TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Five Passenger Dodge Rampage Prototype

All production Dodge Rampage trucks came with just two seats but somewhere along the line Chrysler designers came up with the concept of turning a Dodge Rampage into a Dodge Ramcharger SUV.

This prototype has no rear cab wall which lets passengers climb into the rear seat from the front doors. Also notice the high back front bucket seats.

I wonder if this Chrysler designer used to work for Pontiac? Take a look at the hood decal. A little over the top don't you think?

Also gotta love that roof rack. Not sure what you would carry up there but someone thought it was a good idea.

The two attached pics are of different Rampages. Besides the wheels one has silver stripes while the other has red stripes.

Thought you guys might enjoy some L body wackiness.

Steve

Rampage1.jpg

Rampage2.jpg

Rampage1.jpg

Rampage2.jpg

My first payment car was a 82 Rampage and the thing had the snug tight canope on it. So there rear window was removed and it was heated or cooled. I also had carpet and foam added to the back sides and floor. Mobil bed after work and I pulled the bottom and used it for work during the day. Just had the power of a lawn mower with the carb 2.2, and 3.05 geared 4 speed/

Dunno where you get this stuff Steve but B) I have one of the four passenger Rampages and it doesn't look at all like those. I'll put up pics when I get it back from Line-X today (two weeks late :censored:).

Alan

Dunno where you get this stuff Steve but B) I have one of the four passenger Rampages and it doesn't look at all like those. I'll put up pics when I get it back from Line-X today (two weeks late :censored:).

Alan

It was looking at your 4 passenger Rampage the other night that gave me the nudge to post the suv version from Chrysler.

Are you trying to set a Rampage weight record? Your engine compartment weighs more than stock. Your interior weighs more than stock. And now your bed weighs more than stock.

Hmmm maybe its time for the first twin turbo Rampage to help propel all that extra weight.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Still loving the one pic per post rule here...

Sorry but that's a Dodge rule here. One pic per person per day :hysterical:

But seriously you can post more than one pic per post if you resize your pics to a more reasonable size. Your last pic had to be reduced 97% for the thumbnail and it still took up the majority of available space for that post.

Photoshop is your friend.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The two attached pics are of different Rampages. Besides the wheels one has silver stripes while the other has red stripes.

Thought you guys might enjoy some L body wackiness.

Steve

Nobody noticed the fender flairs? Not as wild as the ones shown in ShelbyTimes but it would be nice to have.

Archived