TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Owners, better check radiator hose

svtkeith

I had my Shelby on the dyno on the weekend, and I noticed the long radiator hose in front of the engine seems to be wearing on the power steering pulley shaft end. It could be disastrous if it went unnoticed. Look real well just in front of your power steering pulley, you may have to pull the hose out and turn it up slightly to see exactly what I am talking about. There's way too much slack in this hose and I'm assuming running it hard thru the gears 1st, 2nd and 3rd causes the hose to sway into the pulley, maybe it's just mine but check it out. Good Luck.

svtkeith

I had my Shelby on the dyno on the weekend, and I noticed the long radiator hose in front of the engine seems to be wearing on the power steering pulley shaft end. It could be disastrous if it went unnoticed. Look real well just in front of your power steering pulley, you may have to pull the hose out and turn it up slightly to see exactly what I am talking about. There's way too much slack in this hose and I'm assuming running it hard thru the gears 1st, 2nd and 3rd causes the hose to sway into the pulley, maybe it's just mine but check it out. Good Luck.

svtkeith

Ahhh yes, the radiator hoses. This has been the only issue I've had with mine. Dealer pressure tested system and found (not to their surprise) a leak on one of the large hoses at the front left of the engine. A couple of SVT Techs told me the spring clamps on the hoses are the "weak link". They do not like them with high powered engines. They replaced them with matching "worm gear" clamps and all is well now.

Yes, be aware of this!

Hey 2008, Are you talking about all of the "spring style" radiator hose clamps? Or just the larger ones. There are a number of different sizes visble on top and I imagine a few not so visible down under. Do you have a count on how many they changed on yours :sos: ?

There was only 1 large hose leaking on the top front left (behind the reservoir). But, because there are 2 of these large hoses next to each other and I didn't want to have one with one clamp and one with the other I had them replace both large hoses clamps to match. So far no leak.

There was only 1 large hose leaking on the top front left (behind the reservoir). But, because there are 2 of these large hoses next to each other and I didn't want to have one with one clamp and one with the other I had them replace both large hoses clamps to match. So far no leak.

I can see it now, in thirty years '07 GT500 owners will be thrown into the modified class at carshows because they don't have the factory hose clamps! Damn the bad luck!

I can see it now, in thirty years '07 GT500 owners will be thrown into the modified class at carshows because they don't have the factory hose clamps! Damn the bad luck!

:hysterical:

We'll just have to fake-'em-out and super-glue the hose on and then use the stock spring clamp ;)

Archived