TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One-of-a-kind “Warriors in Pink” Shelby GT-500 official pace car

On a serious note, allow me to say that we lost my 61 year old mom to breast cancer a little over two years ago after a painful three and a half year battle - metastatic at presentation, and this depite having on-time annual mammograms. She is sorely missed.

As an internal medicine physician, I can also attest to the often long, drawn-out, and painful courses we often see with this disease.

While the color of the Shelby on this site leaves much to be desired :fan: I applaud their focus and the attention it has given to this cause. :rockon:

For all of you ladies and gents with enough disposable income to plunk down on a Shelby (and maybe an ADM too), please consider giving a little bit back this year to this or the cancer fund of your choice. I know I have. :shift:

Paul

Hi Paul -

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Cancer is a sore subject with me.

It seems like most everyone I know has a cancer story.

Three thousand people lost their lives on 9.11. Result? A "War on Terror." Cost? Hundreds of billions and thousands more lives.

On our highways, 35-50 thousand lose their lives each year. Where is our War on Traffic Fatalities?

I think I read that over 5 million lose their lives every year to some form of cancer. Where's the War?

When I was a young lad, we lived in Chicago. Dad had a 1956 Austin-Healy. He took me several times up to Elkhart Lake to watch the races. I think I remember a driver named Lance Reventlow. Perhaps someone can confirm this? Did he drive a Scarab? Good memories. On the way home, top down - passing cars....

edit: Thanks, CWHR! You were thinking of me.... :wub:

On a serious note, allow me to say that we lost my 61 year old mom to breast cancer a little over two years ago after a painful three and a half year battle - metastatic at presentation, and this depite having on-time annual mammograms. She is sorely missed.

As an internal medicine physician, I can also attest to the often long, drawn-out, and painful courses we often see with this disease.

While the color of the Shelby on this site leaves much to be desired :fan: I applaud their focus and the attention it has given to this cause. :rockon:

For all of you ladies and gents with enough disposable income to plunk down on a Shelby (and maybe an ADM too), please consider giving a little bit back this year to this or the cancer fund of your choice. I know I have. :shift:

Paul

I'm with you Paul. Lost my mother in law in April this year. I second your proposal for donations to a cancer fund and have given myself.

I'm with you Paul. Lost my mother in law in April this year. I second your proposal for donations to a cancer fund and have given myself.

I pledge money every year & I am a relay for life walker every year also ( I urge you too also) . Please help the Cancer Foundation of your choice to help with research on finding a cure for this disease that kills way more family & friends than it should. $5 here & 10$ their or $1000 for you ADM people could help even more, please give help in prolonging life & finding a cure.

Thanks, guys! CWHR, sorry to highjack your thread. It seemed like the thing to do at the time, and I didn't think Ruf would mind. You guys are the best.... :shift:

Not a problem, I found it today & I was having fun with it since RUF likes PINK Mustangs. But your right we need to make more people aware of this growing problem.... I choose to help be a part of the solution & urge many more here to do the same!

Paul

Paul: I am so sorry to hear about you and your families loss. I know how you feel. The void is tremendous, and the heart is wounded. I commend all who are involved in cancer research. It is so very importand. Paul, I have an undescribeable respect for doctors like yourself. What you folks do for others is so often overlooked. At 45, and never been sick before, I experianced 3 surgeries myself this summer to remove a large growth of melanoma cancer under my eye. You doctors are heros for so many of us. I truley believe our Lord God works thru his people including the doctors that save our lives. Your Mom is in my prayers.

Whoa-up, there, parder.

Who said I was painting my car pink???

Don't go starting any rumors!

Ruff: Sorry for all the confusion. I just thought with all the photoshop work being done on your car, that this was gonna happen. Looks like no Blower for you. :unsure:

Ruff: Sorry for all the confusion. I just thought with all the photoshop work being done on your car, that this was gonna happen. Looks like no Blower for you. :unsure:

Do you mean Ruf had to photoshop his car black before he posted the picture? :hysterical:

Rob, thanks for your kind and heartfelt comments. They are appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenge you have faced with your melanoma diagnosis and its treatment. I hope that all is well, and I'll remember you in my prayers as well.

Archived