TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C&R Racing Dual Pass Dual Puller Fan Heat Exchanger

I have been working with C&R racing on a dual pass dual puller fan heat exchanger to help reduce the after supercharger air temps. The prototype unit will be in hand and test on the road course at Homestead October 25. The combined CFM will be 1100 pulling the heat out of the heat exchanger which will reduce the temperature charge and help to maintain power. I'll post up more after testing but if we see the downstream temperatures we are expecting this will be a must have as the computer will not pull timing for the higher air temp charges which is inherent with these cars.

Here's to going faster, longer!

I have been working with C&R racing on a dual pass dual puller fan heat exchanger to help reduce the after supercharger air temps. The prototype unit will be in hand and test on the road course at Homestead October 25. The combined CFM will be 1100 pulling the heat out of the heat exchanger which will reduce the temperature charge and help to maintain power. I'll post up more after testing but if we see the downstream temperatures we are expecting this will be a must have as the computer will not pull timing for the higher air temp charges which is inherent with these cars.

Here's to going faster, longer!

Please post the outcome and your opinion when done. It would be ridiculous to have an SS that gets heatsoaked almost immediately. I have heard of some increasing pulley size, but that steals power. I want reasonably hi boost levels with low IAT's and good cooling. That may require more than just a new heat exchanger, but we will soon find out. Thanks for going forward with these upgrades.

Please post the outcome and your opinion when done. It would be ridiculous to have an SS that gets heatsoaked almost immediately. I have heard of some increasing pulley size, but that steals power. I want reasonably hi boost levels with low IAT's and good cooling. That may require more than just a new heat exchanger, but we will soon find out. Thanks for going forward with these upgrades.

Too funny, you are in Boca? Where about? I grew up in Boca.

JAS 427 increased his pulley size for the road course and it helped him on his SuperSnake. My goal is to try and run similar boost pressure as a Supersnake 725 option has (15-17 lbs) so that we can datalog the IAT2's and I can truly see the difference in downstream temps during a 25 minute beat down session.

This should make a big difference. I've worked with some really intelligent people on the radiator we designed and the discussions with respect to the heat exchanger. Ford Racing, SVT, Jon Lund and Justin Starkey, Bill Woebkenberg.

With the new radiator my temps dropped dramatically. in the neighborhood of 35+ degrees. The car pulled less timing and was noticeably more powerful however as the blower heat soak set in and the exchanger became less efficient the computer began to pull timing thus the reason for the focus on the heat exchanger and the dual puller fan set up.

Archived