TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another dumb question,I hope.

I just finished changing my oil and noticed this hole in my manual transmission bell housing and I’m assuming it is supposed to be there. I have changed my oil before and I never noticed it, maybe because this is the first time I jacked it high enough to crawl completely under it, I usually jack it up just enough to reach the drain plug from the side since the filter can be changed from the front .I also just had a S/C installed and was wondering if I should continue to use 5w-20 as the owners manual calls for?

post-21350-1223757692_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff

post-21350-1223757692_thumb.jpg

I just finished changing my oil and noticed this hole in my manual transmission bell housing and I’m assuming it is supposed to be there. I have changed my oil before and I never noticed it, maybe because this is the first time I jacked it high enough to crawl completely under it, I usually jack it up just enough to reach the drain plug from the side since the filter can be changed from the front .I also just had a S/C installed and was wondering if I should continue to use 5w-20 as the owners manual calls for?

Thanks,

Jeff

Actually, SAI replaces the sticker under the hood with one telling us to use 5w 30 in our Shelby GTs. I would look there to see if they updated it when they installed the supercharger.

Archived