TEAM SHELBY FORUM

winter storage

fuzzhines

Can someone please help me this is my first year and first car I have had

that is worth storing through the winter months

I need help from should I use jack stands or no jacks stands, taking the battery out or buying a

charger.

So any helpful tips will be appreciated.

I put her up on jack stands last year. With 5-6 months of sitting, I didn't want flat spots on the tires. It also keeps the suspension from sagging. Many people do not use jack stands.

Get yourself a battery tender. The computer in the car never shuts off, so your battery will die in a few weeks of sitting. I pull the battery out of the car. Many people don't. There is a very slight chance of the battery leaking or exploding when it's on a tender. I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Do not set the battery on bare concrete. Put it on a bench or box..anything to keep it off the floor.

First you should make sure its clean , change the oil & filter check the air pressure on the tires I use a battery tender & check it several times I also keep a car cover on her . I keep mine in a garage that is heated & the floor has carpet with a rubbber backing. Do not jack it & never had a problem with the tires having flat spots .

Archived