TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Mustang Owner

kraegar

Just picked up my first mustang last week... in researching them, I spent too much time browsing these forums, so I figured I'd register here & post a pic of it.

Nothing modified... yet. Just an '07 v6 with the pony pack, alloy clearcoat mettallic. But I'm still thrilled with my new purchase :)

http://home.comcast.net/~kraegar_indreju/mustang.jpg

Once I have a bit of money, I may look into CAI & tuning, to give it a bit of a boost.

- Tony

Hi Tony - Welcome aboard.

Sweet looking Mustang. Very classy. :rockon:

We've got an interesting group of members here. Things get a little dicey now and then - but we also have some fun and have some very hip members - lots of info.

More pics when you can.

Bryan

Very NICE!!! I don't know about you passing me by, but I will certainly BEEP!!! See ya around town!

LOL, you 'caught' that, huh. OK, I tried to slip it by ya... GUITLY. I'll be looking out for you at car shows. I hang with a pack of about 10 folks at BadMustangsClub.Com. We'll be in Moorestown Oct 14th for the show there. A great bunch. Real active...

Stan

Couple of things I've noticed after 2 weeks of driving -

1 - I wish I could tell where the nose of this thing actually is! I have a *very* tight turn (always a 3 point turn) into my garage, which is narrow (about 7 inches of total clearance). I'm constantly worried I'm going to misjudge it and bump the sides of the nose as I pull in. Going to have to get a convex mirror up or something to help me park.

2 - My right leg has to rest against the center console when I drive (I'm tall, 6'5"). That space could be another inch wider!

3 - I use an iPod, and occasionally the sound warbles. It only does this in my Stang. I'm using an apple charger, and a 1' straight through audio cable. Not sure why it's doing that, seems totally random.

4 - When the car is cold, it can be difficult to hit 1st gear. Once it warms up this is not a problem. (A friend who owns a vert GT says that they really loosen up after a while)

5 - I seem to get lost in this car. Quick trips to the grocery store are taking me two to three times as long as they should, even though the car is much quicker then my last one. I find myself out in the country on strange roads, for no reason. :hysterical:

6 - I've come out of several stores to find people just standing and looking at my car. I find it humorous. Last night I came out of Kohl's to find a new Dodge Charger SRT8 parked next to my car, and the owner leaning against it. As I approached, he asked if he could take a look, and we stood & chatted for a while. He left saying that "that mustang's enough to make me think Dodge just isn't where it's at anymore" - even though his charger cost him TWICE what mine cost me! :happy feet:

All in all, I think the biggest thing I've noticed is that I enjoy driving again. Just getting on the road, and driving to drive. More often then not I find I turn the radio off, and just enjoy the sound of the car, and the feel of the road. :shift:

- Tony

5 - I seem to get lost in this car. Quick trips to the grocery store are taking me two to three times as long as they should, even though the car is much quicker then my last one. I find myself out in the country on strange roads, for no reason. :hysterical:

- Tony

Funny, I've forgotten my wallet on the way to get coffee twice now and had to come all the way back home. I think it's a subliminal thing.

I saw your jeep and had to laugh. The Jeep must be the gateway drug of the automotive world. I had to get rid of mine when we had our daughter, but the stang is a more than suitable replacement.

Jeep Link Clicky

I saw your jeep and had to laugh. The Jeep must be the gateway drug of the automotive world. I had to get rid of mine when we had our daughter, but the stang is a more than suitable replacement.

Nice! The rims on that almost look too sharp to get dirty... almost!

Mine was a birthday present to myself 7 years ago. My wife loves it more then I do, even... there's not a chance I'll be parting with it :) With its 304 v8, it has a whole different kind of power then my stang. No speed, but a whole lot of power there.

- Tony

Tony: Welcome. You are right about the cars ride and sound. They are sweet. I really like the color you picked, the lower stripe really sets it off. My nieghbor just bought that same car, but Red. I checked it out, and they are very nice. Again, welcome, and have fun cruzin :shift:

Damn, just found out my dealer won't install any aftermarket parts on the V6, and only installs Roush aftermarket parts on the GT's. I have another shop I can go to that does performance work, but I was really hoping to all have it done at the place I got it, so I could make sure the warranty was ok.

- Tony

I seem to get lost in this car. Quick trips to the grocery store are taking me two to three times as long as they should, even though the car is much quicker then my last one. I find myself out in the country on strange roads, for no reason. :hysterical:

All in all, I think the biggest thing I've noticed is that I enjoy driving again. Just getting on the road, and driving to drive. More often then not I find I turn the radio off, and just enjoy the sound of the car, and the feel of the road. :shift:

- Tony

You are a true car guy, driving to drive. I hardly listen to tunes when I drive, I love to listen to the motor, I become one with the machine, whoops, I need to stop now. :hysterical:

I lucked out - the shop I usually go to specializes in Chevy mods, not Ford... so they've sent me to a nearby shop that specializes in Fords, and in particular, Mustangs. Check em out: http://www.brenspeed.com

The guys at my shop said they're excellent, so I can't wait to give them a visit. And they even work within Ford's warranty when possible, and are careful not to void it.

- Tony

Damn, you guys are all making me jealous -- I had to go see my old '01 Cobra a couple of weeks ago just to spend a weekend enjoying driving!!!

---

Welcome V6 Stang brethren! Love that blue with the hood scoop!

Someone mentuoned more power for the V6... You probably know about the Shelby CS6 s/c kit? It was originally going to be turnkey work by Shelby Autos (Las Vegas), then a kit, now being offered by Shelby Autos (along with a ton of other goodies) through Hillbank Motor Sports.

He's a linke to the CS6 on the Shelby Autos site -- at the bottom is a link to Hillbank ... the tabs at the top of their pages will get you to some nice stuff. Apparantly you can now just buy pieces (or the whole kit -- pricey!) like hood, brakes, etc.

Congrats on your new rides and good luck all!

-Dan

Archived