TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Active Alarm

Anyone have any issues with false alarms from the active alarm system?

No pattern but the horn sounds off occasionally with no provocation.

Tried locking the doors with key instead of fob... still sets on occasion.

Any thoughts

TIA

Apparently I have this Active Anti-Theft thingy too, according to the sticker, but not really sure what it is. Dont know if its disabled or what but havent heard a chirp out of mine. I guess Im not too worried about it because of my 110 lb Dobie and my , lets say, small arsenal waiting for some one to test the Dobe and weapons on. Now thats a real "Active Anti-Theft"

Maybe its in Valet Mode, if there is one. :shrug:

Apparently I have this Active Anti-Theft thingy too, according to the sticker, but not really sure what it is. Dont know if its disabled or what but havent heard a chirp out of mine. I guess Im not too worried about it because of my 110 lb Dobie and my , lets say, small arsenal waiting for some one to test the Dobe and weapons on. Now thats a real "Active Anti-Theft"

Maybe its in Valet Mode, if there is one. :shrug:

If you take your driver's side window down, lock the car with your remote, and allow a few minutes to pass. Stick you hand into the car and your alarm should go off (that's if you have the Active Alarm). I noticed it when I was getting if from the dealer and it was locked with the windows down while I was talking with someone. I reached in to put the paper work in the passenger seat and set the alarm off. I was impressed that it worked.

ya, my car did the same thing with the window down and alarm set by key for. At first i thought someone was trying to open the door , ( i was at a car show). Then I reached into the back seat to grab a coat and I set the alarm off too.

I was wondering what those things by the over head lights were, now i know...

Anyone have any issues with false alarms from the active alarm system?

No pattern but the horn sounds off occasionally with no provocation.

Tried locking the doors with key instead of fob... still sets on occasion.

Any thoughts

TIA

I have not had any false alarms,but it will go off if the plane of the car is changed while the doors are locked.I lock my car out of habit every time I get out of it and when I jacked it up to change the oil it went off.

Jeff

Mine went off while on a ferry ride at the OBX with the windows up and the car locked. I guess the vibration from the ferry's engines set it off?

I was reading about it the other day and it said a change in the pitch (like it putting it on a roll-back) would set it off to deter theft by wrecker. That may of been why it went off.

Mine went off while on a ferry ride at the OBX with the windows up and the car locked. I guess the vibration from the ferry's engines set it off?

If you lock the doors with the key rather than the key fob, it will disable the alarm's incline sensor and motion detector.

The alarm arms itself 20 seconds after locking the vehicle.

Archived