TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear end noise TSB

Afterburner

I know this has been addressed but I just want to get it straight before I bring my car in for the clutch/flywheel issue. The rear end noise when turning slowly has no TSB or fix? If it's considered normal, I don't want to complain about it and have the dealer do any unnecesary work that wont permanently get rid of it. Thanks.

I know this has been addressed but I just want to get it straight before I bring my car in for the clutch/flywheel issue. The rear end noise when turning slowly has no TSB or fix? If it's considered normal, I don't want to complain about it and have the dealer do any unnecesary work that wont permanently get rid of it. Thanks.

To my knowledge there is no specific GT500 TSB for the issue. My dealer received a new differential / axle assembly. Being installed today.

I just got mine back from the dealer. It had the same issue. At first the dealer told me the noise was normal, however after talking to the mechanic for a few minutes, he agreed to drain and replace the gear lube and friction modifier. This took care of the problem and I'm happy not to have the noise anymore.

Grabber, Thanks for always keeping us up to date on the latest info. This TSB is for a constant whine while normal driving I believe. TSB 07-22-8 addresses the low speed moan while turning but says for 2005-2007 Mustang GT's only. Not sure if adding the friction modifier is a long term fix.

I had this problem (noise with low-speed turns, after warm-up) as well. Took it to the dealer, and they said there's a TSB for it (presumably the one for the GT) - they added the friction modifier, and the noise is almost completely gone. They asked me to monitor it, and if it comes back or gets worse, they will contact Ford for further instructions or replacement parts. It will probably have to wait till spring, since i expect the car to come off the road in 2-3 weeks time now.

neo

I had this problem (noise with low-speed turns, after warm-up) as well. Took it to the dealer, and they said there's a TSB for it (presumably the one for the GT) - they added the friction modifier, and the noise is almost completely gone. They asked me to monitor it, and if it comes back or gets worse, they will contact Ford for further instructions or replacement parts. It will probably have to wait till spring, since i expect the car to come off the road in 2-3 weeks time now.

neo

Dealer completed my new axle install, yesterday. On the drive home, I noticed the silence even at highway speeds. Curious to see how long it lasts. Interesting enough, the axle comes with all fluids pre-filled.

I'm curious about were you saw it's just for Mustang GT's ?

Well it doesn't say "just for Mustang GT's" but it states "Some 2005-2007 Mustang GT Vehicles" so I thought that unless it also said "and Shelby GT500" that it was just for GT's. That and the fact that some GT500 owners stated somewhere in this forum that they were told that the moan/groan was normal or they had to talk the service dept. into adding friction modifier gave me the impression that the TSB didn't apply to GT500's. Hopefully that is the fix. Mine's going in next week for that and the flywheel issue.

Archived