TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Decal

Please NO RABBITS! The car is amazing already by itself and stands on it own just as it is. Bottom line the car is not a Rabbit. Only the Terlinguas built by Shelby or Shelby Mod Shop is a real Rabbit. Anything else is just a poser. Even though the Rabbit is a longtime symbol of Shelby with historical significance dating back more than 40 years it does not make your car a Rabbit. Rabbits and ponies? If you wanted a Terlingua you should have bought one. What is this some kind of Horse-Rabbit? Are you kidding me? I for one don't think slapping a bunny on your car is any kind of tribute. A rabbit decal doth not a Terlingua make. Just say NO to RABBITS!

just kidding - rabbit on!

:hysterical:

The Terlingua coat of arms is very historic. It has been a Shelby trademark since the early '60s representing the Terlingua Racing Team. Anyone displaying this symbol is simply reflecting on their admiration of Carroll Shelby and his many accomplishments. Only very recently has this heritage transferred to a particular automobile, the Terlingua, designed and assembled by Shelby. Placing the crest on your Shelby do not mean it's a Terlingua. I also have decals from the Bullrun, a bull head with long horns. There's one more animal you can count. BTW, the rabbit's name is "Lucifer". Read more here?

http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/viewexp...xperience_id=94

Get your official Terlingua stuff here...

http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/

The Terlingua coat of arms is very historic. It has been a Shelby trademark since the early '60s representing the Terlingua Racing Team. Anyone displaying this symbol is simply reflecting on their admiration of Carroll Shelby and his many accomplishments. Only very recently has this heritage transferred to a particular automobile, the Terlingua, designed and assembled by Shelby. Placing the crest on your Shelby do not mean it's a Terlingua. I also have decals from the Bullrun, a bull head with long horns. There's one more animal you can count. BTW, the rabbit's name is "Lucifer". Read more here?

http://www.carmemories.com/cgi-bin/viewexp...xperience_id=94

Get your official Terlingua stuff here...

http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/

Absolutely. I was just poking fun. :poke:

Sort of off topic but since I see this one going nowhere I must say someone on here has a White SGT with the Terlingua decals and yellow pit stripes. Looks Great. I was thinking of copying that set up but still not sure about stickers on the paint.

Sort of off topic but since I see this one going nowhere I must say someone on here has a White SGT with the Terlingua decals and yellow pit stripes. Looks Great. I was thinking of copying that set up but still not sure about stickers on the paint.

That was my lighthearted attempt at humor regarding the whole "snakes / no snakes" "clones/recreations/tributes" debate. Thought I would throw in the "rabbit" reference in place of "cobra" or "snake" to see who was paying attention. :)

Seriously speaking, I think the Terlingua decal (and pit stripes too) looks great on the coupes. The coupes look more like race cars. I don't think it would look good on my convertible.

p.s. I am putting some snakes on my SGT and I have a VW Golf TDI that I plan to put a VW Rabbit emblem on too :) Just cause I love the the style and looks of the emblems! Heck, while I am at it, I might even change my F250 emblem to F750 (just kidding)!

I am gonna have fun with this car when I get back!

The Terlingua coat of arms is very historic. It has been a Shelby trademark since the early '60s representing the Terlingua Racing Team. Anyone displaying this symbol is simply reflecting on their admiration of Carroll Shelby and his many accomplishments.

Gentlemen,

The nearly half a century old rich racing history of Shelby American at the very pinnacle of motorsport sets Shelby Automobiles apart from any of their modern-day counterparts. God bless Carroll Shelby.

Chip

Gentlemen,

The nearly half a century old rich racing history of Shelby American at the very pinnacle of motorsport sets Shelby Automobiles apart from any of their modern-day counterparts. God bless Carroll Shelby.

Chip

Bravo! Well said, sir!

Archived