TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000's for convertible off hold

Shelby Jack

My Ford dealer has informed me that my convertible with the Shaker 1000

has been pulled and a VIN assigned. I couldn't believe it, but he showed me the

updated DORA dated Oct 4, 2006.

I also got a call from my dealer today replying to my question about the Shaker 1000 prob on the verts and he said he spoke to his contact at Ford and the "material hold" has been lifted....as of Oct 4th. My order is supposed to be pulled sometime in Nov or Dec and he said "so it shouldn't affect yours." Again, I won't hold my breath, but thought I would pass this along.

Scott

Great news! thanks.

I wonder if they got the vert's re certified at the higher weight or if the 1000 depends on other options to fit within the old cert weight. ...or?

Anyone know?

I read on one of the forums that the issue was with the brackets holding the subwoofers in the trunk. Apparently the vert has just enough twist compared to coupes that the brackets were cracking. Must have come up with a quick fix. I can't imagine that it took too much effort to come up with a stronger bracket system. (see info from CWHR)

Here's the cross ref to the other thread on this subject

-Dan

Who knows which way is up over there....?!

Got a call yesterday, on Sat by the sales manager where my vert is ordered. He wanted me to know he just received a message from his Ford regional rep telling him the Shaker 1000 was once again being put on hold and the order wouldn't be pulled until sometime after the first of the year, so I had a choice to make:

I guess you don't have to think long about what my answer was....let's see..get my hot new car "now" or wait to get an upgraded sound system and get my car in the unknown future...You guessed it. I changed the order to the Shaker 500. He said the car will stay on schedule as last discussed with me....hoping to have my order pulled in Nov or Dec.

That is the latest update from my guy. I just hope that his isn't behind the info curve (worse still the regional Ford guy behind the info curve), and it was lifted and they just are getting around to reading their month old emails. Actually he did call me last week to tell me the hold was lifted, as I reported here in an earlier post, on Oct 4th, so I took it this was new (bad) news.

We'll see..

I read on one of the forums that the issue was with the brackets holding the subwoofers in the trunk. Apparently the vert has just enough twist compared to coupes that the brackets were cracking. Must have come up with a quick fix. I can't imagine that it took too much effort to come up with a stronger bracket system. (see info from CWHR)

thanks, KCMO... I saw that right after post#3 so I posted a cross-ref link in post#5 above to the other thread ...and it sounds like it's on hold [again?] ...till next year now ;-)

Archived