TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirius Satellite Radio Upgrade Available

ratnacage

This message was sent out to dealerships this evening. If your 2006+ stang isn't equiped with factory satellite radio (wasn't available in 2006 or earlier), it can be upgraded now. Not available for 2005 models as of right now.

You may have to educate your local dealer - tell them to check their messages on "fmcdealer." There's more to the message, but I truncated it because the rest is just mumbo-jumbo about ordering the parts, etc.

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealer Principals, Sales Managers, Parts Manager, Parts Department, Service Manager and Service Department

Subject: Radio Upgrade Parts to Provide SIRIUS Radio Capability

Beginning in November, dealerships will be able to order radio upgrade parts that will enable existing factory audio systems with SIRIUS satellite radio service.

Most excellent. I regret not ordering that option.

Good form, Rat. :rockon:

Do you post, just to up your post count, seriously?

On another note, can we get XM instead of sirius? Also, not all head units may be compatible for this upgrade...at least that is what I have been told. Something to do with the radios being made by several different manufacturers, and not all of them using the same specs. The dealer will most likely punch in a code to get the radio version and then check for compatibility.

Do you post, just to up your post count, seriously?

On another note, can we get XM instead of sirius? Also, not all head units may be compatible for this upgrade...at least that is what I have been told. Something to do with the radios being made by several different manufacturers, and not all of them using the same specs. The dealer will most likely punch in a code to get the radio version and then check for compatibility.

My guess is that since Ford is contracted with Siruis (and have heavily invested in them), XM is not supported.

There is a chart that tells which kits fit which car year and model. This retrofit applies to all Ford vehicles going back as far as 2004. Mustangs from 04 can be done also, but 2005 is not available. It was not clear if this is temporary or if 2005 models simply cannot be done at all.

Here's the chart:

Note:

Two sets of satellite radio parts are available (ACP & MS-CAN)

Satellite Radio part installation not recommend for vehicles equipped with the Family Entertainment System (FES)

AM/FM only Radios are not compatible with the available parts

Ford

Model Year* Exceptions

2004/05 2006 2007

Crown Victoria ACP ACP ACP

Edge MS-CAN

Escape ACP ACP ACP ACP not compatible with navigation radio

Expedition ACP ACP MS-CAN ACP not compatible with navigation radio

Explorer ACP MS-CAN MS-CAN

F-150 MS-CAN MS-CAN

Five Hundred MS-CAN MS-CAN

Focus MS-CAN MS-CAN

Freestyle MS-CAN MS-CAN

Fusion MS-CAN MS-CAN Only available on MY06 J2 build or later

Mustang ACP (('04 only)MS-CAN MS-CAN No kit available for 2005MY

Ranger MS-CAN

Sport Trac ACP MS-CAN

Mercury

Model Year Exceptions

2004/05 2006 2007

Grand Marquis ACP ACP ACP

Mariner ACP ACP ACP ACP not compatible with navigation radio

Milan MS-CAN MS-CAN Only available on MY06 J2 build or later

Montego MS-CAN MS-CAN

Mountaineer ACP MS-CAN MS-CAN

Lincoln

Model Year Exceptions

2004/05 2006 2007

LS ACP ACP

Mark LT MS-CAN MS-CAN

MKX MS-CAN

MKZ MS-CAN

Navigator ACP ACP MS-CAN

Town Car ACP ACP ACP

Zephyr MS-CAN Only available on MY06 J2 build or later

* MS-CAN kit not available on vehicles with Family Entertainment System

Not compatible with AM/FM only radio

I asked my parts department about this - and they want $420 clams for this.

I may just check with Circuit City.

Why cheap-out over $420? You've probably spent upwards of $30k+ to make your car what it is. $420 = 1% If CC can make the install look like factory then ok, but if not, $420 is a small price to keep your less is more theme going (clean looks).

...of course it's very easy for me to spend your money too. :)

I won't try it till Spring, but I have a portable Sirius unit I'll probably install in the stang. The aux/power hookups in the center console will make it a breeze, I'll just have to figure out how/where to run the antenna so it doesn't look bad. I won't be able to see it, obviously, but all I listen to is ESPN Radio anyway.

I got mine a year ago for $70, so $420 for a dealer install is a little hard to swallow. That money could be better spent on much more fun things. :)

$425 here in West Palm Beach. I was told only 1500 kits were being released on first pass. Antennae goes on the dash up by glass. I have 4 accounts now and a Starmate sitting idle since the better half got a "built in" on her new 4 Runner. Torn between installing the Starmate or going with the upgrade. Would really rather spend the $$ on a BBK FAIK/TB set.

Archived