TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Invisible Bra

colt

OK I found the company that have pattern for Shelby GT 500

http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/pattern_search.asp#Results

If you live close to Orange County CA, I found a guy that is certified to install these clear bra. I would like to negatiate with the guy for a group discount. So let me know. Below is his email responded to my requested:

Below are the available kits for your vehicle along with pricing. If there are any other areas that you are concerned about protecting but don't see, let us know and we can probable fabricate custom coverage. If you would like to go with the full protection package I can take over 20% off the price of the kits. The installation will run about $200 and should take between 3-5 hours. If you would like to pay with green cash I will also cover the sales tax.

Total cash price $695 installed. Includes standard Hood/ Bumper/ and Headlamp kits.

$400 for front bumper only.

We also offer Window tinting from $195 with lifetime warrantee and offer aNew Car Sealant Package (Polymer Paint sealant, fabric guard, and leather Sealant) for $225( dealerships charge a minimum of $4-500 for identical service). You may not be interested in that but I like to let all of our customers know as they appreciate dropping the car once and having everything done.

Because quality is priceless all of our work comes with an unconditional satisfaction guarantee as we strive to exceed your expectations. Our goal is to earn your confidence and loyalty in order to create a long term relationship with all of or customers. Please call if you would like to set an appointment or have any questions we can help you with.

Regards,

Sean Heiland

www.UltimateAutoCare.com

"Protecting and Perfecting Your Investment"

T. 714.412.4851

F.714.280.4499                                      

WWW.UltimateShield.com Coming soon!

T 877.70.Clear

"Paint Sealant???" Hel-lo - these cars are clear-coated.

"Fabric Guard" ?? Buy 2 cans of Scotchguard.

"Leather Sealant" ?? Gimmie a break.

Sorry, man. These products will probably not fare well on boards like this wherein we are usually pretty informed.

"Paint Sealant???" Hel-lo - these cars are clear-coated.

"Fabric Guard" ?? Buy 2 cans of Scotchguard.

"Leather Sealant" ?? Gimmie a break.

Sorry, man. These products will probably not fare well on boards like this wherein we are usually pretty informed.

I'm only concern about the clear bra not other stuff.

Notice I didn't comment on the clear bra.

I think a clear film can be a good thing on headlight covers - and perhaps hoods/bumpers if you drive a lot of Interstate miles.

But - do some research. The products seem to be expensive for what you get. And they're not all the same. I've read some less-than-complimentary reviews on some. Also - application seems to be key. I think I'd want to find someone to do it for me.

Perhaps the installer is key. If you can find someone who's been doing it for a while and has a good rep - go for it.

As far as the rest of the junk - don't waste your money.

Just my, as usual, very subjective opinion! :shift:

I can't imagine the clear bra looking that good unless its on a pair of DD's. Then again, I think the GT500 and the DD's look better with no bra at all. :party2: Sorry, I had to do it.

the clear bra (for your car!) is not something you should rule out until you take a look at a vehicle with it. I know 2 guys, BMW Z4 and older camaro show car, that have it, and both are very pleased. If you look hard, you can see a faint line where the bra ends and the bare paint begins. Otherwise, not noticeable. The fellow with the camaro said he was driving to a car show and a rock hit the front of his hood and flew over the top of the car. When he checked out his car upon arrival, he found no damage at all. For anyone who is planning to really drive their shelby much, it is worth at least investigating.

the clear bra (for your car!) is not something you should rule out until you take a look at a vehicle with it. I know 2 guys, BMW Z4 and older camaro show car, that have it, and both are very pleased. If you look hard, you can see a faint line where the bra ends and the bare paint begins. Otherwise, not noticeable. The fellow with the camaro said he was driving to a car show and a rock hit the front of his hood and flew over the top of the car. When he checked out his car upon arrival, he found no damage at all. For anyone who is planning to really drive their shelby much, it is worth at least investigating.

I'd like to see one live and up close to better gauge the quality and look.

+1 - you can't argue with a testimonial! Did you ask him who did the install and what the product was?

I think it's like window tint - sound idea - but depends on the particulars.

I actually think it is a 3M product, and only installed by the dealers. Yes, you are right, it is pretty expensive. But considering the cost of painting a couple of rock dings, not too bad overall. You can also do the mirrors (for those with cars having painted mirrors) and behind the rear wheel. My wife's freestyle actually came with something like this behind her rear wheels from the factory. The camaro owner also said that when he checked into it, he made sure that there was no type of sun block in the material, so any paint fading on the front would be uniform. The only thing on the shelby is that the stripes would probably rip if you ever decided to remove it.

Ask around and take a look at someone's. Its starting to become a bit more common.

motor trend

article with video

I actually think it is a 3M product, and only installed by the dealers. Yes, you are right, it is pretty expensive. But considering the cost of painting a couple of rock dings, not too bad overall. You can also do the mirrors (for those with cars having painted mirrors) and behind the rear wheel. My wife's freestyle actually came with something like this behind her rear wheels from the factory. The camaro owner also said that when he checked into it, he made sure that there was no type of sun block in the material, so any paint fading on the front would be uniform. The only thing on the shelby is that the stripes would probably rip if you ever decided to remove it.

Ask around and take a look at someone's. Its starting to become a bit more common.

motor trend

article with video

If I have to re-paint from a stone chip or dent then the stripes will be painted on also

• 4 weeks later...

If I have to re-paint from a stone chip or dent then the stripes will be painted on also

Ok one of the installer called me today and said the kit for Shelby is available, see the link. I will see how much and now I have 3 vendors to compare cost and quality.

http://www.xpel.com/products/configurator....p;submodel=4374

Ok one of the installer called me today and said the kit for Shelby is available, see the link. I will see how much and now I have 3 vendors to compare cost and quality.

http://www.xpel.com/products/configurator....p;submodel=4374

Yeah... that kit came from my car. See my post in the Mods section. Overall I'm very happy with it. It's my second 3M bra, the first was on my 06 Honda SI. I will say that for 2-3 days after the install, I would go back out and smooth the air out along the stripes. That really helped the film adhere tightly to the seam of the stripe and not leave much air in between. The kit was a little long along the splitter, but I think they may have made another adjustment to the kit after they made mine. My installer had to trim just a bit at the top of the splitter on both the right and left side.

Hope that helps!

Jason

Jason,

The problem you have is it on the bumper? Because I'm planning to install only the bumper.

Yeah, it was just a little too long on the front of the bumper so it went past where the black plastic splitter meats the bumper. I think they have since made a slight adjustment on the template but I'm not completely sure. It wasn't hard for the installer to trim it and make it fit completely though. Overall I think you will be happy with film. Just don't let bug guts sit on it too long as they can stain it. You can wax it normally, it just takes some extra effort to remove the wax along the edge of the film where it meets the paint.

Jason

Yeah, it was just a little too long on the front of the bumper so it went past where the black plastic splitter meats the bumper. I think they have since made a slight adjustment on the template but I'm not completely sure. It wasn't hard for the installer to trim it and make it fit completely though. Overall I think you will be happy with film. Just don't let bug guts sit on it too long as they can stain it. You can wax it normally, it just takes some extra effort to remove the wax along the edge of the film where it meets the paint.

Jason

Jason,

You said that you had to smooth the air out along the stripes. Is this also on the bumper? Did you used 3M or other such as venture-shields

Archived