be a different shade of white. Thanks.

Why don't you buy from the dealer the smallest stripe (Probably the lower bumper) and use that for patching. That way you get the exact same material and color.

3m

The stripes are not made by 3M. They are printed/manufactured for Ford at Kay Automotive Graphics in Lake Orion, MI.

If it's a large "chunk" that is missing, the best thing to do is to replace the particular section of stripe as that way it will look right. A patch will stick out like a sore thumb. Touch up paint won't work that well either as the ink isn't the exact same as the corresponding vehicle color that would be used.

You can try lots of options, but the shortest path to getting your GT500 looking perfect again is to just replace the section of stripes... JMO though.

The stripes are not made by 3M. They are printed/manufactured for Ford at Kay Automotive Graphics in Lake Orion, MI.

If it's a large "chunk" that is missing, the best thing to do is to replace the particular section of stripe as that way it will look right. A patch will stick out like a sore thumb. Touch up paint won't work that well either as the ink isn't the exact same as the corresponding vehicle color that would be used.

You can try lots of options, but the shortest path to getting your GT500 looking perfect again is to just replace the section of stripes... JMO though.

It's only about a 1/16". that's why I think it will stand out less than the blacke paint below it. I though the stripes were sold as a complete set?

The stripes are sold by each section at the Ford dealer, if you can go there and get the part number for the stripe you need and you can order it online for much cheaper. That's what I did for the stripe on the top of the front bumper. It cost me around $30 to replace one of them.

The stripes are sold by each section at the Ford dealer, if you can go there and get the part number for the stripe you need and you can order it online for much cheaper. That's what I did for the stripe on the top of the front bumper. It cost me around $30 to replace one of them.

Thanks. Which site did you enter the part number in if you remember? I've been searching online for a few days and can't even come close to finding the individual stripe kits. All I find are side stripes on ebay or the whole stripe kit. Thanks.

http://www.directfordparts.com

I could not find the part on their website so I went to the local Ford dealership and had them pull it up for me. Then I put in the part number and wala! I saved about 40%.

Thanks. I contacted directforparts.com. to get the part #. I managed to get into their parts list. It shows the lower front kit to be about $36.00. They have two white stripe colors. one is oxford white and the other is performance white. I thought ours is oxford white but I'm not 100%. I gave them my vin so they should be able to tell me.

Just an update. I was ready to order from directfordparts.com but when I went to the final page to order, they want to charge $12.95 for shipping so I called my dealer just to see what they wanted. They wanted msrp which was only $3.00 more than directfordparts so I ordered through them and saved about 8 bucks worth of shipping charges.

Archived