TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road & Track???

iceman

I saw a mag. that was talking about the muscle car wars and didn't buy it - I skimmed through it in Target and think it was Road and Track. It talked more about the upcoming Challenger and really more about the Camaro than anything but did have a future of the mustang segment. It spoke of the 3 levels of Camaro calling the last one a "Shelby Slayer" with the LS1 engine etc. It may be true but i found it interesting that every one seems to be looking at that as the mark...Not just the Shelby as the top of the hill but the Mustang in general is the target at all levels.

The future of the mustang looked like a similar version to now but more aggressive form say 09 to 11 and the 2012 model which has to be very much at the in theory stages turns baboon ass ugly. It is that ulta modern look that while may have some aero dynamic advantages is not something I would want to walk out and see each day. My thought was better buy a mustang before 2012 model is out. I'm sure it will change by then but it looks to me like Ford is thinking they need to compete with Chevy on ugly styling and Chevy is clearly trying to compete with Ford on the HP and price range.

Should be some fun times ahead....but beware what comes after the cool muscle car stage as history has a way of repeating it self :)

When the SS Camaro comes out it will have a Super Charged engine, but it won't be a LS1. It will have around 500-550 HP. The base model Z28 will have around 425, it will come out first. I'm sad to say it, but the SS will be a GT 500 Slayer. After a pulley change it will be even more of a slayer. More cubes than the GT 500.

Tim :shift:

When the SS Camaro comes out it will have a Super Charged engine, but it won't be a LS1. It will have around 500-550 HP. The base model Z28 will have around 425, it will come out first. I'm sad to say it, but the SS will be a GT 500 Slayer. After a pulley change it will be even more of a slayer. More cubes than the GT 500.

And I'm sure the Price will be supercharged with a ultra high ADM also. What's even more funny is that Chevy has to start over from scratch & design a brand new car while Ford just thru in the detuned GT40 motor. My guess is we'll see a GT500KR the same year the supercharged Camero comes out just so Ford doesn't get behind in the Motor wars

• 2 weeks later...

Yea maybe, but it is F***'in UGLY and I'll believe it when I see it!

Gee, I read a number of articles on the new Camaro and they all said the base Camaro was a 6 banger, the next step was the 5.3 liter and maybe the top dog was the LS2 maybe the LS7 at some point in the future (Maybe)

So is this wishfill thinking or do you have a reliable source for this information. I would like to read it if you do, don't want to be behind in the rumor department ya know. :sos:

Archived