TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got the call, but now I am torn on going just now

Hi,

Perhaps this is a Dr. Phil moment as I am looking for some of your thoughts.

I got the call today to make the 10,000 Deposit so that My car can go in next month for the SS Upgrade.

My hang up is this. If I do this, I really want the 11" Rears and the Matching front and back calipers. They seem so close to being ready that I hate to miss out on them.

It is October now, November when the car goes and December when it gets back. Living in Canada I will not be able to drive the car until April/May of 2009 due to the weather.

So do I pass for now and wait for a later time when the New wheels and calipers are ready or go now :P ???

This is so hard as it has been a long wait, would it be worth waiting a few more months?

Cheers

Are you going to be driving the car in November/December anyway?

If not, it sounds like a perfect time to send it in. This way, the first clean day that shows up, you're ready to hit the road. I'd say go for it now.

On the other hand, if you wait and something got delayed into the driving season (not as though that ever happens), you would miss out on driving time. That would be a pisser.

Are you going to be driving the car in November/December anyway?

If not, it sounds like a perfect time to send it in. This way, the first clean day that shows up, you're ready to hit the road. I'd say go for it now.

On the other hand, if you wait and something got delayed into the driving season (not as though that ever happens), you would miss out on driving time. That would be a pisser.

Good points,

I will not be driving in from Nov-2008 untill april/may 2009 as it will be all nested in the garage for the winter.

I see your point, now is a perfect time to send it as the car will be ready for the spring :)

Those 11" meats would seem to be better for getting 725 horses to the ground. But I would hate to miss driving in 2009 due to a push back.

Lol, the agony :) I guess I will have to sleep on it, but hopefully the good folks here will share their opinions of what you would do and why :)

2008 GT500 - Black - vert

Vegas-waiting list for the SuperSnake #08SS0097

VIN# 1ZVHT89S585 104475

Paid 10K deposit October 2007

I too have the same wants. I have decided to wait. Although, I live in Phoenix, AZ = real close to Vegas!

However, I have not received "THE SS CALL to VEGAS" :headscratch:

2009 Nissan GT-R - 480HP. Rims = 20 x 10.5 - however the GT-R is AWD ... tire spinning = not a problem.

ZR-1 - 638HP. 12-inch WIDE rear wheels.

08 Viper - 600HP. 13-inch WIDE rear wheels.

Z06 - 505HP. 12-inch WIDE rear wheels.

They all have wider rear wheel/tires. :banghead:

I wouldn't wait for the revisions to the SS package. When the wheels and brakes are ready, SAI will notify the owners of delivered SS's.

Just my .02

Hi MY500SS,

Will SIA take the existing SS Rear rims and brakes on trade? Or will we have to pay full value for the new ones?

If they give credit for the old ones than it is a no brainier and I will definitely go now :)

Hi MY500SS,

Will SIA take the existing SS Rear rims and brakes on trade? Or will we have to pay full value for the new ones?

If they give credit for the old ones than it is a no brainier and I will definitely go now :)

Not sure about that, SAI is still working it out. I would guess it's going to add cost whether you car is finished or not.

Thanks MY500SS, life is short so why wait :)... I am sure SIA will do right by us in the end :)

I'm picking up my SS vert on Monday. I'll ask about the credit, as I'm also interested in the wider wheels and tires. But I doubt they'll offer one...

With so many Mustangs on the road, if they fit then you should have no trouble finding a buyer. Especially since they'll have "SUPERSNAKE" forged on them. Hmmm, that opens up a can of worms, doesn't it? :stirpot:

08 Snake

Red coupe.

That would be really cool if you could. I don't think they have started on it yet though.

Sorry Joker, but I didn't see yours. But I must say I didn't see much, other than the lines of GT500's waiting to be converted into KR's. They were parked in the lot outside.

Sorry Joker, but I didn't see yours. But I must say I didn't see much, other than the lines of GT500's waiting to be converted into KR's. They were parked in the lot outside.

Thanks for looking! I saw the same large amount of cars there when I dropped mine off too.

Hey!

Where's your arrival thread! How do you like it? Gotta give some details bud! :drool:

Hey!

Where's your arrival thread! How do you like it? Gotta give some details bud! :drool:

Coming soon! I'm behind on everything: work, play, family... Too many out-of-town trips this year. If I jump on the computer as soon as I get home, well, let's just say I'd be less popular than I already am.

This weekend for sure! Pics are still on the camera...

Archived