TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1 of 2 GT500s built

Im posting this here, because not everyone goes into the for sale threads.

Monday we bought a 08 GT500 at the Ford Factory sale. When it came in on Monday night I noticed that it didnt have the OTT stripes and has a BLACK spoiler on a Vapor car.

Since Tuesday I have been trying to find out why the spoiler is painted black. Coldy got me and email to WHQ. So I emailed them this morning and he told me that this is one of only 2 cars with the black spoiler. Ford was having paint concerns with Vapor on the door handles, spoiler and fascias. This car was sent to WHQ and only Alan Mually, Bill Ford Jr, and few other execs drove it. It was always garaged at WHQ.

I dont know if this helps the value of the car, but sure gives it a GREAT history!!!!

I will post pictures tomorrow.

MM

PICTURES PLEASE.

NOT TO MENTION ; I AM CURIOUS TO THIS CARS REAL STATUS. I THOUGHT THE THE SIX STRIPE

DELETE GRABBER ORANGE VERT CARS WERE THE RAREST ; AND THEN THE OTHER STRIPE DELETE

CARS. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHAT SVT/FORD PERFORMANCE GROUP HAS TO SAY

ABOUT THIS CARS VIN # AND IT'S PRODUCTION STATUS. :headscratch:

SCOTTY

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

PICTURES PLEASE.

NOT TO MENTION ; I AM CURIOUS TO THIS CARS REAL STATUS. I THOUGHT THE THE SIX STRIPE

DELETE GRABBER ORANGE VERT CARS WERE THE RAREST ; AND THEN THE OTHER STRIPE DELETE

CARS. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHAT SVT/FORD PERFORMANCE GROUP HAS TO SAY

ABOUT THIS CARS VIN # AND IT'S PRODUCTION STATUS. :headscratch:

SCOTTY

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

Well since you asked!

Just talked to them. The car is not a stripe delete, but WAS shipped to WHQ without stripes!

Build date is 7-17-07 (was told a preproduction car)

#66 of all coupes built

#15 of Vapor coupes.

Pretty early with a VERY COOL history!!

MM

VERY COOL CAR ; AND PRE-PRODUCTION / PATTERN CARS ARE WORTH SOME HISTORICAL

VALUE OVER THE YEARS. I OWNED A 1968 RAM III GTO. IT WAS A PRE-PRODUCTION PATTERN CAR

AND HAD EXTRA GOODIES; SUCH AS POWER SEATS ; AC ; AM/FM RADIO ; REAR DEFROST.

ALL IN ALL THE CAR SOLD FOR ABOUT 20 THOUSAND MORE THAN AN IDENTICAL NON PRE-PRODUCTION

CAR I OWN AND SOLD TO A COLLECTOR THAT BOUGHT BOTH AS A PAIR.

I looked at that one at the Dearborn meet. It was up inside the front offices in the garage building. I was told that it was Bill Ford Jr's daily driver. I knew someone was going to get a piece of history at the next auction.

Ding Ding Ding you win big!!!!

Yes, he explained the history, one problem was the paint on the rear bumper did not really match the rest of the car, they did have a problem and it looks like a bad paint job

History or not, I would rather have an original paint car

You will have to tell somebody the history as it will be a little know fact in 10 or more years

I guess this is a typical Saleman, but I dont know what the car is worth! I guess you treat it like a GT500 and let someone down the road make the money on it. I know the GT500s arent investments, but if your going to put one away this might be the car to do.

MM

My GT500 was an investment in something that gives me great pleasure. No regrets in that decision.

Im posting this here, because not everyone goes into the for sale threads.

Monday we bought a 08 GT500 at the Ford Factory sale. When it came in on Monday night I noticed that it didnt have the OTT stripes and has a BLACK spoiler on a Vapor car.

Since Tuesday I have been trying to find out why the spoiler is painted black. Coldy got me and email to WHQ. So I emailed them this morning and he told me that this is one of only 2 cars with the black spoiler. Ford was having paint concerns with Vapor on the door handles, spoiler and fascias. This car was sent to WHQ and only Alan Mually, Bill Ford Jr, and few other execs drove it. It was always garaged at WHQ.

I dont know if this helps the value of the car, but sure gives it a GREAT history!!!!

I will post pictures tomorrow.

MM

Glad I was able to help you out, my good pal discount fee is....... this car!

:happy feet:

MM

Great find ..... to the right person this car should bring big bucks ..... Now if you could only get Carrolls and Bill F''s signature on the passenger side dash .... WOW ...

Good stuff. Enjoy the concert!

Now i might have to just drive down there again to see your new car cover and that rare shelby you have now. :shift:

Come on and bring a date and ALOT of money. Take her to the fair! Not the ordinary country fair. This thing bring in 600K folks in 10 days.

MM

Just alittle update on the GT500. I spoke with Auto Alliance today.

I was told that about 40 Vapor Mustang were built with the black spoiler. This includes GTs, V6s and GT500. Only 2 of them were GT500s.

Because the car was going to go into company service and not to the public they decided NOT to put the OTT stripes on the car and save that money.

I did find out the the other car did make it to the dealer and they called complaining about the black spoiler. AA told them how to fix it, so that car was painted to match.

This is the only GT500 with the black spoiler LEFT!!

MM

Archived