TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dent in the Hood =[

08BlueCoupe

With 3334.4 miles on the odometer there is a DENT IN THE HOOD. Looks like a rock hit it to be honest with you. It's annoying, small, and i have no clue what to do. It's no more than half an inch wide. John Aka Sudguy4 told me i should call a local paintless dent remover, but do they go from the top or the bottom? If its the bottom they would have to drill through the small piece of sheet metal that meets with the radiator cover.

gallery_20700_610_26399.jpg

gallery_20700_610_34048.jpg

Probably hard to see, cursed iPhone. Ill take some better ones tomorrow.

+1 on the paintless dent guy. Just hope you can find a good one in your area. Some are a real nightmare. In town here there is a guy that I would not hesitate to call. He is a miracle worker and a fanatic. A local collector has him work on aluminum bodied cars for him. Simply amazing work. Good luck.

+1 on the paintless dent repair. I had a dent removed in almost the exact same spot, except it was closer to the edge and harder to get to.

And if all else fails, maybe you can get that Super Snake or KR hood you have always wanted!

I think what the OP is saying is that you can't get to the dent from behind because of the hood bracing. It's the hood bracing that he thinks might have to have hole drilled into it so that the paintless dent remover can get his tools to reach the back of the dent.

Either way take it to a paintless dent removal guy and see what he says.

Steve

We used one of those dent doctors on my son's RX7 down in Montgomery County, MD. It worked great, but the price was high - $100.00 for a dent the size of a quarter or less.

Keep in mind when doing something like this that the cost is not necessarily related to the size of the dent. A larger dent may take less time than a smaller dent. In addition, most of these guys come to you. Part of your cost is for the service call just to get the guy to show up! :shrug:

Keep in mind when doing something like this that the cost is not necessarily related to the size of the dent. A larger dent may take less time than a smaller dent. In addition, most of these guys come to you. Part of your cost is for the service call just to get the guy to show up! :shrug:

Good point esc.....the dent doctors in my area charge by panel, not the severity of the dent. So, if you have three dents in one door, it's $50.00 a panel.

Regardless of what the dent doctors charge in O8BlueCoupe's area, if he can get the dent fixed for even $100, that would be significantly cheaper than having bondo put in the dented area, repainting the hood, and restriping it.....I can only imagine how much that would cost!

Just a few more "cents" added to this topic. :lurk:

Archived