TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are your plans

svttim

For a lot of us, the season is now over. Starting to think about what I am going to accomplish on my car. My 4.6 is being replaced with a 322CI 4 valve motor. While Im in the process, I want to replace the K member. I am looking for 10.5 inch wheels and would like to go with carbon fibre fenders. Of course, budget supporting :) Maybe I can hit the govenment with a bailout plan :hysterical:

For a lot of us, the season is now over. Starting to think about what I am going to accomplish on my car. My 4.6 is being replaced with a 322CI 4 valve motor. While Im in the process, I want to replace the K member. I am looking for 10.5 inch wheels and would like to go with carbon fibre fenders. Of course, budget supporting :) Maybe I can hit the govenment with a bailout plan :hysterical:

Which car of are you talking about Tim?

Most of you know of my commitment to Griggs (personal commitment, not a business commitment), but have you looked at Agent 47's SLA front suspension. It's essentually the same as Griggs, though not as sturdy as Griggs and doesn't have aluminum spindles as a upgrade, but at $3500, the Agent 47 SLA is considerably less coin. Seems like we rarely ever talk about Agent 47 here, but they are a serious contenter, parts manufacture and supplier to the NASA AI and AIX series'.

I've got a set of Jongbloed 305 Aero's in 18 x 10.5 waiting for me at Griggs, these wheels are 17.5lbs. each and a fan design, they blow air towards the brakes. Toyo R888's in 305/18/35 are going under the fenders on all four corners.

I'm waiting for the C&R radiator to arrive, once that goes in the battery will go to the trunk and a Racecraft intercooler tank will go into the battery tray under the hood to redistribute some weight.

My car is going up to Griggs today for it's 500 mile check-up and the Jongbloed/Toyos.

I am talking my 97. I really would like to upgrade to a newer Body style but cash is an issue. Anyone interested in trading for a 600 HP Saleen Cobra shoot me a PM. 1 of 7

I have Maimum Motorsports stuff not because I feel any loyalty to them but thats what my builder uses. I have seen the Agent 47 stuff and the Griggs stuff to and I am impresses with all of them. Well, I have a story I will tell about a particular Griggs car :) that may embarass them (well the diver anyway LOL) I think they all make quality parts

I am talking my 97. I really would like to upgrade to a newer Body style but cash is an issue. Anyone interested in trading for a 600 HP Saleen Cobra shoot me a PM. 1 of 7

Just a quick FYI - Agent47 has an SLA suspension for the '97 also (94-04) - $4400. Just sold one of these to an '04 Cobra owner. Took about 6 weeks for delivery (had to be built). In my last discussion with A47 they will have them in stock soon - so delivery shouldnt be an issue.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks

Page

I've got a set of Jongbloed 305 Aero's in 18 x 10.5 waiting for me at Griggs, these wheels are 17.5lbs. each and a fan design, they blow air towards the brakes. Toyo R888's in 305/18/35 are going under the fenders on all four corners.

I'm waiting for the C&R radiator to arrive, once that goes in the battery will go to the trunk and a Racecraft intercooler tank will go into the battery tray under the hood to redistribute some weight.

For the Blue GT500:

The Jongbloed's & Hoosier R6 315's all the way around, the C&R radiator, Griggs GR40-RT, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, LBA long tube headers w/Cat delete, weld in roll cage, 22 gallon ATL Fuel cell, quick release steering wheel, installation of Chase Cams and communication system.

That'll finish off this winter. Next year will be a new engine.

For the Vert:

Evo Stage 2. Putting it in this week hopefully.

For the Terlingua:

Bolt in roll cage, racing seats, fuel cell (if needed), and another set of rear pads.

For the Blue GT500:

The Jongbloed's & Hoosier R6 315's all the way around, the C&R radiator, Griggs GR40-RT, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, LBA long tube headers w/Cat delete, weld in roll cage, 22 gallon ATL Fuel cell, quick release steering wheel, installation of Chase Cams and communication system.

vapor08GT500 installed a Spec stage 3 clutch on his '07 GT500 and reported good results, you might want to drop him a PM and ask him his impressions yourself of the Spec 3 clutch. If you do, let us know what he says.

I'm going to be having the clutch/transmission TSB performed after my last HPDE this season on December 1st.

I'm thinking hard about the Agent47 SLA to go with my Griggs Gr40RT rear suspension + Trunk mounted battery & larger coolant reservoirs..................

And a lexan rear glass if I can swing it.

Lexan rear glas is easy to do yourself and cheap

I'm thinking hard about the Agent47 SLA to go with my Griggs Gr40RT rear suspension + Trunk mounted battery & larger coolant reservoirs..................

And a lexan rear glass if I can swing it.

Skip the Canton and go with the Moroso if you do. Better quality and less to go wrong. When I get my car back, I'll take some pics and explain better why Moroso to everyone. I'm replacing my Canton tank with a Moroso.

Archived