TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake dust!

Porterfield...

From what I read....they don't stop as quick as the stock ones.

....so that makes the stock ones safer.

Some day you may need a few extra yards of stopping power to save your arse. :huh:

Flame suit on. :extinguish:

:hysterical:

The fastest, easiest and cheapest way I've found to rid brake dust is a bucket, soap, rag and water.

Airborne

This works Wonders as well!! You'll never have to take off your wheels again(except maybe Rob/Grabber).

It's called the EZ Wheel Brush (autogeek $25.)Bends any way you want it to!! Work's Fabulously!! Chuck.

autogeek_2019_27327486.jpg

EZ3.jpg

This works Wonders as well!! You'll never have to take off your wheels again(except maybe Rob/Grabber).

It's called the EZ Wheel Brush (autogeek $25.)Bends any way you want it to!! Work's Fabulously!! Chuck.

autogeek_2019_27327486.jpg

EZ3.jpg

Now that's a tool I'm gonna buy.

Thanks. :happy feet:

Just keep in mind when you get a pad that produces less dust you will also have a pad that will fad faster. When a good pad is making dust it cuts down on heat. Less dust might stop just a good but not for as long. Thats why a Porsche brakes are so good but have a lot of brake dust.

From what I read....they don't stop as quick as the stock ones.

....so that makes the stock ones safer.

Some day you may need a few extra yards of stopping power to save your arse. :huh:

Flame suit on. :extinguish:

:hysterical:

I have RS-4 pads. I think they work much better than stock. It's all about the proper install and break in. I reccomend an on the car brake lathe. The problems come from just replacing the pads.

Another thing that helps is to wax your wheels.

I have found a light coat of Caranuba wax on the wheels really helps to ward off the dust. IT also makes it very easy to wipe the dust off as well.

I'm going to try your suggestion with the Caranuba wax. I picked up some Mother's cleaner/wax today and applied it to the wheels. It's the first time I've used Caranuba wax and it took some more elbow grease than for other types of wax - but the wheels look great. I'm hoping it will improve the brake dust situation, but pretty I'm skeptical.

I'm going to try your suggestion with the Caranuba wax. I picked up some Mother's cleaner/wax today and applied it to the wheels. It's the first time I've used Caranuba wax and it took some more elbow grease than for other types of wax - but the wheels look great. I'm hoping it will improve the brake dust situation, but pretty I'm skeptical.

I curiouse if it helps.

Are you pulling the wheels so you can get the entire inside of the inner surface waxed ?

I curiouse if it helps.

Are you pulling the wheels so you can get the entire inside of the inner surface waxed ?

Me too. I'll report back once I've driven it around for awhile.

I only applied the wax to the outside facing surfaces of the wheel.

Next time I pull my wheels for tire rotation from side to side like the manual say....I will be putting a couple coats of wax on the inside surface so my new brush removes the dust even easier.

th_Flames-BrakeHandles112.jpg

th_Flames-BrakeHandles113.jpg

th_Flames-BrakeHandles114.jpg

th_Flames-BrakeHandles111.jpg

I just took a 15 mile drive. Even with the Caranuba wax applied, there's a thin coat of brake dust on the wheels. The dust still accumulates on the wheels, but it might make it easier to clean off though.

Archived