TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Congratulations to Adam O'Dwyer!!

ilmor

Adam - I and a few others always thought "why is he doing everythign through TASCA"? Well it seems you knew what you wer doing...building pedigree with a one-of-a-kind Shelby GT. That car is now in the record books. Great job and you had the balls to do it where a lot of us wouldn't have done it your way. You definately did it "your way".

Congratulations!

It has been a long road my friend and you have finally attined your goal. Congratulations and very well done!

This is a well thought out car with a specific direction from the begining. You have documented every step of the build and the memories will remain forever. What an thrill it must be to be able to pass this history along to AJ. I am sure you are very proud of this accomplishment.

Very well deserved my friend. Very well deserved.

Roger

Guys, it's not my intention to put a damper on this, but I do need to make sure some facts are made clear.

First, let me say that Adam is a huge shelby Fan and supporter and he has always tried to help us and support us. The Shelby song that was written by him and Barry(stump breaker) and recorded by Barry is amazing and his love of Tasca and Shelby are unmatchable. his enthusiam is unmatchable.

That said. The talks with Bob Tasca Senior and Junior were already completed when Adam first wrote to me in May 2007. We had already agreed that they would be the first mod center. Bob Sr. and Carroll go way back. Now, during these talks that were very private, Adam did continue to talk to us and did continue to solicit for Tasca, we just couldn't tell him we were already done and had made the decision because he probably would have brought his car there day one! :)

So, To keep the facts and the history correct, I had our first formal conversation in February 2007 this is after Carroll called Bob Sr., then we secured the relationship with dinner with the whole Tasca family in Ny at NY Auto Show in 2007 and showed them the press release on the super snake package that was coming as well. Since Bob did many of the cobra builds for Carroll in the 60's this seemed a natural fit.

We agreed that once we we were done pre title, Shelby GT and we finished our agreement with Scott Drake for the Shelby performance parts buiness, which was announced later that year in June, We would work on the mod centers and that they would be first. Unfortunately that took us a year to agree in contract and get both sides together with parts and supply issues resolved. But they were the first.

We love Adam's enthusiam, and he is a part of our brand, but we need the history to be correct for the Brand.

And as they say, the rest is history!

Amy

Guys, it's not my intention to put a damper on this, but I do need to make sure some facts are made clear.

First, let me say that Adam is a huge shelby Fan and supporter and he has always tried to help us and support us. The song he and barry (stump breaker wrote and Barry recorded and his love of Tasca and Shelby are unmatchable. his enthusiam is unmatchable.

That said. The talks with Bob Tasca Senior and Junior were already completed when Adam first wrote to me in May 2007. We had already agreed that they would be the first mod center. Bob Sr. and Carroll go way back. Now, during these talks that were very private, Adam did continue to talk to us and did continue to solicit for Tasca, we just couldn't tell him we were already done and had made the decision because he probably would have brought his car there day one! :)

So, To keep the facts and the history correct, I had our first formal conversation in February 2007 this is after Carroll called Bob Sr., then we secured the relationship with dinner with the whole Tasca family in Ny at NY Auto Show in 2007 and showed them the press release on the super snake package that was coming as well. Since Bob did many of the cobra builds for Carroll in the 60's this seemed a natural fit.

We agreed that once we we were done pre title, Shelby GT and we finished our agreement with Scott Drake for the Shelby performance parts buiness, which was announced later that year in June, We would work on the mod centers and that they would be first. Unfortunately that took us a year to agree in contract and get both sides together with parts and supply issues resolved. But they were the first.

We love Adam's enthusiam, and he is a part of our brand, but we need the history to be correct for the Brand.

And as they say, the rest is history!

Amy

well that's a bummer. :headscratch:

Congratulations Adam,

That's really cool. It's not everybody who gets their car in a magazine. We'll have to pick up a copy. I'm sure you bought all the copies up and down the eastern seaboard :hysterical: Seriously though, I'm really happy for you. That's really great.

Hope we can all meet up again at the CS86 Shelby Run II. :happy feet:

Archived