TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anyone Know How They Apply The Stripes?

Jolly Roger

Does anyone know?

The stripes on my car are really nicely done. I noticed that they are a uniform distance around various features on the car like the license plate recess, the heat extractors, the windshield washer nozzles, etc. I'm having a hard time believing that the stripes and the necessary openings were completely cut BEFORE they were applied, because I don't know how they could line everything up so well. I'm also having a hard time believing they cut the stripes AFTER they were applied, since that would damage the finish at the edge where the blade would go (even if the blade were only exposed a small fraction of an inch). I don't see any scores in the clearcoat.

Does anyone know the answer? :shrug: However they did it, it looks like a very difficult job to do right....

Does anyone know?

The stripes on my car are really nicely done. I noticed that they are a uniform distance around various features on the car like the license plate recess, the heat extractors, the windshield washer nozzles, etc. I'm having a hard time believing that the stripes and the necessary openings were completely cut BEFORE they were applied, because I don't know how they could line everything up so well. I'm also having a hard time believing they cut the stripes AFTER they were applied, since that would damage the finish at the edge where the blade would go (even if the blade were only exposed a small fraction of an inch). I don't see any scores in the clearcoat.

Does anyone know the answer? :shrug: However they did it, it looks like a very difficult job to do right....

They are cut before being applied. You can purchase them over the counter pre-cut.

Dave

Ralph Arning at Ford commented that the stripe application is a very tedious and time consuming process in that there are 17 different pieces to the stripe kit. According to Ralph, the backlog in the "striping" process has been one of the primary causes of the shipping delays.

Ralph Arning at Ford commented that the stripe application is a very tedious and time consuming process in that there are 17 different pieces to the stripe kit. According to Ralph, the backlog in the "striping" process has been one of the primary causes of the shipping delays.

When I talked with Ralph today while checking on my build date (1 week away) :happy feet: he said that they were caught up & after my car rolled of the end of the line I could expect to see it in 10 to 15 days :drop: since it's being shipped only about 100 miles away from where they are built :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm not surprised. It looks like a job for at least two, if not three, people, and I would imagine it takes at least a couple of hours to stripe each car. :kuko:

When I talked with Ralph today while checking on my build date (1 week away) :happy feet: he said that they were caught up & after my car rolled of the end of the line I could expect to see it in 10 to 15 days :drop: since it's being shipped only about 100 miles away from where they are built :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GOOD LUCK : I will believe it when you post you have it.

GOOD LUCK : I will believe it when you post you have it.

Based on guy #1's in town on how long it took him to get his mine should come in around Nov 13th at the latest, but I hope Ralph is correct & it's here sooner just because I live in MICHIGAN & it doesn't have to be trucked more than 100 miles. It's a coupe & not a vert so hopefully that helps also.

Trust Me when I get it you'll know! I'll look like this & this ..... :woohoo::drop::woohoo:

Coldwater - you just made my day. I have an October 16th build date.

hsurb

Does anyone know?

Computers are a wonderful thing. While the actual application can be tedious, the design can be fed from the CAD drawings and the cutting machine can take into account all the variances in surface curvature, vents, etc, so that when they are laid down, they form a perfectly straight line even through the curves.

I have already had to order strips from ford for my front bumper. On the front bumper you have to order 4 diffrent stickers packs. i dont have them infromt of me right now but thru ford it was like $220.00

The lower 2" strip was like $38 comes as a set

Then there is the front of the front bummper as a set $3X.XX

The kicker the top of the front bumper has to be order one for the right and one for the left 68.XX for EACH

And there not the same thickness eather not even close.

And there not the same thickness as the stock strips.

YUP ME TOO...same build date!

...help me paa its gettin dark...I can't see the light....

Cheers,

Requis

Me too Oct 16th it has been a long wait since ording March 16th and wanting for my embony tunstun, crimson car since Jan 05 my car will soon be here :bandance:

Coldwater, any word on your car?

I called the 800# and they told me it was due at the dealership November 3rd.

hsurb

All three times I called today I was told that it was being built today :happy feet: and that it will ship out Oct 23rd & would arrive sometime around Oct 28th to Nov 3rd also. :happy feet: :party::roses:

The funny thing was at 4:42pm on my way home from work while traveling on I-94 (heading east) around mile marker #81 their was a FORD car carrier going westbound & on the back of it was a 2007 Performance White with Vista Blue stripes SHELBY GT500 (just like mine) going bye-me to someone very lucky in the West in the next few days (talk about a coincident & getting Goosebumps)

BUT.... I'll I'm not holding my breath.

All three times I called today I was told that it was being built today :happy feet: and that it will ship out Oct 23rd & would arrive sometime around Oct 28th to Nov 3rd also. :happy feet: :party::roses:

The funny thing was at 4:42pm on my way home from work while traveling on I-94 (heading east) around mile marker #81 their was a FORD car carrier going westbound & on the back of it was a 2007 Performance White with Vista Blue stripes SHELBY GT500 (just like mine) going bye-me to someone very lucky in the West in the next few days (talk about a coincident & getting Goosebumps)

Coldwater

I received a call from my dealer at 11:00 today. He said he received the title and MSO on the car today. He said it was scheduled to go down the line yesterday (Monday, October 16th) and he has a dealer delivery date of November 2nd.

hsurb

Hopefully the carrier continues to the West Coast. I have a White w/Vista that was built on 9/23 - I'm still waiting.

Coldwater

I received a call from my dealer at 11:00 today. He said he received the title and MSO on the car today. He said it was scheduled to go down the line yesterday (Monday, October 16th) and he has a dealer delivery date of November 2nd.

hsurb

thanks for the heads up, I'll call my dealer to see if he got mine :shift:

Archived